The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #26
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: HeavyMetalChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
Randy, I hope you get this taken care of without any more frustration. It really sucks! I am just guessing, but an attorney might tell you to pay the bill and then go to small claims court. I don't know but I hope it doesn't damage your credit. Disputing a false reporting is fairly simple these days, if you want any tips let me know I had to clean some bogus stuff off our reports a couple of years ago and still monitor.

Mods, on another forum they are very generous about helping out members in need (shop fires, etc.) with auctions. I would be happy to start an auction thread to offset the cost for Randy if he gets stuck with this. I'll go home tonight and look for something worth offering up...if you all think that would be ok?
We have done this in the past as well. Let us know what happens so we can give ya'll a hand
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #27
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
We have done this in the past as well. Let us know what happens so we can give ya'll a hand
I'm in as well.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #28
1stchevy

Count me in also.
Posted via Mobile Device
1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #29
WIDESIDE72

I bought what was supposed to be 4 or 5 matched pairs of black center seat belts from Duane for $103 a few months ago. After getting 10 or 12 of the buckle ends only I contacted him and he said he'd send me one black and three other color male ends. I sent him $6 to cover shipping and have heard nothing back in over a month. At least it was only $6, but I'm kinds stuck with half sets of belts.
Posted via Mobile Device
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #30
VA72C10
VA72C10

Waiting for bucket seats and an alternator bracket. He thankfully got brackets to me which I needed b
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #31
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

THANKS to ALL of you for your thoughts and ideas. My wife called the State Attorney Generals office today, we are filing a claim against the shipping co and the collection agency, atleast I think that is what is going to happen, she is taking care of it all. I still need to call the Better Business Bureau, I'm not happy with the way Estes Express Lines, handled this whole deal, I gave them all his info and they went after my employer to get the bill paid through a Collection Agency, my emplyer had NOTHING to do with it, I just used there skid loader and address for pick up. I'm wondering if this is legal , to go after my employer? I hope it does not cost me my job, them getting phone calls and hassled by Estes then the collection agency.
I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL for your concern and wanting to help financially BUT I do not wish to take any of your hard earned money, I love this site and always will. I've been very lucky in all my years on here to have alot of great dealings with everyone and made ALOT of Special friendships with alot of you.
As for Duane, I've had alot of good dealings with him, this is my first bad deal.
If I made the mistake on the BOL, the trucker should of waited for me to go get it, the shipping co. agreed with me on that. Duane could of took care of this from the start when I was first contacted by Estes, he could of got with his third party shipper and resolved it but he never did, he quit dealing with them, now I wonder why. Duane could of contacted the Joann with Estes the 2nd time, I gave him her number but he never did. According to Estes Duane has never tried to resolve the problem, will not reply to email or phone calls. I've replied to Estes every time they called my work, still not sure why they didn't call me on my cell that was the contact number.
Ok sorry for rambling, Thanks to you ALL!! Randy
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"

Last edited by teeitup; 09-07-2012 at 07:51 PM.
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #32
67c10rustbuket

Well this smells something terrible Randy!!

I will definitely be in also for a small donation of $ and/or parts, if I have any for an auction. Hope it gets resolved but if this does not I am in to help. This is a serious poo poo platter, not cool Duane!

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #33
thelonerife

man This sucks. I remember seeing Duane offer up help to ship things for people when the seller clearly stated the items were for pick up only. Its just a hassle to ship big items and not worth it some times. He made it sound so easy and I was skeptical.

I hope this gets straightened out Randy.
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #34
bubba353z

Unfortunately for you folks, transport law allows a carrier to go after the consignee for unpaid freight charges. The carrier then can send it to collections, at the full tariff rate (no discounts applied). These collections parasites will not hesitate to call anyone and everyone that they think will lead you to pay (and get them their commission).

Even if you paid the freight to the shipper, if they don't pay the carrier you're still on the hook for it - then you have to after the shipper to get your $ back.

I had to deal with this at one of my company's third party warehouses. It wasn't fun - and until I could get the shipper to resolve the problem, the collection company hounded the warehouse relentlessly.

I feel for you guys.....
bubba353z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #35
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

And teeitup is one of those members, with a reputation of gold.
Duane needs to man up.
Period.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #36
HotRod C/10

Quote:
Duane needs to man up.
Period.
He won't, I see it all too often on the Diesel Performance forums I frequent.

-1976 SILVERADO
YUBA GOLD/NEUTRAL (2-TONE)
HotRod C/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #37
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I saw right through him and never trusted him. I couldn't believe how easily he won people over with his BS. He said what he had to say. I saw him lie over and over. Don't judge the whole membership by this one. If anything,don't accept a new member coming on here trying to be an overnight expert with open arms and throw money at him with no reservations. He wasn't even on here a year and he's gone. There are many of us on here with reputations of gold who sell you a part more to help you out than for money.
Very well said, we have had issue after issue with this seller. Every time we tried to tend to it, members jumped in about how wonderful he was, and how we should not be so hard on him etc. This is why we tend to remove folks for bad deals..
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #38
HotRod C/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSALRAM View Post
He won't, I see it all too often on the Diesel Performance forums I frequent.
Just a thought.....if members join together and can prove $1500.00 (combined) worth of parts not delivered, he just stepped in to FELONY charges territory.

-1976 SILVERADO
Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #39
HotRod C/10

Quote:
Very well said, we have had issue after issue with this seller. Every time we tried to tend to it, members jumped in about how wonderful he was, and how we should not be so hard on him etc. This is why we tend to remove folks for bad deals..
I never saw one post to warn potential buyers a bout it, but I also do not frequent the Review thread.

-1976 SILVERADO
Old 09-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #40
thelonerife

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-k View Post
i saw right through him and never trusted him. I couldn't believe how easily he won people over with his bs. He said what he had to say. I saw him lie over and over. Don't judge the whole membership by this one. If anything,don't accept a new member coming on here trying to be an overnight expert with open arms and throw money at him with no reservations. He wasn't even on here a year and he's gone. There are many of us on here with reputations of gold who sell you a part more to help you out than for money.
x2!!
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #41
MikeCofield

i tried to warn certain buyers about ole double edged sword himself with my tire kicker thread .........figured him out quickly its sad that people like him are affiliated with such a great board
MikeCofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #42
sjarrett71

I paid $15.00 for an alternator bracket on August 2nd. PM'd Duane a couple times and he stated his father was having problems. PM'd him a couple more times and no response. I sent an email to the address in his profile and no response. Opened up a Paypal dispute. It is only $15.00 but I needed that bracket.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #43
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCofield View Post
i tried to warn certain buyers about ole double edged sword himself with my tire kicker thread .........figured him out quickly its sad that people like him are affiliated with such a great board
I kind of thought that was were you were going in that thread, but I am not known here enough yet to have thrown my 2 cents in on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
specialtyretail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #44
chipflyer

This really sucks! Randy is a great guy that does it right and its a shame that someone pulled this crap. Man Randy, with the back problem, burn and now this I would say you get the "Crappy luck of the month award"
Hang in there buddy.

Jeff

1971 Cheyenne Super K10 - tilt, cruise, air, am/fm, tow hooks, factory buckets!
1986 Jeep J10 pickup, - 5.3L Vortec with 4L60e and NP241.
chipflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #45
j ripper

I made one deal with him. Went smooth,but with a lot of smooth talk also. I saw right through him. I told myself I would never buy from him again. sorry to hear what happened.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #46
ScottH

Randy, sorry to hear of ur situation, hope it gets resolved quickly.
You are definitely one of the best people to deal with and u have a tremendous impact on the quality of this board. I for one would be willing to help out any way I can.

Scott
2008 Corvette convertible
ScottH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #47
big mike71

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipflyer View Post
This really sucks! Randy is a great guy that does it right and its a shame that someone pulled this crap. Man Randy, with the back problem, burn and now this I would say you get the "Crappy luck of the month award"
Hang in there buddy.

Jeff
Come on Jeff, Randy's not that great . It's BS that someone who is dishonest can make you question your trust in other board members. Randy sent me a radio delete plate and trusted me to send him a check, I hate to see someone who is cool get burnt. No pun intended
Old 09-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #48
botmfedr1

Quote:
I am not defending Heavy Metal, but i have had a few dealings with him and all went without a hitch. I won't make up anything about anyone without having had the experience, good or bad. It's too bad you suffered a loss. I hope your issue with the shipping company gets resolved. Bad dealings happen everyday. I am part of the salt water reef forum, and same thing there....guy closed the shop and ran off with the clubs money...etc...etc..

On another note. I have shipped parts to members and they supposedly never got there. So i issued a refund. I just won't do business with them anymore.
botmfedr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #49
HotRod C/10

I always ship with a tracking # when using USPS........FedEx and UPS almost always never get my business.......

-1976 SILVERADO
Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #50
Flint70step

I hope I get my grille from him.I have sent all the money,just waiting now.Crossing my fingers

72 Custom Deluxe Burb(Arizona truck)Nice interior
Great patina

Project Patina Azul http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467668
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote