The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-13-2022, 01:11 AM   #51
Warrens69GMC

Re: Well I did it now

Good for you. There is another place around the block that will take you money.
Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:04 AM   #52
mongocanfly
Post Whore

oh wow...she was condemning it , and had never laid eyes on it...oh wow
going off what prospective buyer's "said"...oh wow
id sent her packing

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:32 AM   #53
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

At least she wasn't who you thought she was and at least she was willing to listen to your reasoning. Most of those HOA Presidents won't even talk to you. Un real.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:36 AM   #54
Boog
laying low

She sounds an awful lot like the woman in a video I have seen of a guy dealing with a nosey neighbor. She made formal complaint about the color of the guy's truck! Numerous complaints. On the guy's outside security camera, she is shown walking by his house then stopping and taking pics of his truck. And get this, she lives 2 blocks away! And the guy's truck is one solid color, orange, irc.
What a head case. They are everywhere.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:51 AM   #55
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

You can't have your truck clash with the house colors....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:13 PM   #56
'63GENIII

Make friends with the guys who check out the shed. See if they can throw in a coat of paint and some amenities into the shed since you've got her on the ropes now anyway.

😆 some people.

Sure glad it wasn't the ex GF though! Damn. I'm relieved about that and it's not even my deal!

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:18 PM   #57
LT7A

Prospective buyers!?! That actually hurts a part of my brain that I would like to have remain intact. I would have been hard-pressed not to simply say to her that I was going to hang up now, not rudely, but that there is absolutely nothing she could say to me that I would consider to be relevant if she thinks prospective buyers should have input on what I do if I buy the house. That's like walking into a dealership and having the dealer refuse to sell you a car unless you promise to repaint it, because the last customer didn't like the color and left. Asinine.

Good work on being willing to walk away.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:23 PM   #58
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
She sounds an awful lot like the woman in a video I have seen of a guy dealing with a nosey neighbor. She made formal complaint about the color of the guy's truck! Numerous complaints. On the guy's outside security camera, she is shown walking by his house then stopping and taking pics of his truck. And get this, she lives 2 blocks away! And the guy's truck is one solid color, orange, irc.
What a head case. They are everywhere.
There's a town in England where a street runs along the waterfront and many people view the ocean over the line of cars that park legally in the public spaces along the street. A guy with a yellow vehicle moved into the area and some long-time resident made a huge deal out of trying to prevent him from parking his car there. Now there is a yearly pilgrimage to the town of people with yellow cars. For that day, the town is flooded with them.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:11 PM   #59
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

The shed stays!!!!

They just told me that there was no need to remove it.

I actually won one for a change.

The best part is that I don't think that they will hassle me too much in the future.

And I'm still going to paint the shed camo. There's a good story behind it.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:35 PM   #60
Boog
laying low

Well congrats buddy.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:35 AM   #61
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I worried about the HOA when I first moved here, but I was assured that it was no issue. When I bought this house, it had the worst front yard on the block. Nothing but weeds, but there was a deevorce in the works, so lots of animus. I put in a nice lawn so that I didn't look like the worst. Someone else has that "honor" now. The HOA doesn't hassle anyone, these days. Talking to some of the long-time inhabitants, the HOA used to fine people for not having nice landscaping. That's nazi territory, to me. While I like to live in a nice neighborhood, if someone wants something a little out of the ordinary, I don't care. As long as it doesn't spill over into my yard.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:01 AM   #62
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I worried about the HOA when I first moved here, but I was assured that it was no issue. When I bought this house, it had the worst front yard on the block. Nothing but weeds, but there was a deevorce in the works, so lots of animus. I put in a nice lawn so that I didn't look like the worst. Someone else has that "honor" now. The HOA doesn't hassle anyone, these days. Talking to some of the long-time inhabitants, the HOA used to fine people for not having nice landscaping. That's nazi territory, to me. While I like to live in a nice neighborhood, if someone wants something a little out of the ordinary, I don't care. As long as it doesn't spill over into my yard.
Maybe it's just me but I like to see the unusual. I never went for the cookie cutter look. I feel that doing something creative or different is not the same as letting your place go to hell or pile up with trash.

I have plans for this place and they might run a little on the "different' side. I've always colored a little outside the lines. I won't do anything crazy. Just give the place some personality. It's kind of bland right now. Hopefully no one will get their panties in a bunch.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:56 AM   #63
special-K
Special Order

Maybe not always, John

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:48 AM   #64
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

There was a man here local that lived on his farm all his life. He also had a logging company to supplement his farming operation. This meant he had logging truck, all kinds of equipment and storage trailers all over his property (right around a hundred acres) A local developer bought the land across the road from him and built a mcmansion development across the street. Since he felt Bill's property was an eyesore, he had his lawyers stop by and serve Bill with papers to clean the property up or he would see him in court since it was zoned agricultural. The lawyer told Bill that they would fight any attempt to have his property rezoned commercial and they wanted the trucking operation out and cleaned up. Bill took the paperwork from them without a word. He had a local sign shop make a sign to put out at the road "local pig farm coming soon" . When the lawyers asked what was going on he told them one way or another he had to have the supplimental income to support the farm so it was either the trucking company that they felt was an eyesore and not allowed by zoning, or he was bringing in hogs that was legal and was putting the pens right out at the road across from the development entrance since that was the only spot not used up for farming. That was 40 plus years ago and they never did say anything else to him about the logging. Everything stayed exactly as it was up until his passing about 8 years ago when the grandson sold the farm.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:50 PM   #65
special-K
Special Order

Hey Paul, you won the battle but you haven't won the war. If something like this could happen based on such flimsy grounds, wait till they actually have something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
There was a man here local that lived on his farm all his life. He also had a logging company to supplement his farming operation. This meant he had logging truck, all kinds of equipment and storage trailers all over his property (right around a hundred acres) A local developer bought the land across the road from him and built a mcmansion development across the street. Since he felt Bill's property was an eyesore, he had his lawyers stop by and serve Bill with papers to clean the property up or he would see him in court since it was zoned agricultural. The lawyer told Bill that they would fight any attempt to have his property rezoned commercial and they wanted the trucking operation out and cleaned up. Bill took the paperwork from them without a word. He had a local sign shop make a sign to put out at the road "local pig farm coming soon" . When the lawyers asked what was going on he told them one way or another he had to have the supplimental income to support the farm so it was either the trucking company that they felt was an eyesore and not allowed by zoning, or he was bringing in hogs that was legal and was putting the pens right out at the road across from the development entrance since that was the only spot not used up for farming. That was 40 plus years ago and they never did say anything else to him about the logging. Everything stayed exactly as it was up until his passing about 8 years ago when the grandson sold the farm.
I despise that transplant McMansion mentality. No thought what so ever about the fact that they storm in on an existing culture with their not in my backyard mentality while what they are doing is bringing their sh!+ with them from where they wanted to get away from. I don't know how they can take a dump with their heads stuck up there. ARGH!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-14-2022, 08:05 PM   #66
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

I agree, Tim. A similar situation (to me, anyway) is a new subdivision built next to a long-established racetrack. It's just a matter of time before the noise complaints force the track to close.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:23 PM   #67
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
I agree, Tim. A similar situation (to me, anyway) is a new subdivision built next to a long-established racetrack. It's just a matter of time before the noise complaints force the track to close.
That reminds me of the people that moved next to LAX. Then complained about the noise from the jets.

Excuse me but the airport was there first. It was there when they bought their houses. I guess it just boils down to the fact that you can't get away from whiners.

If you don't want to hear trains then don't move next to the railroad tracks. If you don't want to get *****ed at then don't get married. it's simple.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:55 AM   #68
Axle

So how many pages does your new HOA's covenant have? To win that war you got to know where the line is and creatively comply while not complying.
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:16 AM   #69
Boog
laying low

Really being there 1st just doesn't mean anything. In the name of progress!
Just one example.
Here in Arkansas there was a hog farm that was 2nd or 3rd generation family. The acreage across the road was developed and as people began to move in the complaints started about the awful smell and view. The hog farmer fought them for a lot of years, spent lots on lawyers, then finally gave in and sold out. As I remember, the grounds of their suit was a "health issue" for the residents. There is absolutely no way anyone who looked at buying in that development could not see or smell that hog farm long before they bought there. So I believe if you buy in knowing the offensive aspect of an area, that's all on you, live with it.
I don't know about county zoning but those matters are normally decided by stuffed shirts in court houses, not small land owners.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:22 AM   #70
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Really being there 1st just doesn't mean anything. In the name of progress!
Just one example.
Here in Arkansas there was a hog farm that was 2nd or 3rd generation family. The acreage across the road was developed and as people began to move in the complaints started about the awful smell and view. The hog farmer fought them for a lot of years, spent lots on lawyers, then finally gave in and sold out. As I remember, the grounds of their suit was a "health issue" for the residents. There is absolutely no way anyone who looked at buying in that development could not see or smell that hog farm long before they bought there. So I believe if you buy in knowing the offensive aspect of an area, that's all on you, live with it.
I don't know about county zoning but those matters are normally decided by stuffed shirts in court houses, not small land owners.
Glad the county I am in passed a law years back that protects the farming operations. it was dubbed "the right to farm" and basically you can't sue the farms for anything that is legal to be grown or raised. As long as it is a legal commodity they have 1st rights.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:38 AM   #71
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
Glad the county I am in passed a law years back that protects the farming operations. it was dubbed "the right to farm" and basically you can't sue the farms for anything that is legal to be grown or raised. As long as it is a legal commodity they have 1st rights.
We have the same here .

My uncle went through a similar situation Paul. He wanted to stucco a building that was behind his garage two apartments and a commercial area first floor . But since it was a historical building the village inspector got involved during the permit phase . They put so many restrictions on color and type of stucco that he stopped the process . He then asked about painting it no permit and no restrictions . So he painted it a hot pink and blue guess what his permit came to stucco with no restrictions . They also then tried to have him remove the Studebaker neon on the side of his building as it was non conforming . The zoning restriction was adopted 20 years after Studebaker folded . Sign was in place and lit every night untill his kids sold the property .

My cousin has the sign in his garage at home .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #72
BRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I bought a little vacation house...

It has a little garden shed in the backyard and they told me that I had to remove it. That it was old and didn't meet standards.

Eh....No... It's a shed... It's in the backyard...

What is wrong with these people? I understand standards but this is just ridiculous. Is their life so...
Well I can somewhat relate...

Wanted to insure my tiny little house (...um,shed), through a reputable insurance company, ya know, just in case a huge pine tree falls over and demolishes the living blank out of it or something.

Um, it has to be up to code.

Who's code? Pirates Of The Caribbean?

I understand really, but I'm not out to destroy myself.

Been staying around this place for many years now, and I'm rather cautious with my life.

Now, I'm looking for a Insurance Co. that deals honorably with insuring sheds and such things.

BRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:03 PM   #73
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRL View Post
Well I can somewhat relate...

Wanted to insure my tiny little house (...um,shed), through a reputable insurance company, ya know, just in case a huge pine tree falls over and demolishes the living blank out of it or something.

Um, it has to be up to code.

Who's code? Pirates Of The Caribbean?

I understand really, but I'm not out to destroy myself.

Been staying around this place for many years now, and I'm rather cautious with my life.

Now, I'm looking for a Insurance Co. that deals honorably with insuring sheds and such things.
Insurance companies.

My wife reminded me of something that I had totally forgotten.
I built a nice shed at my house in So. Cal. Then I moved and rented the place out.
I had to change the homeowners insurance to a rental.

Well. The insurance company didn't take well to that. They sent a guy to "inspect' the property. Whatever I won't say what he was, but it rhymes with Bass pole.

The shed was under a BIG tree. He said that I had to move it or cut down the tree.
It's on a concrete slab. I can't move it and I'm not cutting down the tree.
He said that a limb could fall on the shed.
I told him that I would sign a disclaimer stating that I would assume all responsibility and would not file a claim on the shed ever. Not good enough.

So I called my other insurance agent. No problem. And they were cheaper. 5 years later and that shed is still fine. So is the tree.

I seem to have bad luck with sheds. God help me when I build my barn.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Last edited by FleetsidePaul; 01-15-2022 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 07:16 PM   #74
Accelo

Never purchase into a HOA without reading the regulations front to back, twice.
They have a lot of power and it's tough to get around them.
They regulate everything from what can be parked in front and for how long to the house color.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:00 PM   #75
special-K
Special Order

The original insurance co I had here, about a month before renewal, sent me a letter saying they could not insure me due to debris on my little barn roof. I guess they meant the moss growing on the cedar shake, which I thought gave it character. It didn't leak or anything. It made me angry and I was going to call and ask why give such short notice and no option to remedy the problem. I could have put a new roof on it. All this affected my primary residence and all it's contents over a shed out back. Before calling it hit me, they can go screw themselves. In fact, they just did. They aren't the only insurance co and I just called another who wrote me a policy right up. That was 20 years ago, that roof is still on there, and that company is still taking my money. I couldn't see twisting the other company's arm to take my money.

Tim