The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
92SLE

Smile Help with my 92' sonoma project?

Hey guys, I am new here, but i thought i'd join because I have noticed that everyone on here is usually pretty nice to each other. Well, I have a 92' SLE Sonoma 2.8 5 speed that I love, I bought it when i was 18 from the original owner with 74,xxx miles on it. He died at 94 and I bought it off the estate for 1,000 bucks. I love the square body S-10s and don't want to loose my truck to rust. Luckily the frame is still very very solid with no rust, but now that the truck resides in Northern, IN.... rust has set in. I'm trying to get rid of it before it gets bad, but I'm having trouble trying to track down parts. I'm also trying to build the truck into MY truck. So if anyone with in 150 miles of Valparaiso, IN has doors, a bed (possibly), tailgate, drop kit.... anything please let me know. I'm trying to build it on a budget so my wife doesn't kill me lol. ANYTHING cheap or free would be appreciated, also any ideas or info on what others have done would be awesome. And if anyone wants to help patch the bed i have i would be gracious and could pay you i know what needs done with it, I just don't trust myself
Attached Images

92SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Re: Help with my 92' sonoma project?

Nice truck. To help reduce rust, make new grounds everywhere. Add new grounds on all panels. Clean the main engine, body and battery grounds. In the winter, spray the wheel wells with WD-40.