The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #326
gopokes

Re: Project “Learning as I Go”

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68GMCCustom View Post
we just moved a month or so ago and the new place has a oversized 2 car (will fit 3 and they can be looong) detached garage, a 15x30 w/covered 2 car carport and a 40x40....and I still wish the 40x40 was a 40x60.
Dang, that's alot of space there. I wouldn't have enough stuff to fill all that up. Of course it would get filled eventually I'm sure. Seems like it doesn't matter how much space you have, you just acumulate more stuff.

We bought a pool table off a guy on craigslist and had it move to the new house, thinking it would fit in a bonus room upstairs. It would have fit, but then you would have to play with the little shorty sticks, which sucks. So I had them set it up in the garage. So now that it's taking up that space, it's really going to be a squeeze getting everything in.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #327
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

They fill up quick. I have 3 rides of my own plus the wifes. I plan to order a lift soon...but the 40x40 has L&R side roll ups but is missing the center door, (PO had it built that way) so I need to order one of those 1st. That and see about having the roof rebuilt...its a lightweight steel building and I'd prefer it have a heavier steel frame.

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #328
gopokes

So I have been trying to get my priority list straight after moving to the new house. I really want to get back to work on the truck, but won’t have a shop for quite a while. In all reality with as much as I have going on all the time, I really don’t have a ton of time to spend on it right now anyway. So, I’m thinking about putting her up for sale.

I’ve been going back and forth on it for quite a while now, and it seems like the right thing to do. I ran it by my wife the other night, and she didn’t think I was serious. After we talked about it, she said, if I did decide to sell it, I should buy another one after we get the shop built. It just seems like the time isn’t right, right now to have a project truck in the garage. So she might end up on Craigslist, and we will see what happens.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #329
russgoodman

You might be my favorite poster on here after seeing your username! Looks like you have done lots of work on it so far. I would hate to see you sell it. I say hold on to it if you aren't needing the money/space, enjoy the basketball season (looks promising!), and start back up on it when you get the shop done. And Go Pokes!, gopokes

2008 GMC Sierra Denali - 6.2L AWD - my daily
2011 Ford Flex Limited - Ecoboost AWD - wife's daily
1987 Buick Regal Turbo T - 63K miles - Strip/Street car
1965 Ford Mustang Coupe - 289, c4, 53K miles
russgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #330
Heylookitsdylan

Man, I just read through the entire build thread (gotta love the night shift!) the truck has come so far, and is turning out very awesome!! Don't sell it!! You'll end up regretting it!!
Heylookitsdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #331
gopokes

Man, I can't believe it's been over a year since I've posted on here. I didn't ever pull the trigger on selling the truck, but it has just been sitting this whole time. Had a crazy busy year, along with having our house flood because of a faulty line on our water heater upstairs.

I did decide to get back to working on the truck though. I went out to pull it out of the garage to assess where I should begin, and she wouldn't start up. After some checking, I found out the fuel pump was cratered. Got a new one ordered and installed, and as I was standing there listening to it run, I started seeing a puddle of liquid growing out from under the truck. The smell quickly let me know it was gas!! I jumped in and killed it, and realized I had a fuel line pop loose. Guess that's what I get for letting her sit for a year...

After I checked all my fuel lines, I fired her up again and she ran like a top. I'm going to leave the bed off so I can continue the rust repair, so hopefully I will update this again before a year goes by. Here is a little video I shot right before the gas lake started forming.

Last edited by gopokes; 11-06-2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: edit link
gopokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #332
AKChevyman
Chevy Forever

Just read through the whole build it looks good I am on year 9 of my build but I just started collecting some more parts and more importantly money to get it done. I am going to throw a build thread together soon.
Getting face lift and heart transplant .30 402 BB /TH400 and GV
Wifes car
1969 Chevelle SS 396 325hp/TH400
Factroy A/C Automatic w/ Floor shift console.
restored.
AKChevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:09 AM   #333
swamp rat

Welcome back!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote