The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Sbc tbi vs port injection on a 4 barrel intake.

Yesterday I got back a bunch of stuff I sold a couple years ago because my friend is moving, and didn't want it anymore. Among other things it had a stash of efi things I was going to use to make into a system at one point.

So let's take a 350 sbc, and set a goal of 425hp with a 6500rpm redline a efi friendly cam. Let's use the Holley Terminator product line for flexibility, style, and integrated control of a 4L80e.

If I put a Holley Terminator stealth on a Victor Jr manifold vs a 4 barrel throttle body with port injection on the same manifold.

Would there be any pro's or con's to either system. In relation to each other?

Or does port fuel injection really work alot better or show the magic when there is a tuned manifold envolved like modern LS intakes.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:24 PM   #2
biketopia

Re: Sbc tbi vs port injection on a 4 barrel intake.

Port fuel injection will give much finer control of the fuel in each cylinder, and keep everything more consistent, but it's more pieces to the puzzle, more wires, more injectors to fail or get clogged, more fuel lines to run etc. For the hp and rev goals, you're totally in line to make that with a terminator stealth. Unless you have an intake with injector bungs and injectors then you could go that route for more fine tuneability , but for the goals I don't think it's needed.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:18 PM   #3
Ziegelsteinfaust

Thanks,

I had a dream of using my old LT1 350 parts with a 411pcm to fuel inject a 350, and do it like 5.0 mustangs with a sideways facing throttle body off a elbow on a Victor Jr. I got my injectors back, rails, and throttle body among a bunch of engine parts. He kept the 411pcm, and harness.

I was thinking it would be cool to use on a LT1 350, but a 4.8 LS is a better choice for my desires. Luckily if I get my 4L80e this weekend ot swaps over easy enough.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:06 AM   #4
biketopia

The LT is a capable engine, but the cost of converting the opti over to a torquehead set up is on the pricey side. The 4.8/5.3 is hard to beat.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
Ziegelsteinfaust

That is pretty much what it cost.

My truck is already set up for the LT, and I have a pile of parts to go with a carb temporarily. For very minimal extra cost.

So the LT would be cheaper initially, but cost a good bit more down the road. It could probably be something on the order of $1500 to $2000 more due to the aftermarket items needed. With the upside being it looks more 60's-70's.