The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #76
texxxan

Re: Problems buying from gmachinz Jabin Wood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ohioian View Post
I bet mine looked like that 30 years ago with out someone bouncing a shovel handle off the sides, what's the color called fawn or doe something like that.
I believe its doe skin tan. Sorry about the picture.
Attached Images

Last edited by texxxan; 10-04-2020 at 04:17 PM. Reason: picture upside down
Old 10-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #77
texxxan

Ok, major update. Let me begin with what I tried to do just to inform everyone of everything. First, after no harness and no tracking number provided, I filed a dispute with Paypal. Paypal rejected my claim because I paid with friends and family. Not paypal's fault, this was my fault. I'm pretty sure that Jabin Wood received the same email as mine on the same rejection date (Sept. 26) but who knows? After no communication with Jabin Wood and starting this thread, I also filed a claim with my bank because I used my debit card through paypal. My bank temporarily refunded my money and contacted either Jabin Wood or paypal, maybe both. I also filed a complaint with the BBB. The BBB sent me an email today that they sent correspondence to Jabin Wood (Harnessworx) regarding this issue. Last night, Jabin Wood messaged me here and stated this:

Hey I just received an email tonight from paypal saying I “have received funds” but I don’t have any other info about this $309...all of my dual tank orders are caught up so I have to assume paypal must have closed your dispute in my favor-which obviously you wanted a refund and I wasn’t able to refund the amount since paypal was “reviewing” the transaction.

At any rate-the $$ is yours not mine so if you would rather I am now able to send the $$ back to you as “friends/family” if you’d like...I just didn’t want to be stuck sending you $309 before making sure paypal was also going to hit me for $309 again. This was all just a goof-up so let me know how you want to resolve this-I can either refund you the $309 or I still have several of the kits in stock (with the correct damn valves lol!) so if you still want a kit, I can have one out in the morning via USPS or if you would rather have a refund, what email do I send the funds to?

I just received my refund of $309. The truth is, this could have all been avoided. I would have been patient if he just communicated with me. Would he have refunded my money if I didn't make this thread and file the listed complaints? I don't know. I believe that the pressure you guys placed on him by tagging him here helped tremendously. He was more than welcome to join in and explain his side. He chose not to. My lesson learned is to not pay with friends and family on paypal and to do my research on the vendor. That was my fault. After I researched and found other complaints, I would not have bought from him. I feel bad that this happened. I will say that I have heard nothing but good things about the quality of his work. Please don't make the same mistake I did. Don't pay with friends and family. Now, I would like to move on and learn more about my trucks and fix them up nicely. Thank you everyone. I'm sorry I started out like this here.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:19 AM   #78
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxxan View Post
Ok, major update. Let me begin with what I tried to do just to inform everyone of everything. First, after no harness and no tracking number provided, I filed a dispute with Paypal. Paypal rejected my claim because I paid with friends and family. Not paypal's fault, this was my fault. I'm pretty sure that Jabin Wood received the same email as mine on the same rejection date (Sept. 26) but who knows? After no communication with Jabin Wood and starting this thread, I also filed a claim with my bank because I used my debit card through paypal. My bank temporarily refunded my money and contacted either Jabin Wood or paypal, maybe both. I also filed a complaint with the BBB. The BBB sent me an email today that they sent correspondence to Jabin Wood (Harnessworx) regarding this issue. Last night, Jabin Wood messaged me here and stated this:

Hey I just received an email tonight from paypal saying I “have received funds” but I don’t have any other info about this $309...all of my dual tank orders are caught up so I have to assume paypal must have closed your dispute in my favor-which obviously you wanted a refund and I wasn’t able to refund the amount since paypal was “reviewing” the transaction.

At any rate-the $$ is yours not mine so if you would rather I am now able to send the $$ back to you as “friends/family” if you’d like...I just didn’t want to be stuck sending you $309 before making sure paypal was also going to hit me for $309 again. This was all just a goof-up so let me know how you want to resolve this-I can either refund you the $309 or I still have several of the kits in stock (with the correct damn valves lol!) so if you still want a kit, I can have one out in the morning via USPS or if you would rather have a refund, what email do I send the funds to?

I just received my refund of $309. The truth is, this could have all been avoided. I would have been patient if he just communicated with me. Would he have refunded my money if I didn't make this thread and file the listed complaints? I don't know. I believe that the pressure you guys placed on him by tagging him here helped tremendously. He was more than welcome to join in and explain his side. He chose not to. My lesson learned is to not pay with friends and family on paypal and to do my research on the vendor. That was my fault. After I researched and found other complaints, I would not have bought from him. I feel bad that this happened. I will say that I have heard nothing but good things about the quality of his work. Please don't make the same mistake I did. Don't pay with friends and family. Now, I would like to move on and learn more about my trucks and fix them up nicely. Thank you everyone. I'm sorry I started out like this here.
So "In the end", is he guilty of poor communication or being a 'Thief'?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:25 AM   #79
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Poor communication. He did return my money.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #80
texxxan

I do appreciate all your input. Its good to see both sides, even though at the time it isn't what you want to hear.

Last edited by texxxan; 10-05-2020 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Quoted wrong one.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #81
SCOTI

Quote:

I do appreciate all your input. Its good to see both sides, even though at the time it isn't what you want to hear.
I could understand your frustration & glad you understood my points as well.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 10-05-2020, 10:41 AM   #82
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I could understand your frustration & glad you understood my points as well.
I did. Thank you.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #83
SCOTI

Quote:
I did. Thank you.
Any time. Good luck on the projects(s)!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 10-05-2020, 11:33 AM   #84
TKCR

Well it wasn’t from us tagging him on here, the forum. He has been banned for quite awhile now.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:21 PM   #85
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Quote:

I don't think he would have responded to you if you did not pursue things. I don't use the friends and family because of things like this. He finally refunded my money within a day of paypal siding with me. Funny how he doesn't respond until he has to...
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
Old 10-06-2020, 05:00 AM   #86
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
I don't think he would have responded to you if you did not pursue things. I don't use the friends and family because of things like this. He finally refunded my money within a day of paypal siding with me. Funny how he doesn't respond until he has to...
I'm just glad its over. I learned a valuable lesson. Never again will I allow this to happen.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:54 PM   #87
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

And as this is a constant issue, his account was permanently suspended in April. I have had to be involved to many times now.
Closed Thread