The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #51
Snake72

Re: Found my grandfathers 71 gmc

I feel the same way about my 72, no amount of money can replace the attachment I have to it...I waited over 20 years for it but I also knew it was coming my way. Keep your faith, keep in contact and dont push them away. It'll be yours someday.

My dad has a black 56 chevy short step that his grandfather, so my great grandfather, bought new and used on the farm for many years. I hope to have that truck someday as well. Sounds like our grandpas had similar (great) taste in trucks!!
Snake72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:39 PM   #52
SCHRUMGMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake72 View Post
I feel the same way about my 72, no amount of money can replace the attachment I have to it...I waited over 20 years for it but I also knew it was coming my way. Keep your faith, keep in contact and dont push them away. It'll be yours someday.

My dad has a black 56 chevy short step that his grandfather, so my great grandfather, bought new and used on the farm for many years. I hope to have that truck someday as well. Sounds like our grandpas had similar (great) taste in trucks!!
Seems like they sure did. I love that old truck of my grandfathers
Old 10-21-2020, 03:17 PM   #53
SCHRUMGMC

Still hoping for some luck on getting this truck back

It would mean so much to me

I’ve offered money but didn’t hear anything back

Just going to be patient and give it time

Story time on the truck

When I was little, grandfather Gerald and I would get snacks and go to Dallas NC in it to his mothers house

The trucks radio was stolen out of it when my grandfather was a principal ha ha... I don’t think he ever replaced it

Grandfather loved that truck, but when he got sick he had to park it and it sat until it was sold when I was 17.

I just hope to get it back

A lot of people have said to me that it’s just a truck, but to me it’s more than a truck

Last edited by SCHRUMGMC; 10-21-2020 at 03:26 PM.
SCHRUMGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:51 AM   #54
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Yup patience, it's all you can do.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 09:54 PM   #55
SCHRUMGMC

I have offered a bigger offer for this particular truck. They’re going to be thinking about it

Hoping they take my offer on the old truck

It would mean so much to me

Keeping my fingers crossed for the outcome I am desperately wanting and that is
to be able to buy it

Last edited by SCHRUMGMC; 01-30-2022 at 10:00 PM.
SCHRUMGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 10:26 PM   #56
special-K
Special Order

I hope you get it

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 12:04 AM   #57
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Good luck! I would nearly kill to have my dads old K10.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 07:33 AM   #58
KevinK7

Thanks for the update, We're all hoping (praying) for ya'
Old 01-31-2022, 07:58 AM   #59
SCHRUMGMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK7 View Post
Thanks for the update, We're all hoping (praying) for ya'
I’m nearly breaking my fingers I’m crossing them so much

You all know how long I’ve been after it

My life would feel so complete
Old 01-31-2022, 08:09 AM   #60
MDFarms

Do you have a picture of this truck? How long has current owners had the truck? Apparently a long enogh time to build memories otherwise you would think they would let it go. Does it need much work? Any pics?
MDFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:15 AM   #61
SCHRUMGMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFarms View Post
Do you have a picture of this truck? How long has current owners had the truck? Apparently a long enogh time to build memories otherwise you would think they would let it go. Does it need much work? Any pics?
Go to the first page of this thread and you’ll see them all
Old 01-31-2022, 09:52 AM   #62
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Good luck! I hope they sell it to you...

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:54 AM   #63
georgieb51

This thread makes me think of a few things. I am now a grandfather and I still have the truck I bought 35 years ago, when my two daughters were ages 2 and 6. The truck is a 1972 Custom Deluxe Highlander. I used it for many years as a work truck, always taking it off the road in the winter, until I restored it and now it is too nice to use as a work truck. But I remember my kids riding in it when they were very young . I have often thought of giving it to one of my two daughters but they really do not have a way to store it and take care of it. They just are not truck people although one likes it alot. I guess this makes me realize I need to have a conversation about this because sentimental value counts for more than money. But I also have grandchildren, and that opens up other things to consider. I hope that you find your truck in your driveway one day. At least you have fond memories of your grandfather, and that counts for a lot.
Attached Images

1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:37 PM   #64
SCHRUMGMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgieb51 View Post
This thread makes me think of a few things. I am now a grandfather and I still have the truck I bought 35 years ago, when my two daughters were ages 2 and 6. The truck is a 1972 Custom Deluxe Highlander. I used it for many years as a work truck, always taking it off the road in the winter, until I restored it and now it is too nice to use as a work truck. But I remember my kids riding in it when they were very young . I have often thought of giving it to one of my two daughters but they really do not have a way to store it and take care of it. They just are not truck people although one likes it alot. I guess this makes me realize I need to have a conversation about this because sentimental value counts for more than money. But I also have grandchildren, and that opens up other things to consider. I hope that you find your truck in your driveway one day. At least you have fond memories of your grandfather, and that counts for a lot.

If I remember correctly as a small child we would run to my great grandmothers in it, and go get snacks at the local gas station. It would mean so much to me to be able to purchase it and own it

Fingers crossed
Old 01-31-2022, 09:51 PM   #65
yuccales

Quote:
Darn nice looking truck!
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:19 AM   #66
bwl101

Hope you are able to get it, reminds me of the story of my grandfather's truck I just got. Was sitting at a family members house in the back yard for years and I had to watch it rot. Finally got a call from them and they realized they wouldn't bring it back to life before the earth would claim it. Hopefully you'll get that random call saying they will take your offer!

Putting my Grandfather's truck back on the road:
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=829659
bwl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:53 AM   #67
Thundarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC View Post
If I remember correctly as a small child we would run to my great grandmothers in it, and go get snacks at the local gas station. It would mean so much to me to be able to purchase it and own it

Fingers crossed
Have you thought of trying to get a Right of First Refusal Agreement. It might keep them from selling it to someone else in the future. They may go for it if it would protect them to get market price for it, but let you have the first shot.

Just an idea while things are nice and friendly with the current owner.
Thundarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:58 AM   #68
custom10nut

Quote:
I can relate to this, as I bought my truck in 1992, (I was a 30 year career Army guy) when my daughter was 3 and my son was 6 weeks old. Neither one can remember me not having “the Truck”.
My son grew up under the hood as he spent many hours with me while we worked on it together. It was a defining moment in his life, when he was 16 yo and we had to run to the Auto parts store. The look on his face was PRICELESS when I asked him if he wanted to drive. He Still talks about “the day that dad entrusted me with driving the truck”.
It was tough moving around and holding onto to it as assignment change, and at one time it was in storage for five years when we were stationed in Germany, but now I’m so glad I did.
Now I’m retired, but my daughter works GS, and my son is an Army Tank Mechanic (go figure).
My love for theses trucks comes from my Dad’s 69 GMC, that I learned to drive and be a mechanic in. It’s long gone, as the Michigan Rust claimed it so many years ago.
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 12:04 PM   #69
SCHRUMGMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
Have you thought of trying to get a Right of First Refusal Agreement. It might keep them from selling it to someone else in the future. They may go for it if it would protect them to get market price for it, but let you have the first shot.

Just an idea while things are nice and friendly with the current owner.

They told me when they confirmed that it was the same truck two years ago that I’d be basically the first to know. Fast forward to nearly 2 years later. I offered a big chunk of money for it. They’re going to think about it

Fingers crossed
Old 02-01-2022, 05:39 PM   #70
custom10nut

Gosh, I really hope they decide to let you buy it.
Are they doing anything with it now, or is it one of those”we’re gonna fix it up one day” situations?
I really hope you don’t get subjected to watching it wither away, while they don’t do anything.
Years ago, I had two old cars two ol$ cars I asked about and the guys weren’t interested in selling, so I kinda gave up on asking. Fast forward 10 years, and I went to look again, and found that both of these owners had past, and the families just had those “Junk Cars” (a 67 Chevy II and a 70 SS Nova BB/4spd) hauled off. I almost cried
Old 02-01-2022, 05:41 PM   #71
SCHRUMGMC

They’re slowly restoring it as far as I know

I’m hoping to hear back soon
Old 02-01-2022, 05:46 PM   #72
custom10nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC View Post
They’re slowly restoring it as far as I know

I’m hoping to hear back soon
I’m pulling for ya.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:36 PM   #73
SCHRUMGMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
I’m pulling for ya.
Thank you. It would mean a lot to me
Old 02-02-2022, 01:02 PM   #74
leftybass209

Just ran across this and I remember your search years ago. I really hope all this works out for you.
Sometimes in this hobby you run across people that "act" as though a vehicle is really special, only to horse trade or sell it away because they found something else more special. It's pretty well apparent how important that truck is to you; you stayed persistent for years, found it, and upped your offer to get it.
I wish you all the best in eventually getting it.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:11 PM   #75
SCHRUMGMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftybass209 View Post
Just ran across this and I remember your search years ago. I really hope all this works out for you.
Sometimes in this hobby you run across people that "act" as though a vehicle is really special, only to horse trade or sell it away because they found something else more special. It's pretty well apparent how important that truck is to you; you stayed persistent for years, found it, and upped your offer to get it.
I wish you all the best in eventually getting it.

I am still eager to be able to get it

it’s a very special old gmc to me

I never ever gave up hope to find it