The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2021, 03:15 PM   #1
Gotenntitans

Re: The ‘Positive’ California ‘Thread’

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiGov View Post
In n Out ...... although they are getting closer to me now . 2 1/2 hrs to the closest one and had to wait for over 30 yrs for it . Lol
My wife's grandmother moved from California to Arkansas in the 1930's, met her husband, and the two of them opened a wood-floor roller skating rink in the town where I live today. Someone in Grandma's family back in California opened a burger joint that eventually became the In n Out Burgers chain. Yeah.....my wife's cousins are multi-millionaires!

I've met some of them when they came to Arkansas for Grandma's funeral a few years back. Nice people. We're trying to get them to open one in Arkansas, but so far they say that its just not doable. I, personally, have never had an In n Out Burger, but I've always heard they were good. I'm a Whataburger guy, myself.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:41 PM   #2
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
Someone in Grandma's family back in California opened a burger joint that eventually became the In n Out Burgers chain. Yeah.....my wife's cousins are multi-millionaires!
I'll bet they are! From what I understand Lynsi Snyder (the grand daughter that inherited it all) is a billionaire.

The lines are always long at In N Out and they are fast. There's a lot of cooks in the kitchen cranking out those burgers and there's still a line. The demand is so high.

Now I want a Double Double Animal Style with fries. Dammit!

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:29 PM   #3
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I'll bet they are! From what I understand Lynsi Snyder (the grand daughter that inherited it all) is a billionaire.

The lines are always long at In N Out and they are fast. There's a lot of cooks in the kitchen cranking out those burgers and there's still a line. The demand is so high.

Now I want a Double Double Animal Style with fries. Dammit!
That's her. She didn't come to Arkansas for the funeral, but her mom (Lynda) and Aunt & Uncle did. Wifey is 53 now, so Lynsi is probably early 40's now. Wifey's grandmother was name Louella, or "Lou" for short. Lynsi's mother, Lynda's middle name is Lou, named for her Aunt from Arkansas.

Everybody's gotta know somebody who is kinda famous (or infamous). Not related to the California thread, but my father's grandmother (Edna Roxanna James) was born in the 1870's and came to Arkansas from Missouri. Her father, Robert James, was a cousin to Frank & Jesse James. They do not believe that he ever rode with them in any of their exploits. Edna died in 1974 at the age of 96. I remember her, my great-grandmother. She wrote poetry and was hard of hearing. Would like to talk with her today about the things she knew.....
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:53 AM   #4
KW5413

Quote:
That's her. She didn't come to Arkansas for the funeral, but her mom (Lynda) and Aunt & Uncle did. Wifey is 53 now, so Lynsi is probably early 40's now. Wifey's grandmother was name Louella, or "Lou" for short. Lynsi's mother, Lynda's middle name is Lou, named for her Aunt from Arkansas.

Everybody's gotta know somebody who is kinda famous (or infamous). Not related to the California thread, but my father's grandmother (Edna Roxanna James) was born in the 1870's and came to Arkansas from Missouri. Her father, Robert James, was a cousin to Frank & Jesse James. They do not believe that he ever rode with them in any of their exploits. Edna died in 1974 at the age of 96. I remember her, my great-grandmother. She wrote poetry and was hard of hearing. Would like to talk with her today about the things she knew.....
I don't mean to bust a thread but, it is said that the James boys are in my ancestry, as well. On my Father's side to their mother's side.

On my mother's side, my Great Grandmother (Rose) was a ''Lady In Waiting'' to the Czarina Of Russia. She escaped to the US before the Bolsheviks did their thing.

My Dad was born in Texas but, I was born at the Coronado Naval Air Station in San Diego. Returned to Texas when I was a few months old. California born but, a Texas Native...LOL!

California is as geographically diverse, as Texas is. I am always in awe of California's landscape. But, I have worked, lived or played in 49 states and they all have wonderful views...if you just take the time to see them.
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:50 PM   #5
AntiGov

Quote:
My wife's grandmother moved from California to Arkansas in the 1930's, met her husband, and the two of them opened a wood-floor roller skating rink in the town where I live today. Someone in Grandma's family back in California opened a burger joint that eventually became the In n Out Burgers chain. Yeah.....my wife's cousins are multi-millionaires!

I've met some of them when they came to Arkansas for Grandma's funeral a few years back. Nice people. We're trying to get them to open one in Arkansas, but so far they say that its just not doable. I, personally, have never had an In n Out Burger, but I've always heard they were good. I'm a Whataburger guy, myself.
Cool story , thanx for sharing
AntiGov is offline   Reply With Quote