The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
PLYONS11

Pre bent brake lines questions 3/4 ton LB

Hi all, finally got my truck home and began working on it. Got her running yesterday. It's hard to believe that it runs so well after sitting for so many years. All it took was to drain the fuel, replace a few lines, clean the carb, and replace the FP. After that it fired on the first crank w/o choke. It's a 3/4 ton GMC LB with a 305 V6. Picture to come.

In my past posts I have noted that I was going to do a 496 swap. That's still the plan, but as well as that 305 is running, I think I'm gonna drive it like it is for a while.

My first order of business is going to have to be the brakes. The lines are so far gone that I can crush them with my fingers. The issue I'm running into is that I can't find a pre bent line set for a 3/4 ton. I have checked LMC, Brothers, and Classic Industries. I also called LMC to see if the 1/2 ton set would work. The lady I spoke with was no help at all. When I google search all I find is also for 1/2 ton trucks.

Does anyone know where I might be able to fine a set for a 3/4 ton LB? Or if the set for a 1/2 ton will work?

Currently the truck has a dual master. The clutch line seems to be fine, but needs bled. (Clutch is sticking to the floor). For the time being I just want to get her driving and will go back stock. Future plans include disks up front and power brakes.

Thanks
PLYONS11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
boostedc20

Re: Pre bent brake lines questions 3/4 ton LB

I just ordered a complete new pre-bent kit myself from Classic Performance Products (CPP) for my 3/4 LB. I did switch over to their power brake kit though
boostedc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
pdxhall

Check out these guys. I got all my brake, fuel, and trans cooling lines from them. http://www.inlinetube.com/

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
cortcomp

x2 for inline tube, they have everything and it's good quality stuff.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=550931
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #5
WhippinSaw

Had to return a set to one of the bigger vendors because it wouldn't fit and had to pay 30$ return shipping to get my money back. Ended up buying a quality double flare tool and bending it up myself, wish I would of asked here first and ordered it from inlinetube.
Just in case, make sure they guarantee fitment and check their return policy
Good Luck
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
PLYONS11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
Check out these guys. I got all my brake, fuel, and trans cooling lines from them. http://www.inlinetube.com/

I checked these guys out and they look great, but I don't see anything for a 3/4 ton. Am I just missing something????

Thanks for the suggestions!!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
rideblue00

i dont like inline anymore, long story. but i did buy their 1/2t kit. they sent me the wrong rear axle line. i called them and they said i must have a diff axle. im like "nooo, its the original axle". well whoever i talked to said id have to return the whole kit and pay a restocking fee and pay the shipping back if i wanted my money back. uhhh no, so i just cobbled it into place. i already had everything in place cept the rear axle line. im not trashing them, just wont buy from them again.
rideblue00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:10 AM   #8
PLYONS11

Well, I ended up giving up on trying to find a pre bent line set and just did it myself. I did call a few of the big vendors and basically I found that none of them made a set that fit my application. It seems that no one makes a set for a 3/4 ton LB with the Dana 60 rear end.

I would have ended up modifying the set anyway I'm sure. When I start modifying and do power brakes I'm sure I would have torn it up. This way I only have a small amount of cash put in and won't stress over tearing it up to change it in the future.

I would recommend to anyone that's going to bend their own lines to invest in a tube straighter or make a diy straightener. I tried all the tricks posted here and all over the web and I just couldn't get it straight enough to my liking. I do however think that if I wasn't under a time crunch I could make myself a decent straightener for a small cost. When I end up trying this I'll be sure to start a post if it works!!!