The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
DennisP

Orange engine rebuilding Co. Anaheim CA

Just want to advise members here that if you like getting put off, screwed with, lied to, and just plain poor service, Orange engine in Anaheim CA is the place for you!!
Ordered a stock 350 from them back in February. I am now waiting on the second engine to be finished now in September. Past performance tells me this wont happen until October or November if then! First engine pinged and leaked oil like crazy. Seems he put 305 heads on my 350 and "forgot" to tell me he did it. I quit calling them months ago because all they do is put me off,they always say they'll get right back to me and NEVER do. I now pay a weekly visit to them to check on the progress.Lucky for me I live close by, I try to keep my visit's civil as I need them to finish this job. I don't have time to do it myself or I would. These guys are Experts at talking the talk! They know how to tell you exactly what you want to hear. When it comes to DOING...well that's a different story. As it stands at the moment. I have an engine minus heads sitting on the floor of their shop. My truck is down there to do the engine swap. He told me to bring it down a week ago to do this. I went down there yesterday.. no one touched it yet. He says it's been too hot outside bla, bla. I looked at the heads they were supposed to be building for it. They looked terrible. Water passages all clogged with rust. Looks like someone ran strait water through them for years. A friend gave me a good set to put on so I took them down and am having these installed. That will probably delay the build for God knows how long, but at least I know the heads wont be giving me problems down the road.
Sorry to ramble but this company has got me so p****d off I have to vent.
If you want to see how the great members of this forum helped me trouble shoot the problems I was having with this build and this company, check out my post, New engine and spark plug question under Engine and Drive train section on 6-5-12
DennisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: Orange engine rebuilding Co. Anaheim CA

That sucks man. If you are looking for another engine rebuilder here in So Cal, I would recommend Wayne's in Riverside. Good luck, I hope this works out for you.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
vin63
It's Better With Nitro

Re: Orange engine rebuilding Co. Anaheim CA

Ugh...sorry to hear about that. Just as bad as the auto body/paint shop black holes that people refer to in some of the nightmare builds. Being on the racing side of things, I work with two shops primarily these days in SoCal. Both shops coincidentally do the majority of machining for other engine building shops in their respective areas and have a large portion of their business devoted to street engines and rebuilds for other shops (correcting mistakes by other shops). In both cases, they also specialize in unique and rare applications since both owners have extensive backgrounds in machining. Just in case and for future reference:

BMS Machine and Racing Engines - Dave Basham, owner
904 Riverview Drive
San Bernardino, CA 92408
(909) 799-7770

MachineTech Racing Engines - Monte Woodard, owner
628 Crouch Street
Oceanside, CA. 92054
(760) 434-4935
Tubular front and rear suspension
Custom 6-piston front disc and 4-piston rear disc brakes
vin63 is offline   Reply With Quote