The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2018, 05:37 PM   #51
Mudflat

Re: GMC Pauls vs Brother's

Sick you are not alone. After reading these great reviews i checked out his website and had same experience as you.
Mudflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:48 PM   #52
68is4me

Their web site is kind of clunky and can be hard to find stuff. If you don't find it email them they respond very quickly. I have had good luck with GMC pauls.
06 gmc duramax
68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:01 PM   #53
Red71gmc

Their web site is clunky and as a small business owner I understand that. I was so glad to find a supplier in Indiana and did email them about a sway bar. I didn't get a reply so I ordered one from Brothers since I could call them and ask questions.
Reading about how good Gmc Paul's parts are I wish I did get a reply because I definitely wasn't impressed with the one I got. I will try again as I know it is not easy being a small guy in a monsoon of big glamour.
Red71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:09 AM   #54
MACO

I ordered a lot of parts last winter from Brothers when they were on sale. For the most part everything was ok quality. They did send me an A/C hose that was incorrectly marked 67-72 when it was actually for a 73 and up. I emailed them pictures of the hose that was clearly wrong and miss labeled. No response. I still have the hose and will give it to someone who needs it, not worth the hassle of sending back. I was also surprised that a shop specializing in trucks did not notice the hose was wrong when filling the order. I use Classic Auto Air for all my A/C stuff now. I would pay double for parts that were of superior OEM quality, I just don't have time to mess around with crap parts. There is also the issue for me of limited places to buy from as not all suppliers want to ship to Canada.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:42 AM   #55
mike16

the deal with the canadian issue is not limited just to repro truck parts. I 've delt with other stuff trying to send it to Canada and its a pain either way.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #56
tim71

My experience with GMCPauls is their products are as good or mostly better than their competitors, and there service and shipping is way better.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:23 AM   #57
plowro8

Don't really have a problem with Brothers or GMC Pauls, however, after reading so much about GMC Paul on this thread, I paid waaaay too much for a grill for a 72, thinking that it would be of some super-high quality compared to others... Got a big, flimsy thing made in Taiwan and paid over $100 for shipping, even though I am right here in Indiana. Could have gotten the grill paid for and shipped for $100+ cheaper from Classic Parts or Brothers, but went with what I assumed would be superior. Oh well... live and learn
plowro8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:54 PM   #58
wesmigletz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72K5CSTDarkOlive View Post
I made my first order from GMCPauls and so far I'm really happy with the quality and service.

Poly Gas tank - wow this thing is light. Came with new sending units and brackets.
Have you installed the Blazer gas tank yet? If so, did you have to modify the filler neck to fit?
1964 Malibu SS
1957 Corvette
Pics
www.picturetrail.com/wesmigletz
wesmigletz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #59
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowro8 View Post
Don't really have a problem with Brothers or GMC Pauls, however, after reading so much about GMC Paul on this thread, I paid waaaay too much for a grill for a 72, thinking that it would be of some super-high quality compared to others... Got a big, flimsy thing made in Taiwan and paid over $100 for shipping, even though I am right here in Indiana. Could have gotten the grill paid for and shipped for $100+ cheaper from Classic Parts or Brothers, but went with what I assumed would be superior. Oh well... live and learn
Same experience here with a bumper. They sent me the same chinese made junk everybody else had and when I had a problem with it they said "you installed it wrong" (said I overtightened it but couldn't give a torque spec to back up their claim). They are very overrated in my opinion/experience.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:40 PM   #60
aerotest

Corrected.

Last edited by aerotest; 09-23-2018 at 08:33 PM.
aerotest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #61
YBNORML

Last i checked GMCPauls won't ship to Canada, so i'll have to go with Brothers on this one. I have ordered form multiple companies and purchased from several stateside board members without any issues. its not like we are overseas or something like that.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:39 PM   #62
pappy 2

I can now respond to this thread. 3 wks. after ordering the 1 pc. window kit, I finally have all the order. BELIVE it or not the original shipment was missing the 2 pcs. glass. After 3-4 phone calls and sending pictures of ???missing glass??? I have finally rec. the glass. I doubt this would have happened had I not filed a claim with Pay-Pal. Only then did I receive a phone call from a supervisor. Before filing the Pay-Pal claim I don't think my issue was all that important to Brothers Trucks.

I will not be making any future purchases from, or recommending Brothers Trucks to anyone.
pappy 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #63
sick472

I received the replacement parts that Brother's promised and the battery tray was bent in the same fashion, but not as bad so I bent it back and called it good. The linkage bracket showed up rusted again...I sand blasted it and painted it. Brother's will be my last resort from now on. I can't say that they don't serve a purpose, but unless they are the only vendor for a specific part, I'll spend my money and, hopefully, less time with GMCPauls or WES.

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:02 AM   #64
bondo510

Brothers problem is they have things shown on the site and when you get your order from them you always end up missing a item. The site needs to show out of stock. They gave me the run around since last october on a part. They told me they would call back with more info and they never did. I called today and cancelled it. I have had great luck with my orders from GMC pauls .
bondo510 is offline   Reply With Quote