The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

Project "Old Yeller"

About time I get this started.....

After looking for a semi clean & complete 67-72 for about 6 months I finally found my project about a month ago. There wasn't a whole lot in my area so I expanded my search and found Yeller in Huricane Utah.

The previous owners were really nice and provided lots of detailed photos/Info. After about a week of negotiating we agreed to a price and left So.Cal friday evening after work on the 400 mile trek to the land of the Mormons.

We arrived in St George at around 11:30pm and stayed the night at the inlaws. After a quick breakfast at Dennys we loaded up and headed out to Hurricane.

We arrived at the PO's house and I started looking at the truck. Truck is a factory 4 speed (sm465) 350 truck.Truck was very straight with almost zero rust.All of the lights, turn signals and horn were perfect. (truck was originally a AZ truck and garaged when the prior owner moved to Utah)

Took the truck for a quick spin around the block and she seems to motor down the road nice(crate motor with less than 20K miles...edelbrock 1406 carb/performer intake manifold).

PO gave me all paperwork for all service and maintanence performed on the truck. I have stuff dating back to 1984 including the sales contract when the 2nd owner bought it from a dealer in AZ. The second owner painted the truck yellow(no spid but truck appeared to be tan/white originally), replaced the motor and added a vintage Air AC unit.

Went back to the house handled the paperwork and jumped on the freeway for the 400 mile ride home.

Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote