The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-30-2021, 08:39 PM   #76
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: What would you do ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 twins View Post
Yes just a color. It's been that way in Missouri for a long time. The problem with signs is trespassers & poachers will just tear them down.

Or blast them into oblivion so they are not readable.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 07:04 PM   #77
joedoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
The thing that gets me, is the lock. If he hadn't been given keys that fit the lock on the access to the property, then he probably ought to dig a little deeper. On the one hand, he might think it's just an oversight. But on the other hand, wouldn't he want to make sure?
we bought a place where the seller signed electronically before we ever did, no representative, no keys, nothing but handing over our cashiers check. so its plausible.

and when we got there, there was a new padlock and lock box on the door that wasnt there in the morning, and a note that said "for access to the property please call XXX XXX XXXXX". I had the quit claim that said it was mine so I unscrewed the hasp. then I piled up the lock box and still locked padlock on the ground for them to come back. they never did so I watched a lock picking lawyer youtube and got the lock box open, the keys to the padlock and front door were in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
He left a message on my phone saying he hired an attorney and his attorney wanted us to join them in their lawsuit against the real estate company and broker / title company .
"help lawyer, protect me from myself!"

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:21 PM   #78
Low Elco

Any updates? I gotta know how this comes out.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:52 AM   #79
kwmech

Agreed....bump for an update
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:41 PM   #80
Grumpy old man

Well guys it's in the lawyers hands and I don't see anything happening fast . I'm having another survey done just to have a record of it being done recently and having an arborist come out to record the # , species and height of the downed trees . it's all a PITA , The whole 9 yards has just been a huge headache that should never happened in the first place . If he's smart he will just buy the land and be way ahead of the costs to correct the issues we have .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:29 PM   #81
davischevy

I don't understand why people buy land or any kind of property without a survey.

I hate to be a negative nellie, but in my experiences with land disputes, lawyers and sheriffs, nothing will happen.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:44 PM   #82
best view

Update time
best view is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:33 AM   #83
Grumpy old man

UGH ! You had to remind me Well nothings happened fast . The idiot That started all this is nowhere to be found , His phone is off , When they came down from Chicago they had a 5th wheel in a local trailer park and they are gone from there , The land he "bought " was a BUY OWNER FINANCED property owned by an investment company located in Dallas , Tx The real estate company he "bought " it from is located in Ga, and "sold " it to him on line So No title company was involved and wouldn't be until he paid it off in 10 years ! So Basically I can pay the attorney $5,000.00 up front to try to find the guy and try to hold him responsible for damages and in the end the best I could hope for would be a judgement that may never be paid , It's just not worth the time and money to try to chase him . He walked away from the land deal he had and is only out his deposit . And we get left with the clean up . And a purple gate !

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:29 AM   #84
best view

Well the good news is that wood is worth a lot of money and it’s already cut I would call a mill and a few fire wood companies and have them give me quotes
best view is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:32 PM   #85
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
UGH ! You had to remind me Well nothings happened fast . The idiot That started all this is nowhere to be found , His phone is off , When they came down from Chicago they had a 5th wheel in a local trailer park and they are gone from there , The land he "bought " was a BUY OWNER FINANCED property owned by an investment company located in Dallas , Tx The real estate company he "bought " it from is located in Ga, and "sold " it to him on line So No title company was involved and wouldn't be until he paid it off in 10 years ! So Basically I can pay the attorney $5,000.00 up front to try to find the guy and try to hold him responsible for damages and in the end the best I could hope for would be a judgement that may never be paid , It's just not worth the time and money to try to chase him . He walked away from the land deal he had and is only out his deposit . And we get left with the clean up . And a purple gate !
And chickens!

IIRC. Sure sorry for you guys in all this. The company that sold it should have some liability, but making that stick is probably difficult and time-consuming and costly. However, you've given me an idea for a new side income. I think I will start to sell things I don't own.

Last edited by LT7A; 05-26-2022 at 05:45 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote