The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2021, 09:14 PM   #1
Bullzak_83

Mirrors

70 cst 10 Mirrors

Back in the day, my ole truck did not have mirrors. Well now that my son is going to be the newest driver, that needs to change.
Does anyone happen to have a location of where the mirrors might go, I can see where there was bondo put in the door where the original mirrors were, but Im going back with the sport mirrors and it seems like the location just seems to be set back pretty far on the door.
Does anyone happen to have a pic of your truck with these type of mirrors installed.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Bullzak_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:32 PM   #2
Orange71shorty

Re: Mirrors

Pretty sure those are 71/72 mirrors not original to 69/70
Orange71shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:44 PM   #3
Bullzak_83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange71shorty View Post
Pretty sure those are 71/72 mirrors not original to 69/70
Can't argue with you, cause I'm not for sure what was on the truck. I did ask for the sport mirrors for this truck and this is what I was given. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of what was on the ruck do you. Cause Honestly I don't know?
Old 11-12-2021, 09:46 PM   #4
jimijam00

I'd make sure the right side is placed in a position that gives you the most visibility. Of course, you want to be able to open the wing windows without interfering with the mirrors.

Those not being original to the 1970 CST would NOT bother me either.
jimijam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 10:25 PM   #5
pjmoreland

I believe the original mirrors would have been this style.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/doc...ruck-PCK-1.pdf
Attached Images

pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:49 PM   #6
Accelo

You will be able to pull the door panel and confirm the type and location of the mirror mounting holes. If the doors are original I would use the original mirrors. If you decide to install the 71-72 sport mirrors you should be aware they are not mounted in the same location on the doors. Original style mirrors are not very expensive. The are available in both chrome and steel. The steel one are made to be painted, typically body color. Interesting the mirror pictured is painted and on a custom trim cab. The SS window trim may have been added? For a new driver the 70 style mirror will give the better view.

Last edited by Accelo; 11-13-2021 at 02:08 AM.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:19 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

If you prefer the 71/72 style you already have, go ahead and use them. Just keep in mind you'd be adding a new set of holes in each door. Might be your best option if the original holes are welded shut. One thing you will need, yet, are the backing plates. The factory locations (both sides different) are given in a drawing:
Name:  444eca78f2d812c23a2d6b757ce3b5e9.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  28.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
Original style mirrors are not very expensive. The are available in both chrome and steel. The steel one are made to be painted, typically body color. Interesting the mirror pictured is painted and on a custom trim cab. The SS window trim may have been added? For a new driver the 70 style mirror will give the better view.
All factory mirrors were painted. All chrome or stainless mirrors are aftermarket

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:14 PM   #8
Bullzak_83

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
I believe the original mirrors would have been this style.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/doc...ruck-PCK-1.pdf

Thanks for the info. Again not ever having mirrors on the truck back in the day, I've never thought about them.
(Cool sales brochure.)
Old 11-13-2021, 08:16 PM   #9
Bullzak_83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
You will be able to pull the door panel and confirm the type and location of the mirror mounting holes. If the doors are original I would use the original mirrors. If you decide to install the 71-72 sport mirrors you should be aware they are not mounted in the same location on the doors. Original style mirrors are not very expensive. The are available in both chrome and steel. The steel one are made to be painted, typically body color. Interesting the mirror pictured is painted and on a custom trim cab. The SS window trim may have been added? For a new driver the 70 style mirror will give the better view.
You can see where they put body filler on the orginal holes in the door, this is why I was questioning these mirrors, because the holes did mot match up.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:18 PM   #10
Bullzak_83

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
If you prefer the 71/72 style you already have, go ahead and use them. Just keep in mind you'd be adding a new set of holes in each door. Might be your best option if the original holes are welded shut. One thing you will need, yet, are the backing plates. The factory locations (both sides different) are given in a drawing:
[ATTACH]2145177[/ATTAC

All factory mirrors were painted. All chrome or stainless mirrors are aftermarket
This is some good info to have thanks for the info