The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2021, 03:59 PM   #1576
Carl Spangler

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikid61 View Post
1972 Chevrolet C20 Pickup Custom Camper: •ONE OWNER SURVIVOR!
•WEST COAST TRUCK!
•45K Original Miles!
•Runs strong, stops strong

This truck was originally purchased new from Van Eaton Chevrolet in Eatonville, Washington in 1972. It has been with the same owner since. It was primarily used for camping and had a slide-in camper mounted in the bed. The gentleman who owned it would occasionally use it for hauling lumber for his wooden craft business. There is a very thick folder of maintenance records, including the original purchase order. The truck has always been garaged/covered and remains garaged to present day. Exterior: Original dark yellow/white is in impeccable condition for its age. Bright and shiny and all original. The are scratches, dings, small dents present, but overall looks like a 10-15 year old truck rather than a 50 year old truck. Paint in bed is mostly there but shows wear from slide-in camper being mounted/dismounted. There are mounted brackets attached to either front fender that support rods from the camper top connected to. The forward bulkhead of the bed has a slight bulge (possibly from camper) but is barely noticeable. Chrome is shiny with occasional freckling. Door jams are clean and show normal signs of wear. Rare “blue bowtie” hubcaps have minor dents but are otherwise bright, shiny and have almost all of the original paint. Undercarriage is remarkably clean and dark. It show surface rust here and there on the frame but no holes or serious issues. The exhaust pipe is probably the least attractive thing about the entire truck but is still functional. Interior: original black interior is stock OEM but carpet and insulation were replaced due to mud and sand. Knobs, pedals, shifter, and steering wheel show little signs of use and commensurate the low mileage. Original GM AM/FM radio is present but not working. All controls seem to work. Headliner is intact and does not droop down. Aftermarket intermittent wiper module installed in 1983 still works. Mechanical: Starts, stops, drives like a champ! I’m told by the family that the original 350 was rebuilt after it sat for a few years. The automatic transmission shifts smoothly. Engine compartment is very clean. There is a small hole on the drivers side front fender well. It looks like something was mounted on it and then removed. I was told that the original owner’s son had the truck detailed and touched up, the motor rebuilt, new brakes, and had the interior refreshed after the truck sat for a few years It’s probably the best riding and best stopping old truck I’ve ever driven.Tires look new! Please email with questions.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 7380027481 posted: 2 days ago updated: 2 days ago ♥ best of [?]
safety tips https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...380027481.html
That looks way 'too good to be true'. I hope a forum member can check it out in person.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:43 PM   #1577
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloCrewChief View Post
I actually own those door panels and they are currently listed in the classifieds section on the forum. Your mail box is full.
<snip>
fixed that and found your thread - might actually be too nice for my beater but I'm thinkin on it..

thank you!
Old 09-17-2021, 12:41 AM   #1578
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...Anull%7D%22%7D
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:48 AM   #1579
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
•WEST COAST TRUCK!
•45K Original Miles!

This truck was originally purchased new from Van Eaton Chevrolet in Eatonville, Washington in 1972. It has been with the same owner since. It was primarily used for camping and had a slide-in camper mounted in the bed. The gentleman who owned it would occasionally use it for hauling lumber for his wooden craft business. There is a very thick folder of maintenance records, including the original purchase order. The truck has always been garaged/covered and remains garaged to present day. Exterior: Original dark yellow/white is in impeccable condition for its age. Bright and shiny and all original. The are scratches, dings, small dents present, but overall looks like a 10-15 year old truck rather than a 50 year old truck. Paint in bed is mostly there but shows wear from slide-in camper being mounted/dismounted. There are mounted brackets attached to either front fender that support rods from the camper top connected to. The forward bulkhead of the bed has a slight bulge (possibly from camper) but is barely noticeable. Chrome is shiny with occasional freckling. Door jams are clean and show normal signs of wear. Rare “blue bowtie” hubcaps have minor dents but are otherwise bright, shiny and have almost all of the original paint. Undercarriage is remarkably clean and dark. It show surface rust here and there on the frame but no holes or serious issues. The exhaust pipe is probably the least attractive thing about the entire truck but is still functional. Interior: original black interior is stock OEM but carpet and insulation were replaced due to mud and sand. Knobs, pedals, shifter, and steering wheel show little signs of use and commensurate the low mileage. Original GM AM/FM radio is present but not working. All controls seem to work. Headliner is intact and does not droop down. Aftermarket intermittent wiper module installed in 1983 still works. Mechanical: Starts, stops, drives like a champ! I’m told by the family that the original 350 was rebuilt after it sat for a few years. The automatic transmission shifts smoothly. Engine compartment is very clean. There is a small hole on the drivers side front fender well. It looks like something was mounted on it and then removed. I was told that the original owner’s son had the truck detailed and touched up, the motor rebuilt, new brakes, and had the interior refreshed after the truck sat for a few years It’s probably the best riding and best stopping old truck I’ve ever driven.Tires look new! Please email with questions.
WOWZA! I think I know where to get a grille for it, ouch. Any idea what's mounted on each end of the cowl panel? If that were closer I'd look to replace my C20, however rust burned through the skirt so???
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 09-17-2021 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:12 AM   #1580
Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
WOWZA! I think I know where to get a grille for it, ouch. Any idea what's mounted on each end of the cowl panel? If that were closer I'd look to replace my C20, however rust burned through the skirt so???
The cowl brackets allow attaching rods to secure the upper section of a camper. I am always skeptical on a 50 year old truck as far as mileage. Odometer restarts at 99,999. Could be 145,000 or 245,000. Condition of vehicle is more important.

Last edited by Richard; 09-17-2021 at 02:27 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:39 AM   #1581
HO455
Post Whore

Quote:
•WEST COAST TRUCK!
•45K Original Miles!

It's a nice truck! But I want to know where the secret switch is? I want my radio to tune in FM stations too.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:52 PM   #1582
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
The cowl brackets allow attaching rods to secure the upper section of a camper. I am always skeptical on a 50 year old truck as far as mileage. Odometer restarts at 99,999. Could be 145,000 or 245,000. Condition of vehicle is more important.
Thanks. One reason I asked is my C20 Super has rivet buttons near the same spot, and on the top front of the pillar too. I think the former owner mentioned they were for a canvas, perhaps camping. He implied they were vintage.

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 09-17-2021 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:21 PM   #1583
FirstOwner69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Any idea what's mounted on each end of the cowl panel?
The brackets are for attaching adjustable length rods with integral small shock absorbers between the truck and camper overhead. They were intended to reduce freeway bouncing due to expansion joints in the pavement. Mine were called "Bounce Away".

The first pic show a bracket installed before the resto and the second shows the Bounce Aways installed when the truck and camper were new. If I remember, I'll post a closeup of one of the Bounce Aways in a few days.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #1584
HO455
Post Whore

GMC guages with tach $500. Not mine but, I'd love to have seen the green truck they came out of.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...376908351.html

selling a good used 1967-72 Chevrolet GMC C10 K10 K5 tach dash.

If it is listed, it is still available.
Low ball offers deleted
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2021, 04:54 PM   #1585
HO455
Post Whore

72 Cheyenne $6000. Not mine. It looks pretty complete and unmolested!

https://salem.craigslist.org/cto/d/s...382207531.html

1972 Chevrolet C10 Cheyenne with factory air conditioning.
350 small block
Long bed
Power steering, power brakes, air conditioning.
Runs and drives. Needs work. Body is pretty straight. Sold truck. Rust in the floors but have patch panels for them. Outer rockers and cab corners are solid. Inner rockers have a little rust.
New battery, starter motor and ignition switch.
Most trim is there. I have it in a box. Clean title.
It’s hard to find decent a C10 right now.
I have the original build sheet that was found behind the seat.
I would recommend towing it home.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2021, 06:11 PM   #1586
jonmc56

1970 GMC SWB Pickup - $27,500

May consider trades
Rebuilt 350 30 over Keith Black pistons
Turbo 350 Trans with shift kit
Comp cam, aluminum heads
Roller rocker Billit valve covers
Vintage A/C
Power steering, power brakes
Edelbrock high rise and carb headers, new exhaust
Turbo mufflers,
Factory tach
Big back window,
All new Sierra Grande interior
1995 sports side bed
20" wheels and tires
New spray in bed liner and bed cover
New chrome bumpers and grill
Professionally lowered with drop spindels
Very nice rust free truck

Not Mine, and does NOT have original air in the tires.
https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/...383623280.html
Attached Images

jonmc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:35 AM   #1587
Jiggers72-GMC

wow, white seat, it wouldn't stay clean if it were mine

nice work on the ads guys
1969 GMC C2500 manual
Jiggers72-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:26 PM   #1588
BlazerBill

Noticed the vent in the door jamb. Never seen a 70 cab with the Vent. Possibly a cab swap
BlazerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:31 AM   #1589
tutone

https://evansville.craigslist.org/ct...383822247.html

For the man who has everything. I like this.
Attached Images

1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:34 PM   #1590
HO455
Post Whore

20 years ago I'd of been all over that truck.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:21 PM   #1591
georgieb51

This is actually my truck. Runs great. Rust-free cab is available at extra cost. This is a real K10 short stepside. Thanks.https://oneonta.craigslist.org/cto/d...377522234.html
Attached Images

1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:25 PM   #1592
CUSTOM/10

This looks like a solid start for someone in the NE wanting to build a swb 4x4…
I’d be taking a close look at this if I was in the market.

Good luck with your sale.
Gary

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859
CUSTOM/10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:07 PM   #1593
HO455
Post Whore

72 C20 $9700. Not mine. Looks like a nice solid truck.

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/...383221020.html

I am selling my 1972 C20 Chevrolet Pickup with an automatic transmission, sbc with a long bed. I bought this truck this spring to help me move with. I am done with my move and I do not really need the truck anymore so I am selling it. I had ALOT of work done to it to make it a very solid truck. It has surface rust on the body as you can see in the pictures, but its just that, surface rust. I have not checked the numbers to see what motor is in it, just know its a 8 cylinder small block. I have a new matching dash pad that needs to be installed that goes with the truck.

The work I had done -

Front brake rotors
Front brake hoses
Front brake pads
Front brake calipers
Rear brake drums
Rear wheel cylinders
Rear brake shoes
Rear brake drum hardware
Front sway bar bushings
New temp sender
New idler arm
New Pitman arm
New power steering gear box
New tires
New battery
New battery platform
Re-upholstered front bench seat
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2021, 10:27 PM   #1594
HO455
Post Whore

71 C10 $7450. Not mine. Oh look the dash isn't cut!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/c...374910886.html

454 w/t400 trans
sand blasted and painted frame new exhaust
aluminum rad w/electric fans
12 bolt spool
5 lug front disc
all new brakes ,springs shocks wheels and all ball joint steering parts
long bed box bobbed 18 in
cab and door cut for roadster look
have the rest of the roof cut to do kindigit style respectable hard top
runs and drives great
would be great summer driver and then winter project
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2021, 07:23 AM   #1595
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
71 C10 $7450. Not mine. Oh look the dash isn't cut!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/c...374910886.html

454 w/t400 trans
sand blasted and painted frame new exhaust
aluminum rad w/electric fans
12 bolt spool
5 lug front disc
all new brakes ,springs shocks wheels and all ball joint steering parts
long bed box bobbed 18 in
cab and door cut for roadster look
have the rest of the roof cut to do kindigit style respectable hard top
runs and drives great
would be great summer driver and then winter project
But everything else is.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:28 PM   #1596
68bowtie

Not mine but it would be if I had the space…

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1279...?q=c10&cid=5.1

1967 c10 custom original V8 truck small window runs drives registered. Motor that’s in its now is out of 72 C10 supposedly has 70k on it but I can’t confirm that. Motor has been completely resealed New water pump plugs wires  Master cylinder the brakes could use a little more work. Clean patina truck

$7,500

Name:  B117C11D-E200-4792-A6DE-47D8CAD7EA29.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  DF932C01-5C0F-47BE-A871-0702429D3F61.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  7A573D41-163A-44F6-9075-55C18BF66F1E.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  90.5 KB

Name:  9BA123A7-08FC-4B55-BAB0-3B86130D5091.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  58.4 KB

Name:  4B816260-7C95-4A2D-AE19-ACB3FAF543A0.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  49.6 KB

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:48 PM   #1597
jocko

71 C10 Custom lwb 292/3OTT with nice topper $14.9K
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:01 PM   #1598
Chevyland

White over black
No trim
6cyl 292 to boot 3ott cab lights on a half ton 2wd

That is a blast from the past
Love it
Attached Images

Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:02 AM   #1599
68bowtie

Yeah that is super cool.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:20 AM   #1600
67swb72klb

Man that's nice wood floor too!