The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
jonesmak1972

Post 72 SWB, Turbo 6.0 build (slowly)

I've had this truck since I was 16 (2006) and originally built a 468 BBC with my dad for it and it ran well for many years and never quit! About 2 years ago I started gathering parts and dissecting the old ride, haven't been able to work on it a lot because its in my dad's garage and naturally I work more than when I was 16 haha.

ANYWAY, down to business: Started off sand blasting the engine bay

It needed it, the old engine mixed with a few years of a bad steering box had the engine bay looking pretty nasty

Next I decided, after dealing with all those years of literally no traction with an affordable lowering kit, to go with the adjustable ride tech kit out back. Also came to the conclusion the stock trailing arms might disintegrate with the new setup.

I wouldn't call the kit "bolt in" but its still a nice piece

Engine so far....
Stock bottom end Ly6 with deleted VVT, ARP rod bolts, Pac 1218 Springs, Comp trunion upgrade, China head studs, Tick stage 2 turbo cam (227/235 | .624”/.610” | LSA115+5), CTS-V accessory drive, Holley Hi-Ram intake, 120lb Holley injectors (overkill), and c6 exhaust manifolds.

Getting closer to the end I will need help from you LS swap guys that have done this before because I'm starting to get to the point where the small things left are overwhelming. Cheers and hope to keep progressing!

Last edited by jonesmak1972; 06-08-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: pics
jonesmak1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
jonesmak1972

Re: 72 SWB, Turbo 6.0 build (slowly)

Fuel set up is Dual Aeromotive Phantom walbro 340 system, 2 -8an lines to 1 -10an then back to 2 -8an at the rail. To a regulator out the front and then a -6an return line to the back. FYI for anyone considering it, the phantom kit foam baffle isn't quite tall enough for the tank, by like a half inch, but the fuel line to the pumps is stiff enough that I don't think it will fall over.

Also, was planning to use one flipped c6 manifold and one the correct way to take the turbo pipes behind the engine but the c6 mounted normally hits the engine mount. Attempted clearancing of the mount got me to where I could bolt the manifold on, but I'm pretty sure its still going to touch when the engine is running. Have a driver side ls3 Camaro manifold on the way to see if it will work.

Last edited by jonesmak1972; 06-08-2017 at 08:53 PM. Reason: pics
Old 06-08-2017, 08:24 PM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: 72 SWB, Turbo 6.0 build (slowly)

Hey man, start an actual build thread in one of the "Builds" sub forums for your generation! We're all interested in progress etc, but putting it in those sections will give it an easy place to expand (build threads can go 10+ pages easily) and be seen by the larger community.

Also, when your putting in pics, click the little "pic" icon (the postcard-looking mountain and sun image on the toolbar) and paste your picture links into the space.

For example your link : https://i.imgsafe.org/9bdcbbfdb1.jpg embeds to become

and welcome to the forum!

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #4
jonesmak1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Hey man, start an actual build thread in one of the "Builds" sub forums for your generation! We're all interested in progress etc, but putting it in those sections will give it an easy place to expand (build threads can go 10+ pages easily) and be seen by the larger community.

Also, when your putting in pics, click the little "pic" icon (the postcard-looking mountain and sun image on the toolbar) and paste your picture links into the space.

For example your link : https://i.imgsafe.org/9bdcbbfdb1.jpg embeds to become

and welcome to the forum!

thanks man, got those fixed. And I will look into making a post in a year specific build forum. thanks for the welcome!

Last edited by jonesmak1972; 06-08-2017 at 08:54 PM.