The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
hugger6933

Rust and paint eater vs. Dynazip

I bought a month maybe two months ago a TP tools rust and Paint Eater. It is a knock off of the Dynabrade Dynazip tool that lots of people use to remove the undercoating from the underneath of the bellypans of GM cars and trucks.I had read about them and the vast amounts of people that had or had used them in the Chevelle forums long ago when I was doing up a car and I remember the guys talking about how awesome they were at removing the tar from under the cars. well when I was sanding a inner fender on one of my trucks I got about a quarter through it and stopped and went shopping. I first looked at the Dynazip it has several wire wheeld that can be had with it and the tp tools one came with only one but they list two in the catalog. I was wondering what you guys were using witch one for what and what wheels I need to order so I can use my tool. I took it out of the box and put an end it it oiled it and played with it for about 30 seconds and put it up and now I am about to use it and would like to know about the wire wheels. Also it came with the paint remover wheel like the kind you buy from 3m to put in a drill except much heavier. I'll try it out and let you know. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
kaycee

Re: Rust and paint eater vs. Dynazip

I used a knotted wire wheel and knotted cup brush on my 63 Impala was done in about 2hrs.I had insulted coveralls on a face shield and earplugs and a pair of gloves.I had the wheels on my 4" grinder and got western its a chitty job no matter what but a coupla hrs later I was done with this chit
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
hugger6933

I have used those in the past with mixed results. I have tried just about all the market has to offer. This one here is supposed to be the Caddy or at least the Dynabrade model is so I guess the TPone would just be a Lincoln or something but still get it done. I will let you know when I take the wrapper off. Jim
Old 02-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #4
earl84

Wish I had some experience with that to answer your question, just to help pay you back for all the knowledge you have passed on here. Such a blessing for all of us bodywork newbs.
earl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #5
hugger6933

Well thanks for all of your kind and warm words. since the tool is bought and safe at my shop I will be doing a workout with it and a write up on it as I put it through its paces. I did place the metal wire wheel on it and put it on the bed floor I have on a dolly in my shop and it does look like it was sandblasted were I ran over it. I plan on placing the paint eater wheel on and see how fast it will allow me to strip a panel. that is coming in the next day or two. I am cupping some fenders now. Jim