The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
Rusti

1950 GMC on s10 named Hook

Hello everyone

This is the construction report for a 1950 GMC pick-up on a 1987 Chevrolet s10 chassis powered by a 4.3L Astro Van drive train. Since it is very difficult here in Germany to get the individual components I have to take everything I get and can not be picky. I have to work with the parts I get and that is why this project will be put together from parts from many different cars and trucks. I started collecting about a year ago. Finally when found the cabin in August and got it for a good price, the project could be started. The idea behind is to build a daily driver with the grate shape from 1950. Due to the strong rust patina I decided to call this project "Hook".
Much of this project may be quite simple and a little bit hillbilly like, but the motto is to use only as many new parts as necessary and keeping the budget as small as possible. So please excuse if some part of the work and problems will be solved quite special.

Here are some pictures of how he looked in the beginning.

And after removing a whole bucket of earth and nuts

The cabin and the front were removed

New chassis and new cab holders

And the first test how it fits together

It looks a bit squashed on the short chassis but with the bed on I hope it should be ok again, we'll see.

New steering column, pedals and brake booster

New frame for the S10 bench

And the drive train
With a lot of problems and some modifications, oil pan of a 4x4 blazer (still waiting for a new oil pump and screen from the USA), exhaust system, shift linkage and many many more

So long
Arnd
Rusti is offline   Reply With Quote