The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #1
hewlett2002000

Project Obviously Indecisive

Ok so obviously i am indecisive seeing as this is my third go around. I wont be surprised if nobody posts here... lol Ok so ill tell yall my plan as of now and i would really like some opinions.... Project Farm Rod!!!! that was my initial idea but my vision was LS powered. but due to circumstances i had to sell my power plant to buy a new DD. My vision for Project Farm Rod has a rake, with a simple wood bed flat bed, flat black with lime green wheels and roof. I figure ill get my suspension the way i want it then worry about drive train. Im thinking about getting my cousin to sand blast the frame and body, and powder coat the frame. he has a body shop near me and im pretty sure he would work with me.

Drive train will come last but ive been doing some research and decided on the engine. 408 stroker motor, using a 6.0l ls block as a base. carburated though, not injected. should be able to make 500hp for under $5000.

Lemme know what you think.

John
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:03 AM   #2
monolith
Zero Albedo

Re: Project Obviously Indecisive

Sounds good!

My vision for my truck has changed a couple times as well. I was gonna leave it pretty much the way I got it, except for a tuneup.

Then I see something that one of you guys is building and I think- "That's so COOL- I want my rig to be that cool!"

Fortunately- I've had to concentrate on executing electrical gremlins- so I haven't gotten too much else done, less to "redo" as I change my mind, I suppose.

Go with what makes you happy- you can always throw a bed on there later, repaint, different wheels, suspension- no reason why you can't have all of the trucks you want, even if you just have the one.

The key point is to enjoy fixing up and driving these great old trucks!

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

66 GMC 1500 wideside longbed 250 4spd "Project Rekker"http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467467
65 GMC 1Ton Panelhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...32#post4794432
65 Chevy Panel (former U.S.Navy truck)
64 Chevy Suburban Carryall 4x4http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358348
64 GMC 1000 wideside longbed 305 4spdhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=3600890(Rip- parts truck now)
68 Dodge Charger
monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 AM   #3
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

The best thing to do is to do what you can with the money you have.
I have a couple projects that I would love to be 6 figure builds.. but there is no way that is going to happen.
so instead of not doing them for lack of the big funds, I am just doing what I can .

get what you can done, put a running motor in it , drive it have fun, as you have the funds build up some good stuff for it , and put that in later.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
Northern lights

I would do all the bolt on stuff first and any cut & grind stuff last. It's easy to change the bolt on stuff should your ideas change but the cut & grind stuff aint so easy.
Northern lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
toms84ss

Not to rain on your parade. But if your not going to run the electronics. Then an LS swap is a waste in my opinion. You could build a 406 Gen1 with a carb for less. Why go through the expense of the conversion parts just to bolt on a carb? It's your truck and money. But you did ask.

Last edited by toms84ss; 08-04-2009 at 10:11 PM.
toms84ss is offline   Reply With Quote