The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2016, 06:15 PM   #1
68'CTown

Part Help???

Besides from buying the threshold plate sets with bowtie from LMC Truck as picture below, does anyone else sell this part or know where to get them at?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Craig

- Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is!
68'CTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Part Help???

Just about all the board vendors sell them.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:58 PM   #3
Gromit

Re: Part Help???

Do you still have your originals? Because my 1970 C10 still had the original thresholds and they appeared (initially) to be hopelessly rusted. And you cannot use electrolysis to remove rust on anything chromed - (due to hexavalent chromium toxicity and not to mention illegal and dangerous to dump the solution), so that option was out..

But I obtained a three foot section of ABS plumbing pipe from Home Depot and glued a 3" abs pipe cap on one end to form a deep narrow container; and filled the pipe with molasses (I think it was three 12 ounce jars) and a little water.. I put both of the rusty thresholds in there and stored it with a bungie cord holding it upright- and you can't be in a hurry because they sat for about a month while I was doing other things - but when I took them out they easily brushed clean down to good metal and I was able to prime and paint with urethane catalyzed paint and reuse those original thresholds - 45 years old....

Downside is they don't necessarily look stock because they are painted instead of chromed - but at least they are original and they could always be re-chromed in the future.

It would have been tough to clean them up by hand or with any kind of wire wheel or abrasive method; although probably a sandblaster would have a similar result..

Hope that helps and sorry no photos
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #4
El Dorado Jim

Re: Part Help???

https://issuu.com/truckandcarshop/docs/ts_60-72_web here are some, good price $19.00 each http://www.truckandcarshop.com/6072.html
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:30 AM   #5
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Part Help???

are you talking about the door sill plates? the ones that screw the down and hold the carpet? Classic parts has them, as do most of the vendors here.
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote