The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 AM   #1
tll74
"Junkyard Dog"

Thumbs down truckmanloco..problem getting refund

As per suggested by Liz...I hate it that I have to go to this review board for this but Travis (truckmanloco) has left me no choice. Travis seemed to be a pretty cool guy up till getting a refund from him. I bought his lower trim, Grill, and door panels in this thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551089 . I received the grill and door panels and was more than pleased. The trim was slow to arrive and did but only 8 of the 12 pieces. After paying for the trim he PMed me that " there are two pieces that have little macks about the size of a sharpie pen point I just wanted to let you know". He provided his phone number to discuss it and said that these blems are very minor and that this trim had at most 100 miles on since it was new. I was ok with the condition as he described. I got the 8 pieces and the condition was far from the truth with many more defects (I have pics) in each piece than stated. I contacted him with a PM that the trim (8 pieces of 12) was not acceptable. He offered a 30.00 adjustment or a refund. I declined the adjustment and excepted the refund offer. I shipped the trim back and he says's that UPS damaged it. At this point I called him to resolve this and he again offered to do a full refund due to the fact that the trim was worst condition that he represented it to be. This was on a Friday and he was going to be gone on vacation and would do the refund when he returned on the following Tuesday. That never happen. My wife filed a claim with UPS and it has been returned back to me again just the 8 pieces. I have given up on a full refund, now just want the 30.00 adjustment and the other 4 pieces. With multiple attempts through PM's and messages on his phone I can not get a response. It's black and white..I just want the 30.00 adjustment and the other 4 pieces of trim. If he had been honest of the true condition of the trim you wouldn't be reading this.

Facts: in order in the thread

also is the lower trim sold? 11/9/12

Door panels are perfect, arm rest are new. Ill post a picture when i get home.
And the lower trim is available 210 shipped to your door. 11/9/12

Forgot to ask condition of trim. Is it oem or aftermarket and new or used. Package deal with combined shipping? Thanks, Tom 11/9/12

Tom the trim is new its all still in excellent shape. 11/9/12

I'll take the trim but hold up on payment till we find out on the door panels. Thanks, Tom 11/9/12

Ok Tom its yours 11/9/12

PM's
I got the grill and door panels a while back and just this week I got 8 of 12 pieces of the trim. Very happy with the grill and panels. Not to happy with the trim I received. There are far more dings and defects in the trim than you mentioned and I only got eight pieces. I did not get the cab corners or the forward fender pieces. Now what?
Thanks, Tom

Hey Tom Sorry you are disappointed in the trim i sent two boxes of trim the other just yesterday. It took me a while to get everything straightened out after the craziness of that part out shoot me your paypal and ill send you back 30 dollar refund for the trim unless you dont want it period then just send it back and ill get you a refund. Thanks Travis

Travis, I'll package it back up and sent it back. I was ok with a couple issues overall but these have to many for me. Thanks, Tom

Ok no problem when i get it back ill get you your refund. Travis

Travis, I haven't recieved the second package yet. I has waiting for it to send it all back together being that you had all ready shipped the second package. I would really like to get this cleared up asap. Did you stop the delivery of the second package? Thanks, Tom

Hey Tom sorry i didnt get back to you sooner i cancelled the shipment on the other box. If you want go ahead and ship the rest of the trim back. Thanks Travis

Hi Travis, Thanks for letting me know. I'll get it shipped back tomorrow. Thanks, Tom

Ok cool Tom as soon as i get it ill get you your refund. Happy Holidays Brother be safe. Oh yeah you still interested in maybe selling those buddy buckets? Travis

Hi Travis, I'm going to ship the trim back today. My UPS driver tells me that things have settled down now and that it should safe to ship. Pretty bad when one of there drivers says hold off unless you have to. I just need you address. Thanks, Tom

Travis, I shipped the trim last week. You should get it any day. I rewraped all of it with shrink wrap to help insure that each piece does rub each other. Thanks, Tom

Hey Tom the package showed up a couple of days ago. And i hate to say it but one end of the box was almost folded in half. Please give me a call xxxxxxxx Thanks Travis

Hi Travis, It's been a week since you said you would do the refund. I would like to get this completed. Can you do the refund soon? Thanks, Tom

Tom im still waiting to see what ups says . I will let you know as soon as i find out something thanks Travis

Travis,
As per our phone conversation on the 17th I'll take the refund you said you would do. Please send to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thanks, Tom

Tom UPS picked upi the package yesterday they will let you know about the claim info. Thanks Travis

On 2/22/12 Travis, You obviously have no intent to contact me back on this trim deal to work out a compromise in a refund. I guess at this point it would be best for you to give me the rest of the trim and the 30.00 refund you offered. I would like to have my son come buy and pick up the trim and the refund. He lives about 10 minutes away from you. You rightfully owe this to me so please respond back so we can put a end to this deal. Tom

If I'm being unreasonable here please chim in and explain. I'm a very easy going guy and have never had a issue with a member till now since the beginning of my membership 5 years ago.
73 Chevelle SS 454 had since high school.
74 Camaro Z28 350 AT numbers matching, Black on Black.
73 El Camino SS 350 4sp.
70 Chevelle SS 396 4sp, number matching with LS6 454
69 Chevy C30 Car Hauler
86 K20 383 4sp 4" lift frame off restoration.
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=1b1082d3.pbw

Last edited by N2TRUX; 03-26-2013 at 10:03 AM.
tll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
truckmanloco
Account Suspended

Re: truckmanloco..problem getting refund

Heres what you didnt post is the fact that you have trim back at your house. This is after you had it picked up from my house, if the package would have arrived back to me undamaged i would have no problem refunding your money. You filed a claim for the package its back in your posession right now, im sorry if the claim didnt work out in your favor but im not going to give you a 30 dollar refund and you keep the trim as well. If you want to ship it back down here i have no problem sending you 30 dollars.
truckmanloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
tll74
"Junkyard Dog"

Travis, read it again I did post that I have the damaged trim. It's in the first paragraph. Did you not offer a 30.00 adjustment? Read the PM's. I think it would be best if you just sent me the other 4 pieces and the 30.00 price adjustment that you clearly offered. I'm not shipping this back to you, pay freight AGAIN and wait around for you to act. You won't respond back to PM's or return phone calls. The trim was clearly misrepresented and if you would have been honest, non of this would have ever happened. You offered a full refund after you got it back even damaged and then never did it. Then I had the wife look in to my options with UPS and that's when she filed the claim, I didn't realize they would pick it up. The claim was denied due to insufficient packaging. Come on Travis, it's very simple just honor the adjustment and send me the the other trim and were done. We both have better things to do than mess around with this deal. Tom
73 El Camino SS 350 4sp.
69 Chevy C30 Car Hauler

Last edited by tll74; 03-04-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
tll74
"Junkyard Dog"

Can someone tell me if I'm crazy or simply loosing my mind on this deal? I pay 210.00 for the trim...I get it and it is dinged up far worst than represented...I PM reguarding the condition and get offered a 30.00 refund to compensate for the condition...I choose to return it...it gets damaged...I get it back...I request the 30.00 refund and the rest of the trim and he says no 30.00 refund without getting the trim back?...I own the trim free clear, even the 4 pieces I've never recieved...it just doesn't make sense to me to return it for the 30.00 adjustment and not get any of the trim!!!!
73 El Camino SS 350 4sp.
69 Chevy C30 Car Hauler

Last edited by tll74; 03-05-2013 at 02:06 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 03-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
tll74
"Junkyard Dog"

ttt
73 El Camino SS 350 4sp.
69 Chevy C30 Car Hauler
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tll74 View Post
Can someone tell me if I'm crazy or simply loosing my mind on this deal?

Your not crazy nor loosing your mind, You unfortunately got ripped off plain and simple. Always request pictures before hand, If anything looks strange ask for close-ups of that area. No pics I don't buy, even from web stores.....
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
amashal

I'm going through a similar situation with Truckmanloco. Paid for full set of 67 trim on May 15th. Still missing front wheel well and cab corner trim. I've PM'd and emailed back and forth with Travis but can't seem to get the rest of what I paid for.
Posted via Mobile Device
amashal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #8
truckmanloco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by amashal View Post
I'm going through a similar situation with Truckmanloco. Paid for full set of 67 trim on May 15th. Still missing front wheel well and cab corner trim. I've PM'd and emailed back and forth with Travis but can't seem to get the rest of what I paid for.
Posted via Mobile Device
You contacted me almost 4 months after i sent the package saying you never inspected it and that there were some pieces were missing. I will issue you a refund just send the rest of the trim back how it was packaged before.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #9
truckmanloco
Account Suspended

Quote fom PM-Alex hey man there should have been two packages... I really wish you would have contacted me sooner. I will see what i can find out tomorrow to see if they say it was delivered or not. Travis

Please dont make it seem like this recently happened and I have been avoiding you or something. Like this has bben an ongoing issue since May 15th or something not my fault you didnt inspect the packages when they were delivered in May.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #10
tll74
"Junkyard Dog"

Hey Travis, How about my 30.00 refund you agreed to give me many months ago? If you remember correctly I asked for the rest of the trim (which you said you threw away) and the original 30.00 ajustment you offered in the beginning. We agreed that if you just sent me the 30.00 this would be over.
73 El Camino SS 350 4sp.
69 Chevy C30 Car Hauler
Old 08-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
truckmanloco
Account Suspended

Totally forgot about the 30 dollars whats your paypal again.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Wow Travis, you are making a lot of good friends on here. If I were you, I would wear a bag over my head. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Not only a friend of mine but 2 other people you have pissed off. Ironic?
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
tll74
"Junkyard Dog"

30.00 refund recieved. Thank You
73 El Camino SS 350 4sp.
69 Chevy C30 Car Hauler
Old 09-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #14
truckmanloco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
Wow Travis, you are making a lot of good friends on here. If I were you, I would wear a bag over my head. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Not only a friend of mine but 2 other people you have pissed off. Ironic?
Awww you have a friend good for you... now mind your own business.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #15
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckmanloco View Post
Awww you have a friend good for you... now mind your own business.
Not exactly necessary, but ok...

Have all the slow deals been taken care of at this point?
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #16
budnikguy

long time ago...but after multiple attempts to meet up to pick up drop spindles I paid $100 down on, I have yet to get the spindles a year later..sure would be nice to get the spindles and or $ back....lesson learned
budnikguy is offline   Reply With Quote