The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
g_goble1967

help me please

XIV. As of October 15th 2005 subscribing members will be the only ones permitted to post for sale and want to buy ads on any classified section of this site. All other rules of buying and selling still apply. 67-72chevytrucks.com, its administrators or staff are not responsible for any transactions on or off the forums. We will work hard to ensure you a smooth transaction, and help in the event you may need it, but all for sale and trade areas are buyer beware. Any persons who have misrepresented an item, lie about an item, fail to deliver, or are in violation of any of the rules will forfeit there subscription fees and be banned from 67-72chevytrucks.com

The Forum staff would like to encourage you to become a subscribing member. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Subscribe Here!

*Value wanted posts are only allowed by subscribe types now. To many were using this as a loophole and blatently selling items within these posts.

Last edited by krue; 12-09-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Re: help me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_goble1967
XIV. As of October 15th 2005 subscribing members will be the only ones permitted to post for sale and want to buy ads on any classified section of this site. All other rules of buying and selling still apply. 67-72chevytrucks.com, its administrators or staff are not responsible for any transactions on or off the forums. We will work hard to ensure you a smooth transaction, and help in the event you may need it, but all for sale and trade areas are buyer beware. Any persons who have misrepresented an item, lie about an item, fail to deliver, or are in violation of any of the rules will forfeit there subscription fees and be banned from 67-72chevytrucks.com

The Forum staff would like to encourage you to become a subscribing member. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Subscribe Here!

*Value wanted posts are only allowed by subscribe types now. To many were using this as a loophole and blatently selling items within these posts.

Welcome,
You can post questions by selecting the appropriate forum and selecting the New Topic button. It is on the left side under Threads in Forum title

As for the frontend and rearend. I section crossmembers and they cost me $75 for JUST the crossmember. I got the whole thing from one of them for $150 out to the calipers/rotors, but it depends on where you go. Around here the rear axle is $75-125 depending on where you go.

In addition, if your friend is hoping to gain discs on his pre-70, there are parts that swap to do this.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com

Last edited by krue; 12-09-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
LILREDGMC

Welcome. A suggestion along the way. First fill out your address, at least city and state, so we may know if your a neighbor, or on the left coast. It helps for that general info.

For what you're up to, the message board for 67-72 or the suspension post might be good.

Prices will vary based on everyones opinion and whether its a friend, board member who helped you out, or etc. The front end might be a $100 item. You could disect it by the individual components for a what its worth price, newer rotors, rebuilt calipers, new pads, etc could influence your price. It may be closer to $250, with newer parts and rust free. Also depends on whether its off the frame or you or someone else has to remove it.

The rear may fetch $100 for an open desirable ratio, or $200 + for a posi with also a desirable ratio. A 2:56 to 1 open might be lucky to get scrap value.

Hope it helps a little. My 2 cents on your location. Everyone is sensitive about information, but at least it helps to know roughly where you are when you might be looking for parts, or need help.

LILREDGMC
Old 12-08-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
g_goble1967

thanks for the onfo. im in north GA , little fart of a town called chatsworth.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:50 AM   #5
krue
Designated A-hole!

Welcome to the board, I had to edit your post. Feel free to check out the rest of the board.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 12-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #6
smirch9

Welcome from Oklahoma!

Have you subscribed? Click here.

Order your site t-shirts and apparel here!
Closed Thread