The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #26
tincan1966

Re: CPP terrible service

I have been ordering from CPP for several years and not one single issue. Must be plain ol dumb luck. Of coarse I only order directly, EBay is such a waste of time, IMO.

Most recently ordered disc rake conversion kit, power brake booster/MC combo, trans crossmember and engine crossmember/mounts for our Ford project. everything was correct and worked flawlessly.

Not blowing smoke up anyone's backside, but been lucky with no issues.
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #27
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

I read through this and i am so confused i don't even understand exactly what happened?
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:00 AM   #28
sighlurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
I read through this and i am so confused i don't even understand exactly what happened?
Bought the carrier crossmember. It would not slide in between the frame rails. Rails have never been damaged, no bumps or dents from impact. PB xmember slid in between no problem. Called CPP, they suggested I use the grinder.
Bought the rear disc kit. Outside pads rubbed on the rotor hat on both sides, leaving a black circle around the hat. Called CPP, they blamed it on a new supplier for parts. Suggested I grind the pads down on a grinder. Bought AC Delco pads, that fixed it. Couldn't get the rear calipers centered on either rotor without making shims (none in the kit). Called CPP, spoke to Aaron. He wanted pictures and me to work with CPP Engineering. I wanted to pay close to $1K for a kit without a hassle. Upgraded to Wilwood through another vendor.

I've bought two things from CPP, both needed extra work to make fit. I lost my patience, and don't have the time to continue improving something that shouldn't have left your shop.
sighlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #29
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsigh View Post
Bought the carrier crossmember. It would not slide in between the frame rails. Rails have never been damaged, no bumps or dents from impact. PB xmember slid in between no problem. Called CPP, they suggested I use the grinder.
Bought the rear disc kit. Outside pads rubbed on the rotor hat on both sides, leaving a black circle around the hat. Called CPP, they blamed it on a new supplier for parts. Suggested I grind the pads down on a grinder. Bought AC Delco pads, that fixed it. Couldn't get the rear calipers centered on either rotor without making shims (none in the kit). Called CPP, spoke to Aaron. He wanted pictures and me to work with CPP Engineering. I wanted to pay close to $1K for a kit without a hassle. Upgraded to Wilwood through another vendor.

I've bought two things from CPP, both needed extra work to make fit. I lost my patience, and don't have the time to continue improving something that shouldn't have left your shop.
Although i agree with you 100% of the stuff not needing modifications, i will promise you i have never needed to do anything on anyones truck to make a carrier bearing fit and as for the "bolt on" disc kit you should have got shims in the kit and the pad touching the rotor hat is not common but i have certainly heard of that because they are trying to get every last potential millimeter of pad on the rotor face and depending on pad vendor that tolerance can go over. My appologies for the issues you had with the kit and having to actually go to a different vendor is very extreme.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #30
sighlurr

Customer Service needs to understand there were two different stock carrier bearings that came on these trucks. The inline style that's similar to the aftermarket poly, but then that bolts width ways. When I tried explaining this, the guy discounted it with "just go buy a new $20 bearing." But they're pressed on, and you'd have to pull the tranny.

If chevy truck guys had the patience to make the CPP stuff work, customer service should be completely overhauled. There's absolutely no empathy over the phone right now. People would be open to working with CPP, if it went both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Although i agree with you 100% of the stuff not needing modifications, i will promise you i have never needed to do anything on anyones truck to make a carrier bearing fit and as for the "bolt on" disc kit you should have got shims in the kit and the pad touching the rotor hat is not common but i have certainly heard of that because they are trying to get every last potential millimeter of pad on the rotor face and depending on pad vendor that tolerance can go over. My appologies for the issues you had with the kit and having to actually go to a different vendor is very extreme.
sighlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #31
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsigh View Post
Customer Service needs to understand there were two different stock carrier bearings that came on these trucks. The inline style that's similar to the aftermarket poly, but then that bolts width ways. When I tried explaining this, the guy discounted it with "just go buy a new $20 bearing." But they're pressed on, and you'd have to pull the tranny.

If chevy truck guys had the patience to make the CPP stuff work, customer service should be completely overhauled. There's absolutely no empathy over the phone right now. People would be open to working with CPP, if it went both ways.
Seriously bro i totally appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to give me your info.