The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2021, 09:39 PM   #1
MDFarms

Best complete short bed options w/wood floor

OPINIONS PLEASE: Who has the best after market complete Short box wide body with Wood floor? Lets here the good and bad from experienced buyers.

What would brand would you use?

Last edited by MDFarms; 11-29-2021 at 10:14 PM.
MDFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:53 PM   #2
67C10Step

Re: Best complete short bed options w/wood floor

I bought this whole bed (except fenders and steps) from Mar K. Top notch all the way around and it all fit quite well. If I had to do it again I would buy from them again. I live close enough that I picked it up at their place in OKC.
Attached Images

2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:15 PM   #3
jimer1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
I bought this whole bed (except fenders and steps) from Mar K. Top notch all the way around and it all fit quite well. If I had to do it again I would buy from them again. I live close enough that I picked it up at their place in OKC.
Nice looking bed and floor. The whole Truck looks Great!
jimer1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:51 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

As far as I know, there is only one company making reproduction Fleetsides.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 07:36 AM   #5
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
As far as I know, there is only one company making reproduction Fleetsides.
There are multiple manufacturers of almost every Fleetside bed part, some parts only have 2 manufacturers, other parts have as many as 5-6 manufacturers. The only part that has only 1 manufacturer is the Custom 16" wide rear wheelhouses.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:27 AM   #6
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
There are multiple manufacturers of almost every Fleetside bed part, some parts only have 2 manufacturers, other parts have as many as 5-6 manufacturers. The only part that has only 1 manufacturer is the Custom 16" wide rear wheelhouses.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
So who are they ? Which are you selling ? put an end to this constant question ?

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:59 AM   #7
MDFarms

Yeh I would like to know opinions and manufactures.
MDFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:47 AM   #8
GMCPaul

Tri-Plus and Apex are the 2 main manufacturers of quality Fleetside bed parts when sourced from the correct suppliers. Our primary suppliers for these manufacturers of the Fleetside bed parts are Key Parts, Dynacorn and Woodall Industries. The manufacturers though will stamp products in different gauges of steel for other suppliers importing the parts which is why we stick with the 3 we use as they all specify original gauge steel or heavier when ordering a production run of a part. We don't keep a record of every manufacturer of every part just the quality manufacturers.
There is maybe around 5% of all parts available for these that have only 1 manufacturer and in those cases it primarily new products that were not already being reproduced. But it doesn't stay that way for long. Until last year only Apex made the Blazer Cargo Floor and only source was Woodall Industries then Key Parts and Dynacorn got involved and have since started making those Blazer parts that had only 1 source such as the cargo floors, etc.....and other parts for the trucks. When it comes to small parts there can be a dozen or more manufacturers of the part with varying quality among-st them.
Well back to packaging and shipping now I'm behind and gotta get caught up. Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:31 AM   #9
DaHos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFarms View Post
OPINIONS PLEASE: Who has the best after market complete Short box wide body with Wood floor? Lets here the good and bad from experienced buyers.

What would brand would you use?
Give me a shout, have them in stock....you could come down and take a look.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:42 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
Tri-Plus and Apex are the 2 main manufacturers of quality Fleetside bed parts when sourced from the correct suppliers. Our primary suppliers for these manufacturers of the Fleetside bed parts are Key Parts, Dynacorn and Woodall Industries. The manufacturers though will stamp products in different gauges of steel for other suppliers importing the parts which is why we stick with the 3 we use as they all specify original gauge steel or heavier when ordering a production run of a part. We don't keep a record of every manufacturer of every part just the quality manufacturers.
There is maybe around 5% of all parts available for these that have only 1 manufacturer and in those cases it primarily new products that were not already being reproduced. But it doesn't stay that way for long. Until last year only Apex made the Blazer Cargo Floor and only source was Woodall Industries then Key Parts and Dynacorn got involved and have since started making those Blazer parts that had only 1 source such as the cargo floors, etc.....and other parts for the trucks. When it comes to small parts there can be a dozen or more manufacturers of the part with varying quality among-st them.
I know you know the business firsthand. I just knew it was Woodall on the bedsides, originally. That was a good while ago, that's why I said "as far as I know". I was involved with a couple prototype parts projects, and I know how hush-hush and tense it is to get that part developed and produced before the competition learns. It's a heap of money to get that first part produced. Who's going to start making these hubcaps is what I want to know

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote