The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

What should I do- who else emailed w/ Jeremy Weaver about his rolling chassis?

I originally bought a rolling chassis on here from a member who needed the money really bad. I arranged shipping and we worked out a price. I had asked for all the details of the chassis and he told me how all the stuff was primered, sand blasted and painted. All rubber was new, the frame was stripped down and powder coated, that everything on this chassis was done right.

When I had asked for more detailed pics nothing i got showed anything wrong. They were all distant pictures and from a distance this chassis looks great. It is when you get up close and personal you notice all the problems and everything he was purposely NOT telling me.
Well I get the chassis and two body mounts have been cut off and two black ones bolted on with the rest of them being riveted on. On body mount is completely cracked through and needs to be replaced. THe frame was powder coated OVER the pitting and so I am sure not all the rust was taken care of. The two front frame rails are WELDED on as they are from another frame. He had originally said they were bent a bit but a body shop jigged them all up and they measured and found them perfectly straight. When questioned on it he said he "forgot" to tell me they were welded.

He still holds title to this frame and now refuses to work out the final details of this transaction. I was going to pay the last few hundred bucks once I had the frame and to get the title. WHen I told him that this frame is NOTHING like described, he advised me that he holds title and will report it stolen.

What is everyone opinions on this?
Who else had dealings with Jeremy Weaver about his rolling chassis in plainfield Indiana? I would love to see his emails to you and know what he told you about this chassis when trying to sell it to you.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Re: What should I do- who else emailed w/ Jeremy Weaver about his rolling chassis?

you can see this pic I took the two replaced and bolted on drivers side body mounts and the nice big weld beads on the front of the chassis behind the front body mounts, or rad support mounts.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
big_al_71

Re: What should I do- who else emailed w/ Jeremy Weaver about his rolling chassis?

I have NEVER bought something based on someones word or description unless it is from a company and is new then I have no problem ordering witout seeing it since I would charge it on my american express. I will always go see things in person touch it, feel it, drive it, push it whatever it is then I my self will either transport it or drop it off at the transport company I have definetly saved my self alot of headaches as such you are going thru.
I hope it works out for you!!!!
but the minute the other guy threatens to report it stolen I will get my torch and cut it in chicken nuget size pieces and I will even up the score with him trust me

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild

Last edited by big_al_71; 06-24-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
leddzepp

You should PM Liz and have a mod move this to the proper forum. There is a forum on here that is specifically for bad deals like this. Hope this helps.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 06-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

This needs to be seen by everyone who might have been interested in purchasing this chassis. I have had contact with one other member who also showed me nothing was mentioned about the welded frame, and other stuff.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Hart_Rod

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Did you pay with paypal or a credit card? They both should provide some type of recourse. I was watching this deal and it seemed to good to be true, maybe it was..... With that being said, if all the pieces to the chassis are good, just find another shortbed chassis and swap it over. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear, but might end up being your cheapest route out at this point. Good luck.

EDIT: Bigal71 - good words of wisdom!

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 06-24-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Did you pay with paypal or a credit card? They both should provide some type of recourse. I was watching this deal and it seemed to good to be true, maybe it was..... With that being said, if all the pieces to the chassis are good, just find another shortbed chassis and swap it over. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear, but might end up being your cheapest route out at this point. Good luck.

EDIT: Bigal71 - good words of wisdom!
I paid with a US postal money order which was sent UPS signature required and signed for by him.
It was to good to be true.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
I have NEVER bought something based on someones word or description unless it is from a company and is new then I have no problem ordering witout seeing it since I would charge it on my american express. I will always go see things in person touch it, feel it, drive it, push it whatever it is then I my self will either transport it or drop it off at the transport company I have definetly saved my self alot of headaches as such you are going thru.
I hope it works out for you!!!!
but the minute the other guy threatens to report it stolen I will get my torch and cut it in chicken nuget size pieces and I will even up the score with him trust me
Vindictive little rascal, ain't ya?
I'd leave the VIN numbers on the frame intacy& then crate the pieces up & ship it back to him, just so he would know that he was getting his frame back.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
JohnC

That's terrible man. I hope it all works out for you, but like Big Al said. If he threatens to report it stolen, cut it up!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaschevy View Post
This needs to be seen by everyone who might have been interested in purchasing this chassis. I have had contact with one other member who also showed me nothing was mentioned about the welded frame, and other stuff.
It will be seen by everyone. There is a review board here, with a "bad deals" subforum. Posting here in this forum will lead to nothing except useless opinions for retaliation, which does nothing to solve the problem. You need to PM Liz or a moderator on this. No one likes a raw deal and the proprietors of this message board will do their best to help you and address the issue. I see that you are a new member here, and I am trying to steer you in the right direction.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 06-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #11
otef546

Sorry to hear about that. I know it was not what you wanted to see but is it so bad that you can't make the best of it and just repair the one mount and take some good measurements of the front frame horns to make sure they were done right?As far as the pitting if the rust was sandblasted off and then coated I know its not pretty but it should not be a issue.It might be the cheapest way out and then take it as a lesson learned.Just my opinion and you know what thats worth

Mike
Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
long69

let him report it as stolen. he then will either be arrested for selling stolen property or filing a false police report.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #13
see ten
WTB this ad

Do you have a link to his original ad?

I can't help you...I'm just curious.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

I had major issues dealing with him in the past also. Hope you get it worked out. I hate a dishonest person.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #15
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

This guy sounds like a total douche, what a bummer...I have to agree with long69, as it sounds like it is a road headed for police action anyway. File your own report stating what you have above with all proof and pertinent information you can regarding this transaction. Unfortunetly it will all probably end up in small claims court in the end, and you will still get the shaft, as the buyer always does, but would at least get the title... Our judicial system falls flat on it's face when it comes to matters like these, and that is what folks like this bank on...I got taken by someone on ebay a while ago with a seller posting distant photos of a "new" item, that when shipped, was all chipped up...It happens to all of us and it sucks...
Old 06-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #16
jephs422

I hope you get it all worked out. I would recommend (my opinion only) that you try and make the best of it. Definitely try to file a suit, but the only thing you risk by pissing him off is causing yourself more headache. You are already out of pocket for the chassis, so you won't ever recoup that if you destroy the it, and if he does report it stolen the only thing happening is him going to jail for filing a false police report. Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. You have proof it's paid for.

Scott's Hotrods
Oxnard CA 93030
Old 06-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #17
my67chevytruck
Under Construction

I would ask Josh or Liz to move to the review board. Was there a FS ad for the frame, ( i dont recall seeing one) or was it all done via PM/Email. I wish you the best. you could also take the frame to a reputable frame shop in your area and have them inspect it to see if it's up to PAR. as far as the Title goes, in TX the cab is titled, not the frame, dont know how NV is however.

Best of luck!

subscribe to the board here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=157669
FAQ how to's

1956 Chevy Apache
1967 C10 SWB FleetSide (under construction)
1969 K10 SWB FleetSide (Future Build)
1972 C10 SWB Stepside (Future Build)

56 chevy truck :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2955823/1

67 truck build:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=281357/1

69 k10:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=389470
Old 06-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #18
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67chevytruck View Post
As far as the Title goes, in TX the cab is titled, not the frame, dont know how NV is however.

Best of luck!
Are you sure about that? I was told that for TX, if a truck was brought in from out of state that the title, cab and frame had to match.

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 06-24-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #19
fine69

I moved it, lets keep it where it belongs.

Well, sucks you cant trust the guy.

But, you have this thread to prove you bought it.

I figure you will have to chalk this one up as a bad move.

Don't pay him the rest. You would spend tons trying to fix the issue.

He won't report it stolen as you can prove he is full of crap.

PM Josh and/or Liz about the issue. He might get banned over it.

Good luck.

Board member #6

Last edited by fine69; 06-24-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: adding stuff
Old 06-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #20
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67chevytruck View Post
I would ask Josh or Liz to move to the review board. Was there a FS ad for the frame, ( i dont recall seeing one) or was it all done via PM/Email. I wish you the best. you could also take the frame to a reputable frame shop in your area and have them inspect it to see if it's up to PAR. as far as the Title goes, in TX the cab is titled, not the frame, dont know how NV is however.

Best of luck!
There was a for sale ad for it but it is no longer listed.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #21
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

PM me details. I need usernames, aprox dates etc. Threads may appear to be deleted, but are still accessible by the staff.

If there is a legitimate issue, we need to know...
Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972SuperCheyenne View Post
I had major issues dealing with him in the past also. Hope you get it worked out. I hate a dishonest person.
could you please send details on your issue as well.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:30 AM   #23
weav1

I built this truck for myself with no intentions of selling it it is a very nice rolling chassis. This guy said he wanted the chassis i answered a thousand questions for this guy via email or by phone (hope he does post them) i did not lie about anything. Now as far as the body mounts when it was sand blasted the 2 on the driver side were to bad to leave like they were so he took them off and went ahead with the powdercoating and i bought some near perfect ones from a board member on here i painted them black and put them on with the intentions of taking the other 2 off and painting them black as well i dont think this is a big deal i was going to do that before is sent the truck to him but it wasnt even an hour after he told me the shippers would be calling me in 7-10 day to pick it they called and said they were coming that night i had to put them off till the next morning. The pits in the frame are there i did not tell him this frame was ready to go to sema it is a mid west truck what do you think its going to look like brand new everything is still solid after sand blasting and is powder coated so no more damage will happen i did this to my own truck that was for me and is is fine 99% of it will not even be able to be seen with the body on. The front horns were replaced at a body shop and they didnt grind the welds off and i may not have told him about that im not sure i did tell other people about it either from here or ebay i wasnt hiding it its just not a big deal atleast the frame was all straightened out again this cant be seen with the body on and again didnt say this frame was ready to go to sema. He didnt mention it on here but in an email he was pissed about the trailing arms that i had custom built at a race shop the turned out very nice and needed no shims with a 6" drop in the rear. We agreed on a price of 3k for this he sent the money orders and then told me he would send the other 500 the next week i was ok with this he hadnt arranged shipping yet so i thought it would still be in my garage well guess what he found somone to pick it up in like 3 days i should have known then when he said just ship it i dont need anything else just ship it so i did and it got there guess what no call to say i got it nothing no reply to email for about a week i think he thought the title was on the way he even sent me a pre paid ups code thing to send it with.when i finally call him all he want to talk about is the trailing arms and the pitted metal he had no intentions of paying the other 500 from the begining this was not a show piece and i never said it was a shop piece. I was going to deliver this for for the same amount that a shipper was going to charge until he found these people to do it for 700 dollars i couldnt do that so how do you think that would have went i lied about all this stuff and drove the lie 1800 miles and wanted to get paid for it that seems pretty ballsy. So now he has 2500 in this and is pissed wtf and you guys know how much time and money these things take the wheels and tires are almost that much. Well im late for work and so mad i cant see straight and anyone that had a bad dealing with me was over some brake brackets it sucked lost about 900 on that deal and learned a lesson on that but i did refund your money im sorry
Old 06-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #24
killer71

so did this get straightened out?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #25
weav1

no and its not going to he never planned on paying the rest it says on there he wanted to work something out has he call emailed or posted anything no its to late now i sold the body to make up the difference in what he owed me and i gave them the title and vin tag so im done with it
Closed Thread