The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
mkelly

Project Mustard Wagon

I have been looking around this page for a long time gathering info and enjoying all the great work.
I have finally started on my 72 K5 project so I figured I would share some of it with the other Blazer fans.
A little back story on the Blazer. I bought it from a friend about 5-6 years ago. It had set in his old chicken house for about 10 years. Someone before him had replaced a lot of the rusty sheet metal. He had a 400 sbc built for it and had the inside rhino lined.
I bought the blazer and got it running. New gas tank, carb ect. We have enjoyed the blazer some but it just has never ran right constantly and the transmission was weak. My kids love riding in it and they named it the Mustard Wagon.
My plan is to go with a LS and overdrive. Most likely a 6.0 or 6.2. I have not purchased a motor or trans yet simply because I know if I have one setting here I will get in a hurry and not do everything else that needs to be done while it is apart.
I am sure I will have a lot of questions along the way.
Name:  IMG_2751.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  33.2 KB
mkelly is offline   Reply With Quote