The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2022, 11:04 AM   #3401
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomotion View Post
Thank you Tim!
I'll take that as an invite... Here's the latest
Very nice!

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:30 PM   #3402
slomotion
Old Duffer

Thank you all!

It wasn't all that long ago (it seems) that I was all around, over, and under a vehicle doing all sorts of things, but time has changed what I'm capable of (or willing) to do. Having to give up the heavy things I liked to do as a hobby, I had to turn to something less physical.
I've always built models, but until the last few years they were all static. Once I started building the radio control ships and boats a whole new world opened to me where I can participate and keep active ~ even if it is at a less intense pace.
There are kits that are beautiful when built, but wanting to remain a half step out of the main stream I've been scratch building my boats as they can be any subject and to my own liking without any premise to represent a particular subject.
This tug is the latest effort. It's 1:18 scale, (5/8" = 1 foot), 55" long, and 61 lbs fully ballasted. The deck house is removable and the hull gets launched, the ballast goes in, then the deckhouse re-installed. It has lights, smoke, sound, and some custom details that I've included just to add some interest.
(I do still have the dually and use it regularly! )
Attached Images

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 02:10 PM   #3403
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Wow, you do nice work!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:58 PM   #3404
slomotion
Old Duffer

Thanks to all!

I'll throw out a couple of past builds then back out of here and sit back down at my bench quietly and apologetically for hijacking the thread....
The first two are of a common small freight carrier found around the Chesapeake area, the third is a small river boat with a rather primitive work barge, and the last two are of a Coast Guard 40' Utility Boat.
Attached Images

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

Old 07-04-2022, 08:31 PM   #3405
3757chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
With all the talk of FB on here lately, it occurred to me we needed a forum where we could air our every movement and emotion of the day.

My title doesn't make any sense, but I thought since this is a truck site, we could air our personal lives to other truck owners.

So just let it all hang out. Tell us stuff we don't need or want to know. Tell us if your dog is constipated or your heart has been broken five times this week. Ask for references for a cheap brain surgeon. You get the picture.

I will start with breakfast @ the Davis house #needs biscuits and hash browns to be good.

I had a couple of prunes also, so I will update you on that outcome about 11:30 AM central.
other Larry said post whatever and I like your models slomotion so don't hold back.
MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:29 PM   #3406
special-K
Special Order

I must have overlooked it. Where did you say you bought those??

Today's my dad's birthday (been gone since 1/15/04) and I guess he's coming out through me. I remember him throughout my life asking where someone bought a fine piece of craftsmanship they completed.

Holy cow! I'm glad you told us all these boats are scale models. I would have thought they were the real deal. Great work!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 05:54 AM   #3407
LT7A

Phenomenal detail slomotion. And you're not hijacking anything. I think that model-building fits right in with why Other Larry started this thread in the first place. Those close-ups of your latest effort are amazing. Feel free to show us more.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 05:59 AM   #3408
LT7A

Phenomenal detail slomotion. And you're not hijacking anything. I think that model-building fits right in with why Other Larry started this thread in the first place. Those close-ups of your latest effort are amazing. Feel free to show us more.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 09:50 AM   #3409
slomotion
Old Duffer

Thank you.
Asking a modeler to show pics of his work is like asking a grandparent to show photo's of their grandchildren.

Here's a few of some details...

The first one is Maude the cook standing outside her galley with the screen door and window.

Two and three are details on Fort Valley the tug. (Fort Valley - the geographic place - is between Front Royal and Woodstock VA)

Four and five are the "River Supply Company's" dock and office.
Attached Images

'81 G10 Shorty Van

Old 07-07-2022, 08:51 PM   #3410
davischevy

This thread can't be hijacked, because there is no subject.

Like I said, that's just plain cool.

Show us more.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:28 AM   #3411
special-K
Special Order

Your work is fascinating. That says it all.

And now you went and spoke about Fort Valley, VA. My sister lives on the western slope of Blue Ridge Mt facing across the S. Fork of the Shenandoah R. valley to Massanutten Mt, between Front Royal and Luray (Rileyville). You can see bits of the western ridge of Fort Valley. Edinburg is straight over Massanutten as the crow flies. I'll take a drive over there from time to time. Just like it's Civil War history, it's a place no one would know is there. A hidden valley. I could be happy living there
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 07-08-2022, 09:56 AM   #3412
slomotion
Old Duffer

Thank you!

Fort Valley (the tug) of course was named for that area. My childhood was off the Fort Valley Rd in Carmel. Rt 769 (St David's Church Rd.) My sister and I would try to trap minnows in Passage Creek as kids. We had to create our own amusement during the summer days, as the nearest kids were a couple of miles away, but a bike ride was all it took. Our parents never worried about us - not because they didn't care, it was just a different time and place. There was a ramshackle general store at Dry Run and we'd ride our bikes down there for a Nehi soda. The two or three old men on the porch in coveralls would say "Hello" and go on with their conversation. These were the days when 769 was a gravel road and we'd see the dust in the air when the mail car was coming. Any time we'd see road dust we'd stop what we were doing and wait to see who was going by. There'd be dust on the Queen Ann's Lace between the road and a section of old rusty barbed wire strung between gray posts. The houses were a half mile apart, and it seemed we were all shirt-tail relation one way or another.
Today it's getting so built up it's hard to recognize.
Sadly, it's true, "You can't ever go home again". The images in your mind don't change, but the reality does, so "Home" is a just memory.

'81 G10 Shorty Van

Old 07-08-2022, 09:33 PM   #3413
davischevy

Quote:
Thank you!

Fort Valley (the tug) of course was named for that area. My childhood was off the Fort Valley Rd in Carmel. Rt 769 (St David's Church Rd.) My sister and I would try to trap minnows in Passage Creek as kids. We had to create our own amusement during the summer days, as the nearest kids were a couple of miles away, but a bike ride was all it took. Our parents never worried about us - not because they didn't care, it was just a different time and place. There was a ramshackle general store at Dry Run and we'd ride our bikes down there for a Nehi soda. The two or three old men on the porch in coveralls would say "Hello" and go on with their conversation. These were the days when 769 was a gravel road and we'd see the dust in the air when the mail car was coming. Any time we'd see road dust we'd stop what we were doing and wait to see who was going by. There'd be dust on the Queen Ann's Lace between the road and a section of old rusty barbed wire strung between gray posts. The houses were a half mile apart, and it seemed we were all shirt-tail relation one way or another.
Sadly, it's true, "You can't ever go home again". The images in your mind don't change, but the reality does, so "Home" is a just memory.
You just described my childhood. Only the names and places were different. Three relative boys and I would leave home in the morning and come back at dusk, starving to death.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 07-09-2022, 07:45 AM   #3414
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Thank you!

I wish I had know it back then. Garrett County, MD is going downhill from what seemed to a forever wonderland. I guess it was I-68 that made Deep Creek Lake become the place to build a second home, although it's been a resort area since the 30s. Now the cancer is spreading through the county, driving real estate prices up to about what they are down here... where there is a strong economy that justifies it. I guess it just wasn't quite far enough away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
You just described my childhood. Only the names and places were different. Three relative boys and I would leave home in the morning and come back at dusk, starving to death.
Thanks for the beautiful picture of Fort Valley. And thanks Other* for adding to it. It never failed, I'd get in trouble for coming in too late for supper in early spring with the days getting longer. That just allowed me and whoever I was with, if anyone, to get farther from home and deeper into what ever we had found to get into.

I had all my excess power steering boxes listed on Craigslist some time ago. I had ten I think, and was offering them individually. The guy who responded, I could tell, was an older guy. He had an early-60s Chevy truck he was putting power steering on. I told him I'd bring them all and he could take his pick. We met up in Berryville, VA which is about 1/2 way. It turned out he lived in and was born and raised in Fort Valley. It also turned out he would rebuild steering boxes to sell. I gave him all the boxes for the cost of one. I got far better than dollars out of that encounter. I wish I kept his name.

* Mind if I call you Other for short?

Tim

Old 07-09-2022, 11:15 AM   #3415
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post

* Mind if I call you Other for short?
I've been called much worse.

Old 07-09-2022, 11:49 AM   #3416
special-K
Special Order

Sorry about your knee, Other. I did the same thing back in the '50s but I'm still not ready to share that. But I am about to change my profile picture since there was no way to show it back then
Attached Images

Tim

Old 07-17-2022, 10:44 PM   #3417
davischevy

I bolted a couple more pieces on the Arkansas K10.
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2022, 06:03 AM   #3418
72 tigger

Looks great Larry
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 06:22 AM   #3419
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Yeah Larry. A thing of beauty. I'm digging that chrome shifter and the knob with the shift pattern on it, It looks great. I've only seen the plain Jane black ones. I don't get out often.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 06:26 AM   #3420
Getter-Done

Shiny shiny.

Great job Larry
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 06:40 AM   #3421
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Thank you!

I went back to my home town a couple of months ago. It was not the same place. Practically everything I knew was gone. Everyone I knew was gone. I felt like a stranger and I grew up there.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:37 AM   #3422
special-K
Special Order

That Ochre, 4spd/4wd, chrome & a/c truck is going* to be a real country gentleman out there.

*coulda said fixin'

Tim

Old 07-18-2022, 09:00 AM   #3423
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That Ochre, 4spd/4wd, chrome & a/c truck is going* to be a real country gentleman out there.

*coulda said fixin'
Rough cut country gentleman don't say "fixin'.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:43 PM   #3424
72 tigger

I’m sure some of you guys see bald eagles on a regular basis. Their population has been growing around here the past 10 years. This is less than a mile from my house, along the Wabash river
Attached Images

Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:36 PM   #3425
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I wish. We do see hawks cruising around, though.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote