The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
Andriod8
Registered User
 
Andriod8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carbondale Kansas
Posts: 29
Thumbs up Going from 350 to 454

1967 C30 pickup with 350 4 bolt main, RV cam, Holley 650,HEI and headers with SM465 and Dana60 and keeping it in truck. Swapping in 454 .30 over, roller cam, Edlebrock 750 carb, high rise intake, Sanderson headers.
Attached Images
  
Andriod8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
daves72C10D
Registered User
 
daves72C10D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vale, NC
Posts: 280
Re: Going from 350 to 454

Sounds like that will make one mean puller. Good luck.
__________________
1972 Custom 10 Deluxe- original paint, interior- 72k miles
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2466316
Cheap, Fast or Good. Pick any two.
1990 Eagle Talon AWD
1991.5 W250 CTD
1992 Cushman Truckster- Haulster
daves72C10D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Andriod8
Registered User
 
Andriod8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carbondale Kansas
Posts: 29
Re: Going from 350 to 454

350 is going in my 78 Blazer. Ive had the 67 C30 since i was 14.
Andriod8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
71veronica
Registered User
 
71veronica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pleasant grove, UT
Posts: 398
Re: Going from 350 to 454

got any pics of your c 30. i
71veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
68 Longbed Dan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 75
Re: Going from 350 to 454

Do you need different motor mounts for the 454?
__________________
Dan
1968 Longbed Stepside C10
68 Longbed Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
hugger6933
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Marianna Arkansas
Posts: 7,163
Re: Going from 350 to 454

I hope you would also consider upgrading the brakes some while your at it. I see that the truck has non power brakes and probably the drum drum type although I didnt look for the dist block to see if there was one or not for the disc brakes, I know it will stop but it would be a lot safer if you had some good brakes and stuff on there plus it will make it a lot more fun to drive. I know there are a lot on here with big blocks and real strong small blocks with drum drum setups without power so don't flame me I just want to point out the safty aspect of the hobby It is not near as much fun if someone gets hurt or we lose a truck because of to much power to stop or steer type of thing. I'm just saying have fun make resonable power and be safe. It is the dad coming out in me I guess. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
airdale94
Registered User
 
airdale94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Topeka,KS
Posts: 775
Re: Going from 350 to 454

Looks good! Where did you get those tubular uper control arms? I thought they only made those for 1/2 tons. Do you know the Waren's? I work with Chris at Sears.
__________________
68' C20. 283CI w/55CC 305HO heads, NP435 Close Ratio, Corp. 14 bolt FF 3.21, 75' front end swap (everything but the X-member).
airdale94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
Andriod8
Registered User
 
Andriod8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carbondale Kansas
Posts: 29
Smile Re: Going from 350 to 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Longbed Dan View Post
Do you need different motor mounts for the 454?
Sure, send me some along with a flywheel.
Andriod8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
Andriod8
Registered User
 
Andriod8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carbondale Kansas
Posts: 29
Wink Re: Going from 350 to 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
I hope you would also consider upgrading the brakes some while your at it. I see that the truck has non power brakes and probably the drum drum type although I didnt look for the dist block to see if there was one or not for the disc brakes, I know it will stop but it would be a lot safer if you had some good brakes and stuff on there plus it will make it a lot more fun to drive. I know there are a lot on here with big blocks and real strong small blocks with drum drum setups without power so don't flame me I just want to point out the safty aspect of the hobby It is not near as much fun if someone gets hurt or we lose a truck because of to much power to stop or steer type of thing. I'm just saying have fun make resonable power and be safe. It is the dad coming out in me I guess. Jim
Yea i got a powerbooster and 3/4 Discbrakes and spindles for the front.
Andriod8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
68 Longbed Dan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 75
Re: Going from 350 to 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andriod8 View Post
Sure, send me some along with a flywheel.
:P Not exactly what I was getting at :P

Is the swap from the 350 to the 454 a direct swap? Or does it require one to obtain different motor mounts for the big block?
__________________
Dan
1968 Longbed Stepside C10
68 Longbed Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #11
Andriod8
Registered User
 
Andriod8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carbondale Kansas
Posts: 29
Re: Going from 350 to 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71veronica View Post
got any pics of your c 30. i
Two projects of mine 67' C30 and 78 Blazer. Both are donating to each other.
Attached Images
     
Andriod8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
Andriod8
Registered User
 
Andriod8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carbondale Kansas
Posts: 29
Re: Going from 350 to 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale94 View Post
Looks good! Where did you get those tubular uper control arms? I thought they only made those for 1/2 tons. Do you know the Waren's? I work with Chris at Sears.
That pic is of my 78 Blazer(Texas Truck) and the Performance brakes and arms are CCP parts. Yea i know Christopher Waren, I went to school with him.
Andriod8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
Andriod8
Registered User
 
Andriod8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carbondale Kansas
Posts: 29
Wink Re: Going from 350 to 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Longbed Dan View Post
:P Not exactly what I was getting at :P

Is the swap from the 350 to the 454 a direct swap? Or does it require one to obtain different motor mounts for the big block?
Still figuring parts list.
Andriod8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #14
Vintage Windmills
Vintage 4x4s
 
Vintage Windmills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Prior Lake, MN
Posts: 4,301
Re: Going from 350 to 454

The mounts are different for a big block. The steel parts and sometimes with cracked rubber clamshells usually sell for 100 or so a pair used. Then you have to get the clamshells new or revulcanized.

Clean c30, throw a bed on it and you're set.
__________________

67 GMC K1500 Custom- 305V6 SM420, PTO, Ram Assist, yellow (the outcast) (project period correct upgrades)
67 GMC C2500 351V6 TH400, AC, PS, PB (can't decide what to do with. Update, decided to keep and will restore )
86 CHV K30 502 th400, apple red NEW
71 CHV K20 350 SM465, ochre (saved work truck)
71 CHV K20 292 SM465, white, tach, PTO, (future project)
72 CHV K20 350 350th, medium blue (project stocker)
01 CHV K2500hd crew, indigo blue

^3 dont run and the others don't see winter either
'86 K30 Cummins "Fireside" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=649649
'71 K20 "get driveable" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=590642
'72 K20 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=493477&page=6
Vintage Windmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
Andriod8
Registered User
 
Andriod8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carbondale Kansas
Posts: 29
Smile Re: Going from 350 to 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Windmills View Post
The mounts are different for a big block. The steel parts and sometimes with cracked rubber clamshells usually sell for 100 or so a pair used. Then you have to get the clamshells new or revulcanized.

Clean c30, throw a bed on it and you're set.
Thanks! Took it down to the chassis and restrenghtened the cab mounts, redid all the body work, and put the cab on, painted it inside and out and it all came back together smoothly. I have a flatbed im puttin on it.
Andriod8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #16
71veronica
Registered User
 
71veronica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pleasant grove, UT
Posts: 398
Re: Going from 350 to 454

clean trucks.
71veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #17
ole dollor
Registered User
 
ole dollor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anton, Texas
Posts: 2,366
Re: Going from 350 to 454

looks like you have several toys.....keep us posted on your build. have fun with them..
ole dollor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #18
Andriod8
Registered User
 
Andriod8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carbondale Kansas
Posts: 29
Talking Re: Going from 350 to 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole dollor View Post
looks like you have several toys.....keep us posted on your build. have fun with them..
Endless supply of vehicle at my site(Body Shop).
Andriod8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2020 67-72chevytrucks.com