The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
georgieb51

BLUE seat belt WANTED to BUY

I am looking for one set of BLUE seat belts (one male end and one female end). This is for the center of the seat. I do NOT need the two on the outside ends of the seat that have the retractors. My 1970 GMC 2500 came with only the two outside seatbelts. Is that the way all trucks were equipped in 1970, with just two seat belts and none in the middle? Anyway,I am not expecting to find perfect seatbelts but I would like to find something that is not a total wreck and will clean up nicely. My wife wants to sit next to me in the truck so I need to have a center set that works and looks good.Thanks, George
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
Tdrcreyn4

Re: BLUE seat belt WANTED to BUY

I have a set that will probably clean up. Not sure if this is the shade of blue you are looking for it's on the aqua side. Came out of my blue 69. I'm happy to separate the best of the set and exchange brackets to give you what you need. The male retractable straps are clean and still have decent color. the female straps are all the same. Let me know.
Attached Images

Tdrcreyn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:47 AM   #3
georgieb51

Thanks for responding! The pictures really tell a story, so I am not sure those will work for me. As you say they are sort of an aqua blue. I recently bought a set off ebay thinking they were OK but then when I got them I realized they were not a true blue. My truck is a white 1970 GMC that is all trimmed out in blue. I think I need to add some photos to my ad to try to show the color. In your last photo the buckle on the far left looks like it is bluer than the others. Is that true or are they all the same. It is important to me that the straps be blue too. The aqua blue is close but not the same. What are you asking for a straight set without the retractors?
Old 10-21-2015, 05:06 PM   #4
Tdrcreyn4

They were all originally the same color just various degrees of fading. $10.00 for the straight set plus shipping in a small flat rate box.
Tdrcreyn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:07 AM   #5
georgieb51

I am still trying to find a center set of BLUE seat belts. I now realize that there is an aqua color that sort of looks blue so I have decided to add a photo that shows what I am looking for. The upper seat belt is the color I am trying to find. I bought the lower set because I was told it was blue, but it did not quite work out. (The belts are shown sitting on my original blue GMC seat). Thanks for your help with this. --George
Attached Images