The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Northern lights

Crank delete

I was kinda bored today so I decided it was time to make my window crank delete plates. I actually wanted to make them out of SS but don';t have any on hand so I made them from aluminum. Turned out OK but the damn paint chipped when I removed the screws (I kinda figured that would happen) so I guess the panels will be getting powder coated. Just gotta decide on a colour. Likely go with black or dark metallic charcoal to go with the kick panels and the new black carpet and black armrests that will be going in. I may powder coat the delete plates as well so they sorta dissappear.

Northern lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Crank delete

Your interior looks good Did you turn those on a lathe? Apparently you have power windows.....did you use a kit or DIY? I recognise the console as a '69-'72 , but what are the seats from?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
63deluxfleet

nice color selection sharp i saw in a magazine a kit that uses the stock crank like a lever you pull it slightly up or down to raise/ lower the window but that is also nice as well

.......THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS.....
63deluxfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
Northern lights

Thanks Capt. Yes, I turned them on a lathe. Don't know about the PW's, they were in the truck when I got it. The seats would be from a mid 80's Chev/GMC truck or blazer. I still need to replace that cassette player, I have a '63 radio on it's way but, alas, some knob cut the hole in the dash for the cassette so I will have to fashion some sort of face plate, likley out of SS and, perhaps engrave a boarder of some sort around it.

63deluxfleet, that sounds like a pretty neat idea. I had thought the if I was to go back to a bench seat (which isn't likely) I was going to make the 'delete' plate flat and mound the window switch on that. I like the power handle idea better.
Northern lights is offline   Reply With Quote