The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-14-2021, 05:22 PM   #1
Breadstick

Original interior colors

I need to look it up to be certain, but I'm pretty sure my 72 C20 is hawaiian blue. The dash pad, door interior door panels, and rubber floor mats are black. Is this the original color that would have been in this color painted truck? It looks like it's probably the original equipment from the age. The dash pad and door armrests are definitely spent, but the door panels just need to be cleaned so I'm going to scrub them down and reuse all the original parts I can. Just curious what colors would have been in here.
Breadstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:58 PM   #2
body bolt

Re: Original interior colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadstick View Post
I need to look it up to be certain, but I'm pretty sure my 72 C20 is hawaiian blue. The dash pad, door interior door panels, and rubber floor mats are black. Is this the original color that would have been in this color painted truck? It looks like it's probably the original equipment from the age. The dash pad and door armrests are definitely spent, but the door panels just need to be cleaned so I'm going to scrub them down and reuse all the original parts I can. Just curious what colors would have been in here.
It should say on the SPID if you still have it.

Last edited by body bolt; 06-15-2021 at 02:12 PM.
body bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:50 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

It sounds like your truck is a Custom/20, standard trim, all vinyl seat. You could get any paint/interior combination you wanted from the colors offered. A '72 Custom didn't get some colors the Custom Deluxe, Cheyenne, and Cheyenne Super got. Olive is a color a Custom didn't get. But they got a "Kelly" green, is what I'd call it, that the others didn't
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:38 PM   #4
jocko

A black rubber floor mat was included on the Custom (base) or Custom Deluxe (1 step up) trim level if black interior trim color was ordered (RPO 600 - and the RPO would be present even on a base model truck since there were several choices and a buyer or dealer had to choose one). The only way to know if black interior trim was original to your truck is to reference your SPID or build sheet for the 600 RPO. It's always possible that someone removed all the color coordinated interior colors and replaced with black, though also kinda unlikely.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:00 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

If the area of the dash between the dash pad and windshield is low gloss black chances are best it had a black interior originally. Also the steering column and steering wheel will be black. Give us more information, such as if the SPID is present and legible on the inside of the glovebox door. The truck could have been painted in the past and now look old enough to make you think it's original. Look for signs of repaint on window gaskets and areas that would be masked. If your truck seems mostly original, even if repainted, it is likely the interior has not been changed.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote