The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2022, 11:56 AM   #26
Knight72

Re: Big Rhonda long term build thread

Thanks LT7A.

I just wrapped up my PTO time, back to the grind today. I ended up getting less done than I hoped but more than I actually expected with two young kids and a overloaded wife. So with the breaks to help them and spend time playing with the kiddos, I ended up mainly working on rebuilding the transmission and putting the motor together. I am waiting on one sealing ring to show up for the th400 to be buttoned up and installed, and pushrods of the right length to put the engine back together. I checked my rod and main clearances to verify before putting the oil pan on. Everything checked out within specs. Brand new rod and main bearings installed. I got my camshaft delivered and installed and the dummy filler neck from pjmoreland, which is awesome quality. New timing chain set on, and the lifters back in their bores. No metal work this time around but I have some time in late June scheduled off, so maybe I'll get to it then. New stainless tube is in the shop for the fuel lines. I am excited to complete the drive train, it feels like I am really close to a wrapping up a major milestone. All I need to fully finish it is the driveshaft. I can't wait to hear it fire up. And then I spent a day installing tires on the daily driver and getting it aligned.
Attached Images

Still plugging away.

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...42#post8247142
Knight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:07 PM   #27
72Teeroy

Nice work
72Teeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:36 PM   #28
Knight72

Not a big update, but an important one. I knew the "chevy" orange the auto parts store sold me looked off, but I figured it was the light gray primer I used. The more I looked at it the more sure I was that they sold me a mopar orange. Well, I am a dummy for not confirming it sooner, but the color wasn't even close. I had to repaint it the right color, or I'd never hear the end of "You know that's hemi orange, right?" mainly from my dad. But boy does this new heart look sweet in the right Chevy red-orange color. Trans is finished up too, and the converter is here. I'll be buttoning them up this weekend and getting them in the truck. Exhaust mock up and driveshaft measuring comes next. I cannot wait to hear this truck run for the first time in at least 7 years.
Attached Images

Still plugging away.

Build thread:
Old 05-13-2022, 08:52 PM   #29
Knight72

And the engine and transmission are in place for good!!!!!!!!! Torque converter in all buttoned up. Waiting on balancer bolt and alternator. Hedman F-body headers fit like crap and did not work like the squarebody guy on another forum said worked for him. I was hoping they would fit and tuck up in the frame. No dice. But my $1500 engine purchase came in clutch again. The random rusty no name brand headers that came with the engine fit like a glove and hang about even with the transmission pan. they got 3 coats of high heat header paint and 2 coats of satin clear high heat. I can live with how they look and where they hang on the chassis. I'll be mocking up exhaust and cleaning up my shop this weekend. Then back on metal work on the cowl to get the front clip back on and installed. Bonus picture of the goodest girl Peaches
Attached Images

Still plugging away.

Build thread:
Old 05-22-2022, 07:24 PM   #30
Knight72

Wrapped up a few items and started a few more this week. I have the 3/8 stainless fuel line run from front to rear. Rubber lines and vent in place and I installed the fuel float in the tank. Got the drive shaft measured for cutting and installed the center support bracket on the drop crossmember. Radiator is mocked in position and is ready for tweaking and fitting next week. Pretty good weekend.
Attached Images

Still plugging away.

Build thread:
Old 05-22-2022, 09:38 PM   #31
72 tigger

Nice progress!
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote