The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2022, 04:18 PM   #1
Boog
laying low

Congratulations

I'm seeing these signs all around town this month congratulating us seniors. I don't know what we did but they sure seem to be happy for us.. ;-)
Attached Images

91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross

Last edited by Boog; 05-15-2022 at 05:10 PM.
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:41 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Congratulations

Must be senior appreciation week. The part I don't understand is why the young people get so worked up about it. They have resorts crowded and some wonton partying going on.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:54 PM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Our niece graduated yesterday from Iowa State (Hawkeyes) Carver Med School. First Dr on either side of the family. The cool thing was we watched it live streaming from our TV here at home. With her last name she was in the front row. A couple of our relatives along with her parents and brother were there. We texted back and forth with them during the ceremony. Kind of cool what technology has done. When they were on the screen we could say your on right now ... wave at us. It was silly, but fun.

Niece will be doing her residency at a hospital in SoCal (ish)

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:25 PM   #4
68bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Our niece graduated yesterday from Iowa State (Hawkeyes) Carver Med School. First Dr on either side of the family. The cool thing was we watched it live streaming from our TV here at home. With her last name she was in the front row. A couple of our relatives along with her parents and brother were there. We texted back and forth with them during the ceremony. Kind of cool what technology has done. When they were on the screen we could say your on right now ... wave at us. It was silly, but fun.

That’s awesome! Well done.

My wife just graduated last weekend with her masters in school psychology. She is the first in her family with any college degree, and a bachelors just wasn’t enough for her. We have a hefty loan to repay, but she is helping a lot of junior high kids manage their emotional and social health, so it’s worthy endeavor in my opinion.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 08:36 PM   #5
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I'm seeing these signs all around town this month congratulating us seniors. I don't know what we did but they sure seem to be happy for us.. ;-)
You lived this long. That's quite an accomplishment. I'll take that compliment as I try and remember why I walked into this room.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:39 PM   #6
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
That’s awesome! Well done.

My wife just graduated last weekend with her masters in school psychology. She is the first in her family with any college degree, and a bachelors just wasn’t enough for her. We have a hefty loan to repay, but she is helping a lot of junior high kids manage their emotional and social health, so it’s worthy endeavor in my opinion.
Congratulations to her. Helping kids in that age range means that she has a lot of bravery. But man, if you can help kids get through that time of life, you're setting them up to improve the rest of their life from what it might be otherwise. And the rest of us reap the benefits of that work. Even something as seemingly simple as road manners. Somebody who is happy with their life doesn't drive belligerently and takes others into account. Junior high is a time where there is enough malleability, along with enough independence, to really benefit from someone who cares about them. My hat is off to her.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:43 PM   #7
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

Congratulations to your niece. That's a huge accomplishment. I really can't imagine putting in that many years of school, and then have that followed by the residency, but I'm really glad that there are people who want to do that. Good luck to her as she starts to put her schooling into practice.
Old 05-19-2022, 08:46 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Not everyone appreciates us seniors. I got my hair cut today and they were gonna charge me full price! I had to say, "I'm 66 ya know". She quickly figured in the senior discount and I tipped her well

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 05-19-2022, 09:25 PM   #9
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Not everyone appreciates us seniors. I got my hair cut today and they were gonna charge me full price! I had to say, "I'm 66 ya know". She quickly figured in the senior discount and I tipped her well
I always feel weird ordering off the senior citizen menu. It's like I'm trying to get away with something. In my head I still feel like a young man but my body reminds me that I'm not.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 05-20-2022, 06:32 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I always feel weird ordering off the senior citizen menu. It's like I'm trying to get away with something. In my head I still feel like a young man but my body reminds me that I'm not.
We have our own menu? I'm supposed to be eating stewed tomatoes now?

Me too. That was the first time I said something anywhere. A few cuts back the haircutter automatically gave me the discount and it hurt my feelings . That is how I knew they gave a discount. I never think of my age. I talk to people 20 years younger as if they are my age. I see people I think of as old and have to remind myself they aren't older than me. I just built a handicap access ramp for a man who is only four years older than me. I don't even hire help. And it was a rush job, I only had two days before he came home from PT rehab on a walker.

Tim

Old 05-20-2022, 09:19 AM   #11
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
We have our own menu? I'm supposed to be eating stewed tomatoes now?

Me too. That was the first time I said something anywhere. A few cuts back the haircutter automatically gave me the discount and it hurt my feelings . That is how I knew they gave a discount. I never think of my age. I talk to people 20 years younger as if they are my age. I see people I think of as old and have to remind myself they aren't older than me. I just built a handicap access ramp for a man who is only four years older than me. I don't even hire help. And it was a rush job, I only had two days before he came home from PT rehab on a walker.
Good work. No way would that have happened here unless you found the right guy. My neighbor is having a new ramp built and the builders are two days into it which is fine, rather elaborate. The thing that surprised me is that they had lumber delivered 2 days before starting the job and still have not moved it away from the street. I texted my neighbor and offered to help move it into their fenced yard, away from the street on the second day I saw it. She said that she hoped it would be okay since the builders would be starting the next day. They are two days into it, still with lumber stacked by the street. Moving it out of street view and somewhere more secure would have been the first work activity if it was up to me. Okay, total sidetrack here, sorry. S - K's post triggered the thought.

Last edited by LT7A; 05-20-2022 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:57 AM   #12
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I also feel funny when young women call me "Sir'.

Might as well call me Grandpa.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 05-20-2022, 10:08 AM   #13
Boog
laying low

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I also feel funny when young women call me "Sir'.

Might as well call me Grandpa.
Well. We are grandpas.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 10:25 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

I realize I am a grandpa, but being called sir just seams too dignified for me. Plus, I may be older but I am available! We older (cough) gentlemen deserve respect and all that. But I don't see being called "buddy" as disrespectful. I'm a casual dude. But, if they call me "dude" I figure they're goofing on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Good work. No way would that have happened here unless you found the right guy...

... Okay, total sidetrack here, sorry. S - K's post triggered the thought.
No worries and thanks for the compliment. This thread has run it's course or I wouldn't have brought it back to Boogs original course. Certainly a big congratulations is due all the YOUNG seniors, Class of 22.

Placement of materials is step one. Never move except to cut and install. I had my material list on call, dropped by the lumber yard on my way down, forklift loads my trailer, Work off trailer first day, stock job before leaving. I stock saw horses with a reasonable amount to my right to slide onto the saw table. I like to pull my tape from the left and cut right end. You can keep material closer that way. I guess I learned the importance of efficiency. There IS a method to my madness

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 05-20-2022 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:33 PM   #15
Low Elco

Sorry to be late, but had to include- Oldest just graduated last week with an Associate's in HVAC with an emphasis in industrial controls. Took a while at night, but at least he's got that to wave around. His work is trying to get him to apprentice the Pipefitter's Union. We'll see. One of his upper bosses is a high school friend of my brother and says he wishes he had 10 like him. Can't find kids these days that want to work and know anything mechanical at all. Sorry, proud dad moment.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:27 PM   #16
Sheepdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Sorry to be late, but had to include- Oldest just graduated last week with an Associate's in HVAC with an emphasis in industrial controls. Took a while at night, but at least he's got that to wave around. His work is trying to get him to apprentice the Pipefitter's Union. We'll see. One of his upper bosses is a high school friend of my brother and says he wishes he had 10 like him. Can't find kids these days that want to work and know anything mechanical at all. Sorry, proud dad moment.
Good for him! Be Proud!
Dedicated to their profession, HVAC Mechanics are hard to come by.
Tell him to strive to be the best, never resist technology changes, and he will always have a job.
I come from the mechanical trades, reputations get around, so he will want a good one.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:28 PM   #17
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
No apology necessary, you have good reason to be proud. That's definitely the kind of person you want to work with in the trades.