The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2022, 05:15 PM   #76
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Hey Tim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hey Richard! Looks like you Shore Birds are due for some snow that us Western Shore Whatevers* won't be seeing. Getting to be a bad habit with weather, ey? Snow up the coast that inland doesn't see, or just more than us.

* C'mon, you can tell me what (kind of hole) you call them. Might want to do that in a PM. You know, board decency and all . Just remember, the farther west you go the more like you all we get, regular people. The same type are invading us, too. The only shore I'm on is a meadow by a stream and my water finds the bay in the Potomac a long way from here
Yea I hear we are supposed to get somewhere between 0 & 65" in the next few days. Seems about right. I usually wait till I walk out the door to see what the weather is going to be, way more accurate than the local tv weather. I know what Gov. Schafer used to call this side but I will have him know that we have some real nice ones still around

Name:  **** house.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  19.1 KB

Insurance Adjuster showed up yesterday after lunch to look at the damages to the carport & both garages so once he left I broke the crane out and got it set back down on the ground. It is pretty Jacked up but not a total loss I guess. Hope to hear back from them in next couple days. He said he had about 50 claims he had to go see about over the next few days due to strong winds.

Name:  20220118_172157_resized.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  71.2 KB
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:17 PM   #77
LT7A

A ladder crane truck at home! Please stop showing me things that I haven't even thought to want yet. I could really use one of those.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:31 PM   #78
richard2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
A ladder crane truck at home! Please stop showing me things that I haven't even thought to want yet. I could really use one of those.
It is for sale. 80ft lifts max 4k lbs 5.9 cummings with 85k original miles
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:47 PM   #79
special-K
Special Order

Donald Shaeffer? The bachelor governor who still lived with his mother?

I don't know about inches, but it looks like you might get the snow and we will get a rain, then less snow. This weather reporting is as accurate as it can be... all things considered. Maryland, the land of many variables. Not just weather. America in miniature (except vast plains)
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/partl...-week/38807770

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-20-2022 at 06:00 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #80
richard2717

Barely got a dusting yesterday & last night. nothing on the roads other than a little ice. Calling for at least that much again this evening.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:14 AM   #81
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

It's been nice here. Cold but nice. I'm hoping that the weather stays clear since I have to drive to LA on the 24th. I'm not looking forward to it.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:20 PM   #82
special-K
Special Order

Hey Richard! I hope you are right. But aren't you about due for a nice 12" dusting?

Hey Paul! I hope at least the weather's good for that drive into L A. You know if it snows you might have the road to yourself, though

I tell you what, it was darn nippy out today. I got new blades for my table saw and miter box, also swapped bits in a router. Had to do that with gloves off. Not so bad at first but the cold started nipping on my fingertips. Had to run back in about half way through each blade/bit swap. The fire in the stove is feeling good. I was going to grille blackened tuna out... there. My buddy George Foreman took care of the grilling instead, right in the kitchen!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-21-2022, 10:14 PM   #83
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Hey Paul! I hope at least the weather's good for that drive into L A. You know if it snows you might have the road to yourself, though

!
I'm not looking forward to it. It's a lousy drive and I have to meet my brother at my moms house to discuss my mom's estate and my older brother's estate. This is going to be no vacation. My brother lives in my mom's house and she left it to me and my older brother and cut this brother out. He must have really pizzed her off. My older brother passed away a month later. Now it's just me. It's a mess. I booked a room next to a pizza place that I know with a bar and plan on destroying some brain cells and my liver. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

Everyone is hating on me now. And I didn't do anything. I didn't write the GD wills. I never expected anything.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:01 AM   #84
LT7A

Dude, that sounds like no fun. Any chance of you guys finding some common ground? I mean, he's gotten a copy of the will, right? So it shouldn't be new news. Whatever the case, that sounds rough. Make sure you're driving something fun when you head out for LA.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:26 AM   #85
special-K
Special Order

Sounds like pure unavoidable dread. Who is everyone? Everyone in his camp? Wife/girlfriend? Only your brother is involved, the peanut gallery is mere vapor here. Just remember that.

Hey Leon! Did you send this crisp cold air over my way?

Tim

Old 01-22-2022, 02:06 PM   #86
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Sounds like pure unavoidable dread. Who is everyone? Everyone in his camp? Wife/girlfriend? Only your brother is involved, the peanut gallery is mere vapor here. Just remember that.

Yes I did. We had 12ş below the other night with 25mph wind. I think the wind chill was 30ş below. Going to get up to 34ş here today. I'm headed out to see if I can get the skid loader started to clear a path to the LP tank for the delivery guy.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:39 PM   #87
special-K
Special Order

Everything gets harder when it gets so cold. Not a bad day here. 9* this morning. That's not so great, but the house is tight and the woodstove toasty. Got out to do a job (mostly inside) late this morning and the homeowner called to say a last minute family luncheon popped up and she was the hostess. I was about half way there, about to go into Lowe's. I got the piece of oak I needed and went home. I carried out the project involving the oak, which meant a good bit of outside time. Beautiful clear blue sky and it got into the mid-upper 20s, no wind. That's what I'm saying was actually nice. Cold w/o a cap or gloves, but I did what I had to do w/o gloves and got them right back on, usually stinging a bit by then.

Tim

Old 01-22-2022, 10:47 PM   #88
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:

Oh there's a peanut gallery but I have all the power. They're just annoying. I won't rant on about them. But I sure could. That would be a long post.

It was super windy here last night. Like I've never seen before. It knocked the power out for 16 hours and that killed my pump on my well, so I had no power or water. I have a generator but didn't bother to dig it out of the shed. It's buried in there and it was pitch dark outside and cold. I figured that they would have me up and running by the time I dug it out and went an got gas and all that. Not my best idea but they usually are pretty fast and the lights went out at 7:30 pm. Everything is pretty much closed around here by then. So I waited...And waited... and waited.

I learned valuable lesson. I have to be more prepared. I have to get my generator ready to rock and roll at a moments notice and keep more gas around. A buried generator and no gas in the dark is really not much help. And I need more extension cords. I only have one here. That doesn't cut it. I've got plenty at my other place and that generator is propane. I'm good to go there but I wasn't there. I've got to set this place up better than I have. Lesson learned.

One funny thing was when the crew showed up that crazy Lab from down the road ran over with his ball. If you throw his ball he will not leave you alone. They found out. They threw it once and he was back in 2 seconds wanting them to throw it again. That dog never quits. He just loves chasing that ball. They must have thrown it 20 times because he will drop it at your feet and bark until you throw it. He's a funny dog but If i see him coming with his ball I go inside.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:46 AM   #89
special-K
Special Order

Hey Leon! Been cold out your way? Looks we'll be seeing some of that Alberta air beginning tonight, single digit cold. We've had a warm up the past couple days, into the mid-40s which is normal. I guess I can keep the ice cream out side tonight. Might get a snow Friday/Saturday. Coastal moisture drifting up the coast mixing with the cold NW air. Hey Richard! It's looking more like one for you than us, if it doesn't end up out over the water and hit new England. Let's hope!

Tim

Old 01-25-2022, 12:34 PM   #90
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Hey Leon! Been cold out your way? Looks we'll be seeing some of that Alberta air beginning tonight, single digit cold. We've had a warm up the past couple days, into the mid-40s which is normal. I guess I can keep the ice cream out side tonight. Might get a snow Friday/Saturday. Coastal moisture drifting up the coast mixing with the cold NW air. Hey Richard! It's looking more like one for you than us, if it doesn't end up out over the water and hit new England. Let's hope!

Yes it was, and we are getting it again right now. Temperature is -4ş right now with a 9mph wind. That makes the wind chill -21ş. It is supposed to be worse in the morning with wind chills -30 to -40. We are suppose to get a break after that. I can't imagine what Eric's would be in Northern Minnesota....

I just watched the Weatherman Plus on Youtube and he says you guys are supposed to have a Cyclone Bomb next weekend. That doesn't sound too good from what he shows. Includes a little bit of everything....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 01-25-2022 at 02:07 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:28 PM   #91
special-K
Special Order

That is some serious cold. Hop a plane and come down here to our balmy teens and single digits. Up home in the mountains will be dipping into the negative rangeI wonder how far Eric is from International Falls. That's the place they always tell us about when the extremes hit. That's how he got to have too much stuff. He shuts the business down and flees for milder weather and junk yards

Never heard that term, Cyclone Bomb. But I can see how they came up with it. We just call them Nor'easters. Arctic blast, which our weather people call the "Alberta Clipper", mixes with a moist low that comes up the coast or up the Appalachian Valley from the gulf of Mexico. The low stalls the cold high right over us with things spinning counter-clockwise (where the Nor-easter term came from. Same spin as a hurricane and on the eastern upward stroke it picks up moisture off the ocean then dumps snow on us (heavy rain in warmer months) on the western downward stroke.

I feel like I've gotten a better understanding of how our weather works, after all these years. Not that it changes anything. Like ole Dave Arterburn used to say, "We're gettin' it weather we want it or not".

Tim

Old 01-25-2022, 04:23 PM   #92
richard2717

I hope they are as accurate as last weeks forecast. over the 3 day period we were supposed to get roughly 6" of snow and I barely got 1.5" total. If we are not going to get at least 6" I don't want any. Plow don't make no money sitting in the yard for sure. I hope we don't get any high winds again, carport still not tied down from last round. Was hoping to hear back from insurance by now so I know whether I have to patch it up and reuse it or order a new one.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:08 PM   #93
richard2717

Hey Tim you may be right. Look at this model that was just posted on local weather. They are saying probably 8" but could be as much as 25" for Salisbury.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2022, 12:03 PM   #94
richard2717

Some freaky forecasts lol

Attached Images

Old 01-26-2022, 12:47 PM   #95
special-K
Special Order

Definitely not a well digger's ass

Tim

Old 01-26-2022, 11:54 PM   #96
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I was in LA the last couple of days. Beautiful weather. Nice and warm. I was dressed for cold weather and everyone else was in T shirts.

I stayed in probably the worst motel ever. It looked good on the internet. It wasn't. When Tom Bodett says He'll leave the light on for you I think he means the security light. But nothing was stolen and it was close to a bunch of really good places to eat. I ate like a pig.

All in all we didn't have a bad time. It was nice seeing the old neighborhood. But I accomplished nothing. Total waste of time and gas. I wanted to settle things fairly. But you can't pick your relatives. No dice.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-27-2022, 12:04 AM   #97
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
Hey Tim you may be right. Look at this model that was just posted on local weather. They are saying probably 8" but could be as much as 25" for Salisbury.
That’s especially weird. Seems the Weather patterns that way have gotten increasingly strange over the last several years. When I was a kid the storms always came from the south west-ish and west of DC always got more snow with the eastern shore rarely getting much of anything. It’s so weird to see the concentration of snow being exactly opposite. But it seems I’ve several like this over the last few years. Dad won’t be *****ing about not getting much that’s for sure.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:25 AM   #98
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I was in LA the last couple of days. Beautiful weather. Nice and warm. I was dressed for cold weather and everyone else was in T shirts.

I stayed in probably the worst motel ever. It looked good on the internet. It wasn't. When Tom Bodett says He'll leave the light on for you I think he means the security light. But nothing was stolen and it was close to a bunch of really good places to eat. I ate like a pig.

All in all we didn't have a bad time. It was nice seeing the old neighborhood. But I accomplished nothing. Total waste of time and gas. I wanted to settle things fairly. But you can't pick your relatives. No dice.
Good weather/good food/nothing resolved... well two out of three ain't bad. Just kidding man, that stuff is really tough. I was at a family medicine office for work, and they had kids' books mixed in with all of the magazines, etc. There was one called F is for Family. Cracked me up and I wanted to take a picture of it but felt too obvious, especially since I was there for work.

Last edited by LT7A; 01-29-2022 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:29 AM   #99
LT7A

Quote:
Some freaky forecasts lol

Wow, that satellite, color-coded imagery certainly is intriguing. Ought to help all of us keep abreast of the impacts of the weather fronts...
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2022, 06:41 AM   #100
LT7A

Quote:
It is for sale. 80ft lifts max 4k lbs 5.9 cummings with 85k original miles
What's the capacity at maximum reach? And what is the maximum reach? Wait a minute, don't answer that, it's better if I don't know, haha. Currently, the access to behind the house storage is blocked. Would love to crane a few things over the casa. But having purchased a truck to do it would only add to the congestion up front... I'd rent it from you, but the travel cost and time probably wouldn't make that pencil out too well.