The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
99-LS1-SS

ZZ502 died while driving. Need help troubleshooting

I was driving down the highway. I had just come off of an onramp where I was in the throttle all the way to merge into traffic. About 2 minutes later the Blazer had one backfire and then the motor shut off. I got it to the side of the road and tried to crank it. The motor turned over just fine but it wouldn't fire up. After a few seconds of turning the motor over it lets out 1 backfire. I had it towed home and I still haven't been able to find out what the problem is.
I have the Aeromotive Stealth intake system and the pump work when the ignition is turned on. The fuel pressure gauge is reading correctly too. I originally thought it might be the coil so I changed it out but it still won't fire up. I think it might be something in the ignition system but, I'm not sure where to start. I pulled the cap off and tried to turn the rotor and it seemed to be ok, meaning I don't think the distributor shaft is broken. Although I'm not sure of anything at this point.
Do you guys have any ideas of what it could be or where would be the best place to start?

1984 K10 beater truck
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote