The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2022, 09:23 AM   #1
gsinon

New old guy

Good morning,

I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I'm a life long hot rodder. My earliest memories are of watching my dad drag race his E/MP 66 Chevelle at Ct Dragway when I was real little. He stopped racing when I was about 6 or so, but he continued to play with cool old cars up until he stopped driving a few years ago due to health issues. I was always the sidekick in the passenger seat and loved every minute of it. Honestly I feel like I could write a book, but suffice it to say I eat sleep and drink classics of all sorts.

I fell in love with the Chevrolet's AD pick up when I was about 12-13. I went to a car show with my dad and one of his friends had a chopped top black 49 with traditional flames and Cragar wheels. To me it was incredible. It wasn't until about a year and a half ago when the stars aligned and I finally got my very own AD pick up. In the coming days I will start a build thread so some of you can follow along.

In the mean time I will show you some of my handy work. First up is my 55 Chevy BelAir hardtop. I built this car with my dad when I was a senior in high school back in 1986-87. We finished installing the interior after the new paint at midnight the night before my senior prom in April 1987. It is a story all to itself as we sold the car in 1990. In 2008 I started looking for it and struck gold when in 2015 I found the exact same car still wearing the same paint and has the same interior down in Florida and was able to buy it back!

This 1987 R10 pick up I built during the winter of 2019/2020. It started as a typical New England truck with plenty of rust. I tore it down to the bare frame other than the cab and redid everything by myself paint included. This was a start to finish driver of a project done in 6 months.

A few years ago I spent far too much time in my garage building this 1972 Ford Maverick. What was supposed to be for my daughter and to be her first car, well lets just say I got so carried away she wouldn't sit in it or drive it. I had a blast with this car for a few years. But I was finally able to acquire the 51 Chevy I have now, so I sold this one to fund that project. This Maverick did well in its short life at our home, 3 magazine features, 9 ICSA awards in only 3 shows, and 5 Godguys awards in only 3 shows. More importantly it was a blast to drive and build. I did everything on this car except the interior, exhaust and transmission build.

And now, for the current project, my 1951 five window pick up! This is the day I got it home. As I said above, I am now a little over a year into its build so I will start a build thread and begin the process of catching everyone up to where I am now.

Last edited by gsinon; 01-16-2022 at 09:44 AM.
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:29 AM   #2
Getter-Done

Re: New old guy

Welcome to the greatest Forum on the Net.

I will be looking for your build thread.

That is one sharp 55
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:30 AM   #3
The Rocknrod

Welcome to the forum.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 01:40 PM   #4
LT7A

Wow, that 55 sits just right. I like seeing the other projects as well. I will be checking out your build thread. Welcome!
LT7A is online now   Reply With Quote