The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2020, 10:07 PM   #1
tj1970cst

Tach/vac cluster-counterpart

I recently used the vacuum gauge kit from truck shop to add a gauge to my truck that had factory tach and gauge package.

The text seems to be crooked so there is no room above the oil pressure and 1/4" above the battery. Also noticed that the green paint is on the wrong side of the clear lens, so the light from the bulbs doesn't come through to illuminate the numbers on the speedo and tach.

I have been emailing them. So far they say it might take adjustments. I do not see how anything could be adjusted, since all the plastic and tin pieces have interlocking pegs and stuff.

Anyone know what I should do to make this look/work better?

Please excuse the elf in the picture. It's a good picture of the cluster, just happened to have the elf posing.
Attached Images

Last edited by tj1970cst; 12-16-2020 at 12:05 AM.
tj1970cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:44 AM   #2
OL SKOOL

Re: Tach/vac cluster-orange county truck shop counterpart

I purchased the 2 gauges lens and tins from the same place. They have been sitting in a box for about two years patiently waiting their turn. I never noticed but mine seem to be the same. I don't remember about the green on the lens been together a couple of years. Not the best photographer but i took these this morning. Because i was curious when i saw your post. That is the problem with most aftermarket parts. Either a little off or WAY off. The good news you will probably the only one to notice it, oh and now me!
Attached Images

OL SKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:05 AM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Tach/vac cluster-orange county truck shop counterpart

That little bit could be from each cluster being a tick off! These trucks didn't have near the precision they do now. The cluster they used to make the parts more than likely fits perfect.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:56 AM   #4
tj1970cst

Thanks Andy! If anyone had some experience, I figured you would.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:47 AM   #5
tj1970cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL SKOOL View Post
I purchased the 2 gauges lens and tins from the same place. They have been sitting in a box for about two years patiently waiting their turn. I never noticed but mine seem to be the same. I don't remember about the green on the lens been together a couple of years. Not the best photographer but i took these this morning. Because i was curious when i saw your post. That is the problem with most aftermarket parts. Either a little off or WAY off. The good news you will probably the only one to notice it, oh and now me!
Glad I could ruin it for you as well. 😂