The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2021, 12:16 AM   #1
Awann99

Quadrajet idle issues.

I have a rebuilt Quadrajet from National carbs one my 350 with a Sp2p intake and ram horn exhaust. Nothing fancy. Just something to daily drive. I have been having issues with the carb every few months we’re it floods out and spews gas out of every nook and cranny and won’t start. I’ll usually pull the fuel line off and run it dry buy turning it over and then it runs fine. The flooding usually foals the spark plugs as well so I change those. Now it runs extremely poorly. The idle is around 550 and it shakes like it has a vacuum leak but I haven’t found one. After it’s starts driving it preformed fine. Strangely after driving for about 15 minutes when I stop it will idle at 700-800 rpm for the rest of the time it’s running. Maybe a choke issue? It’s a non divorced electric choke. National Carbs said they will take it back and work on it because it sounds like a stuck float. But I wanted to see what you guys thought so I could better understand what going on and fix it myself if this happens again. Also the throttle has a tight spot. After a small amount of pedal it wants to hang up and you gotta kinda force it to get it to kick in.
Thank you.
Awann99 is offline   Reply With Quote