The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2022, 04:16 PM   #26
davischevy

Re: NASCAR: Next GEN Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
My experience is at Texas Motor Speedway. This was probably 5 or 6 years ago. We loaded up a couple coolers w/food and beer then brought them inside into the stands.

-klb
Did you get registered for C10's in The Park? My internet was down and I missed out.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:19 PM   #27
Dead Parrot

In its current format, not really stock car racing anymore, just a bunch of drivers in special made cars.

Maybe bring back the IROC format except everyone runs Fords Mustangs for the first 4 races, then everyone switches to Chevy Camaros for the next 4. Work the way through the rest of the manufacturers. At least it would be a lot closer to an actual stock car race.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:37 PM   #28
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i got sick of Nascar when they got hung up so to speak on the crap with bubba wallace and political correctness

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:48 PM   #29
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Did you get registered for C10's in The Park? My internet was down and I missed out.
LoL!

It wouldn't have mattered. They sold out in under 10mins. It was just like last year. They need to limit registrations to single transactions. One transaction = 1 registration. But when they allow you to get up to 4 registrations per transaction it becomes super limited.

I lost out in 2019 because the registration process started @ midnight. I wasn't sitting around waiting @ 11:59pm to register. First thing the next morning I got online to register & SOLD-OUT. Then I learned they actually over-sold because of glitches w/the program counting the registration accumulations. I spoke w/more than one guy over the year that was upset because they wound up not getting an entry after thinking they did.

They did it last year during the day & I was ready. Online as soon as the time started. Had issues getting the sale to go through (slow NET?).
Boom . . ... SOLD-OUT within 15mins.

I love the show but I'm done trying to get in. It's clearly outgrown it's origin as far as participant/registered vehicle room but the location is one of the things that makes it a cool show.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:03 PM   #30
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Haha...Bob said what I was wanting to the other day..
I'm all for making it safe for the drivers..no issue there..
It's all the other bs and rules and changes and more changes ,that got to me..
Whiny drivers, cookiecutter cars, race staged, etc etc
If I remember right, Talladega will let you in with a small soft side cooler, but I think no alchohol

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:17 PM   #31
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
i got sick of Nascar when they got hung up so to speak on the crap with bubba wallace and political correctness
When NASCAR got woke, I got gone.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:40 PM   #32
SCOTI

In all honesty, I only posted the thread because of the suspension changes. They've been using the old school GM car/truck front geometry locations + T/A rear layout related to the vintage C10's forever (defined as 'a long time').

The 'Next Gen' car is truly evolved & significantly different vs when they introduced the 'Car of Tomorrow' platform.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 01-20-2022, 08:00 PM   #33
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
I nearly walked away then. I typed up a response the other day about this but deleted it. I WOULD have gotten in trouble here because of it. I decided that summer in ‘20 that was their last strike. Any more of the BS to that level and I was going to be done, I still stand by that. I can certainly appreciate guys walking away from it then. I enjoy the on track stuff quite a bit but it is really hard and getting harder to ignore the bull. I haven’t watched an NFL game on tv since 2013 for the same exact reason. After ‘23 when Harvick retires I may take a break. I don’t really like a lot of the new drivers coming up. They have Talent but and all but they are a lot different than the drivers used to be. Especially if there’s any more crap between now and then. The funny thing is I actually didn’t mind bubba before all that stuff went down. Can’t stand him now. Nascar never should have jumped the gun on that whole noose deal. When BLM was on his car those couple races I refused to watch those weeks. I don’t think that the ratings fared as well as they thought they might.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:41 PM   #34
weq92f

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Nope. Missed out again likely for the same reasons SCOTI mentioned.

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:26 AM   #35
LT7A

Seems like a little explanation would be helpful here. I wouldn't say I watched NASCAR religiously, but I did watch it every Sunday, haha. I stopped watching it about the time the older drivers were leaving - probably right about when Dale Jarrett handed 88 off to Dale Jr. But maybe some of you guys can explain what you are talking about that happened after all of that. Because when you talk about leaving after a black driver joined the field and and saying that NASCAR got PC or whatever - it could give a guy the wrong idea... Like I said, I'm out of the loop and it would be helpful to understand what's being referenced.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:47 AM   #36
Boog
laying low

That would be venturing off the og thread topic just a bit and would likely get locked anyway.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:41 PM   #37
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
That would be venturing off the og thread topic just a bit and would likely get locked anyway.
x2.
The topic was the suspension & actual car changes.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 01-22-2022, 05:06 PM   #38
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Kinda like the kids game "pass the message"...
I can hear Liz breathing hard in the background..
Back to the cars..the independent suspension may be a good move,as rough as some tracks are
No problem with them making the cars safer for the drivers
Another thing that turned me off was you have 3or4 no budget teams that dominate most all the races
The small teams usually dont stand a chance
The last race I went to ,1 driver led flag 2 flag..very little passing in the pack..so boring...
I watched on TV from then on, but bit by bit they lost me with all the rule changes..
Like other Larry said, I felt like Nascar left me instead of me leaving them

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:07 PM   #39
Getter-Done

In 2007 is when it started going Downhill Quick.

Here is an article with a few pictures of the good old days

Link: https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news...why-they-left/
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:58 PM   #40
Boog
laying low

For us senior type guys you can watch a lot of older races on you tube channels. That’ll take you back to how we liked it.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:43 PM   #41
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

I was a big fan way back in the day, like when Sr. was a rookie. It wasn't very easy to see on TV back then though, Daytona or Talledega and probably only highlights, not the whole thing. If it was the whole race, it would be a week delayed.
Real cars, innovation, and experimentation were still the thing. I started losing interest with the changes that allowed for "converting" front wheel drive cars (Taurus,etc) and allowing big V8 engines in cars that never had them. (Camry)
Then came the stupid tire slashing splitter on the "car of tomorrow" and the very IROC-like push to make all of the bodies identical.
Can't even imagine the old-school dudes putting up with that template nonsense that everything had to fit. The cars were different and they made their choices based upon what advantage they thought they could gain because of those differences.
Of course some of those innovations got shot-down by the rules. The wing on the Daytona Charger or Super-bird come to mind, but they got to try it for a while.
I used to be part of a group that had 2 (side by side) infield camping spaces at the Michigan track (MIS) but I gave it up in '06. The stages, the "play-offs", identical cars, etc......not Stock Car racing IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:19 PM   #42
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
The venturing already happened. I figured there had to be more to it because it certainly didn't look right the way it was brought up - without explanation, it appeared to go well beyond PC or wokeness. Raising something that volatile without detail or explanation stands a chance of alienating other truck enthusiasts which obviously goes against the purpose of the forum. I'm glad that the thread has moved back toward the original topic. I'm doing my best to give the benefit of the doubt here. But to the original commenter: I've waited a couple of days to hear more clearly what you were trying to say and get some details. If you want to bring up something that is potentially this controversial, please do it responsibly by giving us the background on what you're trying to say. If giving details would be unacceptable content here, why raise the topic here?

Last edited by LT7A; 01-25-2022 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:35 AM   #43
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Google is your friend, you decide for yourself. The events and such surrounding that whole deal is likely to get this thread locked if they get “expounded” on much here. For the record I don’t care what color peoples’ skin is. I’m white, my wife is 100% Native American and my kids are somewhere in between. I would love to say more but for political reasons I will not.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:25 AM   #44
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Google is your friend, you decide for yourself. The events and such surrounding that whole deal is likely to get this thread locked if they get “expounded” on much here. For the record I don’t care what color peoples’ skin is. I’m white, my wife is 100% Native American and my kids are somewhere in between. I would love to say more but for political reasons I will not.
Thanks, that kind of makes the point. If something is an unacceptable topic, why even hint at it here? Even without going into detail it's a topic that will alienate, and what purpose does that serve? I have to imagine there are plenty of other places to talk about things like that if it's important to someone to let their feelings be known.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:05 PM   #45
Boog
laying low

So here is the 1 lug nut they’ll be using.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2022, 06:13 PM   #46
SCOTI

Interesting. Curious on what hub they're utilizing?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 01-26-2022, 10:25 PM   #47
cwcarpenter98

It almost looks like the outer band of a UFO

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 08:19 PM   #48
cwcarpenter98

So the Clash at the LA Coliseum is half way over, and already there's been some good racing. I watched one of the heats leading up to the main event, and at the end, there was lots of bumping and spinning. Looks like a lot of fun

3 cars have already had issues. Hamlin's car threw a power steering belt and took out a hose. Two other cars broke something in the transaxle.

The engines have a different note to them, but still sound good in my opinion.

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 08:43 PM   #49
57taskforce
All about them K’s

The final last chance race before the main was a blast to watch. 34 to go in the main right now under caution. DW always said cautions breed cautions. I’ve enjoyed the car and the racing thus far.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:19 PM   #50
Boog
laying low

Well that was a show alright. 1/4 mile made for lots of action. The engines are the same as last years but they now have split exhausts again. One pipe out each side. Early reports said this car is way louder than last year's version with both pipes exiting on the right side.
It's crazy that Nascar spent over $1M to build the track for this one event and it will be torn up in the next 2 weeks.
On to Daytona!