The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
Rich 5150 69

Cocacola historic plant

Another landmark here in Sacramento will be gone...Coca cola plant that has been on this site for 85 years, operated as an franchise the Sellers family has sold it back to Coke, they never said what the price was except it was 10 times the annual sales, so with the quick math and having the best friend that work there for 27 years we estimated approx 85 million, not that they wasn`t millionairs already, but this is the last week of desolution of the company, not sure what will become of the building...
Attached Images

`68 Dart 370/904/323 suregrip
Rich 5150 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
NONHOG

Re: Cocacola historic plant

Tacoma Washington's old Coke building is now. http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/about+us/tacoma.do
Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Sorry to see that. The bottling plant in Frederick,MD has been vacant for five or more years now,with lease/sale signs always posted. It's from the art deco era and used to have a gigantic Coke bottle on top. I mean it was painted to look just like a full green glass bottle. Not sure what it was made of. But, Coca-Cola is etched into the sandstone till it ever gets remodeled. You think of such an icon as Coke to be there forever,but ye olde corporate ways run strong with this one. Is it bottled in China and shipped yet?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
pritch

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Is it bottled in China and shipped yet?
No, but that stuff from Mexico is awesome! That's the only Coca Cola I can gag down. I never did really like Coke over Pepsi, and after the Coke guy got me kicked out of the Olympics, well, I don't care if they survive or not.

OK, since you're no doubt wondering how the Coke guy got me kicked out of the Olympics, here's the rest of the story:

When the Winter Games were in Salt Lake in '02, most of the venues were up in my neck of the woods, the Park City area. Remember, this was only a few months after 9/11, and everyone was pretty much all on edge over security and there were soldiers with machine guns everywhere. I went to PC to take it all in and I, quite by accident, completely defeated their security to get to Main Street. While everyone else was standing in line to be searched and cleared, I did what I always did and walked into the back door of my wife's work and after visiting with her for a few minutes, headed out the front door and onto Main Street. She worked at the liquor store, and I guess it never entered anyone's mind that they should check the drunks.

At any rate, there I was out on the street, and I got to noticing that everyone else had these-well, they were like wrist bands, but just on their bags and the women's (and the European guys) purses. It slowly came to me that these were being issued at the security checkpoints, so I was a little nervous about that and tried to avoid the Omni-present security. I was doing real good, too, until I ventured into the Coca-Cola pin trading tent. Trading those Olympic pins is a pretty big deal, I guess, and coke had this huge tent set up for those who were into it. I had a couple that we got from our company for building some of the venues, and I wanted to see it they were worth anything, so I walked into the tent and this dude all dressed up in coke stuff stops me at the door.

"You can't bring that in here", he says as he's pointing at the bottle of Pepsi I was holding.

"No problem, man", I said and turned and started to walk back out.

All at once, this clown is grabbing my sleeve and saying "Wait wait--what would it take for you to switch to Coke?"

I looked him in the eye and said "Make the $hit taste like Pepsi"

Apparently, this guy had no sense of humor at all. He got all red in the face and started yelling and calling for security, calling me a trouble maker! Me? A trouble maker? I'll show you trouble you little...and then I remembered that I was without 'Proper Clearance' and figured kicking this coke suckers' a$$ was just gonna have to wait 'till there was fewer machine guns in sight.

So I split. Ruined my entire day.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

So,the security check points were for keeping Pepsi drinkers out? That guy needs to try the caffeine free (or a Pepsi). In America,if you can carry a Coke into a tent you can carry any other brand. It's called freedom. Many years ago there was a Harley dealer who asked me to leave when I walked in with a t-shirt from another dealership. I laughed and said,"You're kidding,right? How long you been around Harleys? Us Harley riders buy AMERICAN Harleys so we can ride to other dealerships all around AMERICA just to walk out with a t-shirt. I'm leaving,but not because you said to. I'm leaving because I'll never wear one of your t-shirts into another dealership".

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-12-2013 at 06:13 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
So,the security check points were for keeping Pepsi drinkers out? That guy needs to try the caffeine free (or a Pepsi). In America,if you can carry a Coke into a tent you can carry any other brand. It's called freedom. Many years ago there was a Harley dealer who asked me to leave when I walked in with a t-shirt from another dealership. I laughed and said,"You're kidding,right? How long you been around Harleys? Us Harley riders buy AMERICAN Harleys so we can ride to other dealerships all around AMERICA just to walk out with a t-shirt. I'm leaving,but not because you said to. I'm leaving because I'll never wear one of your t-shirts into another dealership".
Cola is still under segregation laws if its being consumed on premsis, why you will very very rarley find a resturant the has both, its one or the other....try and serve both and you will be forced to chose or one or the other will pull its tanks.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote