The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2021, 10:09 AM   #1
KW5413

New To Site...

Well, its been a long journey through the on-boarding process but, I am finally here. Special thanks to Jcfcamero for allowing me to intrude on his life and helping me get here.

Moving on...While not new to classic / muscle cars, I am new to the C 10 world...and I am excited. A few months ago I acquired a '69 Rest-O-Mod. This is a BIG move for me since most of my vehicles have leaned more to the original side of the spectrum. Previous vehicles: '70 Nova SS (documented) recently sold. '72 El Camino sold, '78 Trans Am sold and '76 "T" Top Cutlass Salon...selling. Thinning out the herd, so to speak.

As for the C 10...Original long bed with professional short bed conversion, lowered. 350 C.I. West Coast Engine, crate. Rated 400 H.P. at flywheel. 700r4 transmission. Vintage Air, upgraded interior, Dakota gauges, power steering, power windows, etc. Looks to have a 2" drop spindle in the front and 4"(?) drop in the rear. Drives straight and true but, stiff on bumps and rough roads.

There are some "didn't get dones" on this truck, mostly body fitment issues that I will ultimately resolve. I added sun visors and LED head lights and hood pop springs. Along with a few other odds and ends to date.

Being a California truck the wipers were removed. I am in North Texas and though I never plan on driving in the rain...it do happen. I will be adding Rain Gear under cowl wiper system...soon.

Sorry for the long winded post but, it took me while to get here so catching up all at once LOL! I would attach pictures but, when I go to "manage attachments" it tells me I need to "log in". I will try again later.

Again, glad to be here.

Last edited by KW5413; 09-16-2021 at 11:31 AM.
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote