The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #51
ctucker

Re: Bad Deal with bryanschevyparts---

I dont have an input on this subject just because it can go back and fourth all day I agree with some of it and disagree with some of it. I would like to say Chip Foose does use Year One but just because he uses them does not mean he uses all their products.

All I would like to say is i have dealt with bryan on a couple occasions and I have always recieved everything just as he described. He has also went out of his way to help me a couple times. I do not want to start a back and fourth just a POSITIVE Post to put my dealings with bryan. Donnt mean to jump in or start a fight just an input!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #52
bryanschevyparts

much thanks chris ..
bryanschevyparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #53
bryanschevyparts

please compare. i really dont care for an opinion.thanks

Last edited by bryanschevyparts; 12-11-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #54
bryanschevyparts

more

Old 12-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #55
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanschevyparts View Post
please compare. i really dont care for an opinion.thanks
It looks like the upolstry shop took a razor blade to the flap and removed (hacked) it. If it was not there to begin with, why did the upolstry shop not notice the problem and inform you that there was a problem before installing them?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #56
bryanschevyparts

no hacking done. must just be what everyone gets when they order new covers

Old 12-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #57
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I have bought parts from Bryan, and sold parts to Bryan. No problems either way. He had more parts that I would have liked, but just didn't have the cash for. I would buy from him again though.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #58
Stitch
Account Suspended

even if they weren't there which they should have been, the upholstery shop should have sewn in a piece in it's place...very easy process if you know what you're doing...hell they even could have added a piece without sewing it and tucked it into the bottom cover and the backrest cover...also, I'd like to add that they might have not been there and probably weren't there buy the looks of the seam that Bryan showed...but like I said, an experienced shop would have corrected the problem and not given you the seats back that way...

Chuck.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #59
special-K
Special Order

I was going to say exactly what Mike said.It was trimmed,by who?Can`t say.It appears they were never sewn at the side skirt (backside of welt) and the extra was trimmed from the seat top.I suspect it either left PUI untrimmed but shouldn`t have passed inspection or was trimmed at upholstery shop.So,they were made wrong and followed by a poor installation,the way it appears to me.A proper upholstery guy would have seen the difference and taken care of it.I`ve never seen an upholsterer not be totally critical of ready-made covers.They like the time/labor savings but always crtique the quality against thier quality of work.I can`t imagine a true upholsterer not inspecting before attempting to install.Judging by the rest of his work I can say that guy isn`t a real upholsterer.Anyone can install ready-made covers and if all goes well you can have a decent looking seat again.But,there is skill and knowledge to upholstery that is required when all things aren`t just right or you get a crappy job.My guy would have pointed that out and given me my options before moving forward.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #60
Stitch
Account Suspended

couldn't have said it better myself...

Chuck
Old 12-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #61
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

I'll throw in my quick two cents' worth about direct dealings with Bryan and ignore everything else in the thread (though I did read it all).

I've given Bryan a LOT of my money for parts and am very happy with what I got for my money. My first dealing with Bryan was for an AC cab and doors. He delivered it to my house from 100 miles away with no money up front. You can see pics of the cab in my build thread. The cab was EXACTLY as he described and he even threw in a rust-free fender that I wasn't expecting. The '72 doors are flawless. For all he knew he could have driven 200 miles with a loaded trailer -- and this was when gas was around $4/gallon -- and I could have changed my mind when he got there.

My second dealing with Bryan was for a radiator support and complete front crossmember setup with A-arms, spindles, brakes, etc. Paid him up front this time and he delivered them to my house while I was at work out of town. I was delighted when I got home and saw what my money had bought me. Again, you can see pics in my build thread. As I recall it took awhile to get the stuff delivered, but it was a busy time of year and I have no doubt I would have had a refund within 24 hours had I asked for it. As it was, I had plenty of other stuff to keep me busy while waiting for the parts. And hey, it's not like Bryan has nothing better to do than to drive 200+ miles to bring me parts.

I feel bad for people who have had deals fall through or drag on. I've had that happen to me and have also had stuff come up that has kept me from getting parts to people as quickly as we both would have liked. Sh*t happens and IMHO if you want parts delivered absolutely reliably and on time, your only real choice is to buy from a full-time vendor ... and even then you're taking your chances as I found out when I ordered some stuff from Brothers. There are lots of great people out there who will do their damnedest to get your parts shipped out the same day you pay, but sometimes life gets in the way. Not saying that's what happened to start this thread -- that's just a general observation.

FWIW, I'm not subscribing to this thread as I have enough drama in real life. But if you have questions specifically related to my dealings on this board, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Also FWIW, I'm posting here of my own free will. No one coerced me into saying anything. I'm not a shill for anyone.

Brent

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #62
yellowblazer1969

This is a message i recieved from brian, just thought evryone might like to see it. it is in response to my comment "i would love to see the pictures for my shops wall of install shame"

Dear consoleman1969,
well well how are we doing? i love your comments you have posted on the truck board.maybe after getting all sides and seeing the pictures you would like to comment you and i both know that crap in a box he sold me was junk/flawed/defective,but i am shure you wont say a word? about the covers!?!?! .NOT THE INSTALL. they worked with what they had and what i gave them .and what was sold to me **** in a box.also GOOD LUCK GETTING YOUR MONEY FROM THE LOSER THAT BID/BOUGHT YOUR SEATS!!! merry x-mas (sent to me through ebvay)

Just for the record brian all i wanted to see was the pictures (we have pictures up in our shop to show what the difference is between correctly and incorrectly installed covers aka what customers are paying for). the covers have the bottom rear ears sewed on in the wrong places they came like this from pui i have tried to help them correct this issue for a while now but i find it is just easier to remove the incorrectly sewn pieces and resew them in the right place because it takes less than 10 minutes, but i also have done a lot of theese seats so i know what the upholstery is supposed to look like. anyway just wanted to thank you for all the x-mass cheer, hope you have more to do than stalk me on ebay next year.

Last edited by yellowblazer1969; 12-08-2008 at 03:19 PM.
yellowblazer1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #63
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

It's none of my business but why not go after the installer for installing them in the first place??? How much did this shop charge you? I would be ticked off at the shop first! You should post the name of the business to warn other board members in your state not to use them for work. My 2 cents.
c10crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #64
Musclerodz

With that pic showed, it appears PUI forgot to sewn in the flap. But at the same time, the upolstry shop should have seen the problem and corrected before install. I have no problem with you Bryan, or Frank. This is the error on the upolstry shop and you should get you labor money back from them. They should have corrected the problem or notified you of the problem before installing them rather than giving you that crap back. Frank's only responsibilty as a retailer is the part he sold you. He has no control over who installs the parts in the field and therefor can't warranty someone else's labor. Do you think Autozone is going to pay you back for the labor to install the 5 faulty alternators they sold you trying to get one good one? I don't think so.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #65
bryanschevyparts

Tim ,Thank you.are you saying that's just the way they come? or did i just get a special set of covers.i would like to think that when you order new covers you should already have the(missing pieces).and not have to do any extra patching or sewing .you would think that you can take them out of the box and install them? and as for buying ready to go seat covers NEVER AGAIN. The gamble of what you are going to get is NOT worth it also i have a few guys saying that PUI needs to take a BETTER LOOK! at what they are selling to people.i also know that this should have been handled ALOT different !am not calling you out. .i have learned a few lessons thanks to ALL.Bryan

Last edited by bryanschevyparts; 12-08-2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: sp
Old 12-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #66
Stitch
Account Suspended

the question is are you going to give the rest of the money to Frank that you still owe him to make up for the difference on what you paid him and what the original price is...

Chuck.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #67
bryanschevyparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PICKMUP View Post
Thanks Liz & Josh for all your time on this issue.
Here is a link to some nice CST buckets with the same PUI covers for comparison. Good shops do good work! http://ads.auctionads.com/pagead/lin...3AIT&viewitem=
...and here are a few more pics of the install on Bryan's seats.
I accepted Bryan's "Deal" of $156 payment (My cost was $229).
If anyone ever doesn't like a part they get from me, I will always refund their money. If you get a part that you think isn't built right, contact the manufacturer and see if they can make it right/better.
I contacted PUI immediately and provided the pics. They questioned the install because of all those being sold and used. I even offered to provide them with a full set of seats and new repro foams to use to re-evaluate their covers. I did not want to post this thread...Bryan did!
Fat hoe. you sure do have diarrhea of the mouth!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #68
Stitch
Account Suspended

The original price of the seat covers was not $156 though was it...you paid him less the second time than what you originally paid for the seat covers to cover your cost on the labor for the installation which was wrong...Frank shouldn't have to eat the cost of your installation because your upholstery guy didn't do you right...You should pay Frank what you originally agreed on for the covers and have your upholstery fix the seats for free...because you paid him to install the seats correctly to begin with...But just because he didn't doesn't mean it's Frank's fault and he should have to pay for your bad judgment on who to have install the covers...he sold you the covers, not the install...and I'm not an attention whore, I just believe in what's right is right...and you are the only one that thinks I have diarrhea of the mouth because you know what I'm saying is the truth and you don't like it...

Chuck.

Last edited by Stitch; 12-08-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #69
bryanschevyparts

you have some sorta beef with me?? all you are doing at this point is running your mouth not one person has asked you to comment ,and yes you do have diarrhea of the mouth . i have done what was right and paid frank a price that we BOTH agreed with .and i dont give two s#!+$ about what you have said about the covers .they are FLAWED IN MANY WAYS and a few people have stated that but in a round about way .You are beating dead horse ....

Last edited by bryanschevyparts; 12-08-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #70
Stitch
Account Suspended

flawed but fixable by a reputable upholstery shop that has the experience...it's your upholstery shops fault the covers were installed wrong and look like that, not Franks...so when are you going to give Frank the rest of the original price of the covers...seems to me by the post he made that you quoted three posts ago that it was YOUR "deal" to pay him less than the original price not his...and it seems like Frank just wanted to agree with YOUR "deal" so he could get some of his money back...that does not mean that you still shouldn't pay the original price agreed upon by you and Frank for the seat cover...if you were really a stand up guy like some of these people say you are, you would pay Frank what he originally sold you the covers for...that's all I'm asking...is for you to be a man and do the right thing...

and no I have no beef with you, I have a serious problem with the shady way you have dealt with the situation...

Chuck.

Last edited by Stitch; 12-08-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #71
bryanschevyparts

Key Word -............Flawed.............you don'.t pay retail for something that is Flawed? do ya .also if you must know.i have the original INVOICE that show's exactly what was paid for them ... YOU JUST DON'T GET IT DO YOU?? now are you gonna go back to the 73 side and promote your shop ? or are what .ALSO YOU SURE SEEM INVESTED IN THIS DEAL .(IN SOME CRAZY GUY WAY) for some random expert
Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #72
68 short step

68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #73
Stitch
Account Suspended

I order stuff all the time that comes in and it's flawed and I pay retail for it...if it can be fixed, I fix it...if it can't be fixed I call the manufacturer and I send it back...those covers were any easy fix...not everything is going to be perfect...that's why you paid them to install them...if not then you could have put them on yourself and saved yourself some money...you could have made them look that good, I'm sure...and it doesn't matter what WAS paid for them...it matters what you agreed to pay for them to begin with...Frank and no other supplier is going to sell something to you or anyone else for what they paid for it...they wouldn't make money that way...and btw, just so you know, the $229 that Frank said he paid for them was his jobber/wholesale price, not retail...and about me going over to the 73 side, I have been over there and I've been over here and I've been over to the classifieds...I'll look where I want that's what this board is here for...and I have not tried to promote my shop ONCE on this board or any other board...I offered advice and help to anyone that wants it, but that's all...and I'm like I said before I just believe in what's right is right...btw, you still haven't said whether you are going to stand up and be a man and pay Frank the remaining balance on the seat covers or not...

Chuck

oh yeah and thanks for calling me an expert...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...
Old 12-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #74
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

branyschevyparts, this is a one time and final warning. Please do not cuss in posts, nor tell folks what or where they can or can not post. If you have an issue with a post, use the report a post feature and let the staff handle it. Anything beyond that, such as the posts above, are considered trolling.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #75
truckdude239

i've order parts form PICKMUP never no problems. in the retail bussiness my self he is only responsible for the product which from what i read he has done that by refunding your money and thats the end of his responsibility.

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube

Last edited by truckdude239; 12-08-2008 at 10:55 PM.
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote