The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-14-2020, 06:59 AM   #1
Terry Peerson

Summit Racing

My old '96 Tahoe is having some Fuel-related issues, So, I decided to replace the Fuel Injectors. The best price I could find was from Summitt Racing.com. Their listed price was $264. The average price (on the net was @ $500. Ordered the part (OEM AC/Delco.) which is a re-packaged Delphi on December 9th from Summit. This is the same Spider Injector unit that is on just about every Chevy/GMC, etc. V-8 vehicle from the early '90s up till the 2000's. I would say that probably there are currently millions of vehicles on the road that use this part. It was "Backordered" and would not ship until January 31. OK, not convenient, but I understand, and for their advertised price, I was willing to wait. So, I called them last Thursday (Jan 9) to ask what the deal was. I was told that there were some availability issues and the part would still ship Jan 31. So, I was resigned to waiting till the 31st. THE NEXT DAY, I got an email stating that the Manufacturer would not be providing this part anymore and that I would be getting my payment refunded. BUT, THEY ARE STILL LISTING THE SAME PART ON THEIR WEBSITE! But, the price has been removed. Now, MAYBE they are being truthful. But, suspicious old me thinks otherwise. Ordered a new one from Amazon. Not as good of a price but acceptable. Should get it by Friday. I just thought that I should let others know about my experience if they are thinking of using Summit. Personally, I will never use Summit Racing for anything, ever again.
2004 Silverado SS (Can't afford to drive the dang thing with gas at $ 3.00)
Terry Peerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:11 AM   #2
95 S_Trucker

Re: Summit Racing

Are you still using the poppet style or the upgrade style?

The upgrade is 276 on summit and 275 on amazon. That is standard motor products(reputable brand)

The poppet style is outdated and has been phasing out for years.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:39 AM   #3
Terry Peerson

The one I purchased was the 217-3029. Multi-Port upgrade. OEM AC/Delco. Their advertised price was $264
2004 Silverado SS (Can't afford to drive the dang thing with gas at $ 3.00)
Terry Peerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
rpmerf

It's going to be the same almost wherever you go. Amazon does the same thing. Summit and Amazon don't build the part, they don't even stock it half the time. They just sell it. When an order comes in, they send the order to whoever made / stocks the part to ship it out. I've had a similar experience on Summit Racing with an exhaust system. It sucks, but I figured that was the risk in ordering a back ordered item.

I've used Summit Racing a lot. They are probably my #2 place for car parts after Rock Auto. Especially for aftermarket parts.
1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z
rpmerf is offline   Reply With Quote