The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Was it worth the $500 or not worth two dead flies?
Not worth two dead flies 0 0%
Has potential 27 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2014, 03:11 AM   #51
Steve_aka_Violent_J

Re: My 1963 C-20 Long bed (slow Build)

About to put in some new brake lines... then new fuel lines and drop the engie back in
Steve_aka_Violent_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:05 AM   #52
Steve_aka_Violent_J

Been one hella task taking on the brake job. I never done brakes before. it ends up its easy as cake yet confusing as hell. No matter what I did... she kept on leaking. I used teflon on everything and still im leaking..... I actually stood in front of her and had a long talk and I think she heard me. cuz I went thru every single connection... retaped them.... and just like that no leaks. She is a fighter this one.... The Name Traviesa is going to be put on the back window... cuz she gave me nothing but trouble... now I am on the little things. double checking hoses... wires .... every line... belt... figure by sunday she will be ready to be fired up.... if money permits.... here are some pics..... still need some work done. finding the wiring to be a huge mess too
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2016, 01:44 AM   #53
Steve_aka_Violent_J

I lost interest on this girl.... she sat for too many years and she began to look bad again.... I have since changed jobs, lost loves and make more money then I deserve. a project that was to be for my first sons graduation gift has now carried on passed my daughter and on to the middle son... he shows no interest in it. but something tells me that will change as he seen her go to the shop. Yes I gave up on buiding her myself. but I didnt give up on building her. she was shipped to my friends shop where I said do it all...... so as of last week she has been getting bagged. I cant post pics because its in the shop... but I will see what I can do about that. after the bags comes the titious job of going thru the truck with a fine tooth comb and finishing her completely... yup... completely... last but not least will be the body shop... and thats where this gets fun... because by then my son will have a chance to choose if he wants the truck or not... and then he gets to choose the colors or I do. regardless she will be done by this year...
Old 06-27-2016, 04:38 PM   #54
66ChevyMax

Glad you have chosen to move forward, these projects can get the best of us sometimes but in the end you will have saved a worthy truck for the next generation to enjoy!

And that is no small task.
1957 Chevrolet 2dr Hardtop
"It makes sence if you don't think about it"
Mesquite 1966 C10 - LS3 W/ Air Ride
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4989763
66ChevyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:51 PM   #55
Steve_aka_Violent_J

Just some new pics of what we are doing.. the boy is showing interest... whats funny is he hates working on cars. yet he wanted to put this together. This didnt come with signal light indicators or a place to put them so I used the three existing holes up top. I drilled them out and used some LEDs I bought for my semi. worked out perfsct
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2016, 01:51 AM   #56
Steve_aka_Violent_J

Its been a struggle brother... but I think its time to get her finished. Even if my son doesnt want her... she will remain in th family for a long time I hope. all I can do is make sure she is dependable and running
Old 03-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #57
Steve_aka_Violent_J

years go by so fast. the truck sits in the garage, then gets pushed outside. it crumbles in rust and the chrome starts to fade while rust begins to build. what was just a dream becomes an eye sore..... then one day I decide to leave california for good. I ask my friend, the company welder to go thru my truck and redo all the air bags another friend did. but it was a **** job. never satisfied I decided to leave it at my buddies place. a year go by and I find out he was fired from work. Now all of a sudden he is kicking ass and I cant keep up. it will take me a while to upload my picks. we went from no work to almost done with the body and bags. cant wait to get it home and start again on the engine and paint.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #58
Steve_aka_Violent_J

let see if I can remember how to upload
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2019, 06:41 PM   #59
Steve_aka_Violent_J

Slammed to the ground now
Attached Images