The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2021, 06:45 PM   #1
DetroitIron

1985 Radiator Support to Frame Bolt Kit

I have searched for info or photos that show how to align the rubber and washers in a new rad support bolt to frame kit. My girls bolts were rusted and nearly gone when I pulled the front clip off last fall. Hoping someone can post a phot or link showing how to place the bolt, spacers, and washer on each side

Thanks!

1985 Chevy Scottsdale K20 350 with 700R4 running 3.42 gearing aka "The Honey Badger"
1993 Silverado C3500 Ext. Cab Dually 6.5 turbo diesel
DetroitIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:15 PM   #2
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: 1985 Radiator Support to Frame Bolt Kit

if I understand your question right, you should be able to look for a poly. bushing replacement kit & the online PDF instructions show the order... I have the instructions and if desired, I can take a pic & post it for you. replacement bolts can be "regular" grade 8 bolts as long as the same size... also in general I would place a small amount of grease on the pads during install.
hope this helps.

good luck!!
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:22 PM   #3
DetroitIron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
if I understand your question right, you should be able to look for a poly. bushing replacement kit & the online PDF instructions show the order... I have the instructions and if desired, I can take a pic & post it for you. replacement bolts can be "regular" grade 8 bolts as long as the same size... also in general I would place a small amount of grease on the pads during install.
hope this helps.

good luck!!
Thank you. I am trying to post a photo of the parts that came in the kit...been awhile since I posted pics before...I will google that pdf and appreciate your help. When I was cutting the olde seized stuff off I was sure the internet would have many photos showing the order or cross section of how these bolts and spaces go..no such luck so far

1985 Chevy Scottsdale K20 350 with 700R4 running 3.42 gearing aka "The Honey Badger"
Old 04-14-2021, 07:25 PM   #4
DetroitIron

Pics attached
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2021, 01:51 AM   #5
Richard

While I never changed these on my old 85. Looking at your latest pic. Big bushing goes just like you have it, donut shaped one would go on the bottom side sliding around the protruding section. The rounded side of "donut" would go down. The cone style washer would go on the bottom just like it is sitting, with the coned section up so it captures and secures the "donut". Bolt goes in from top. Washer under nut on bottom. I might use a washer at the top as well. There is usually a large reinforcement washer built into the core support though.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #6
DetroitIron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
While I never changed these on my old 85. Looking at your latest pic. Big bushing goes just like you have it, donut shaped one would go on the bottom side sliding around the protruding section. The rounded side of "donut" would go down. The cone style washer would go on the bottom just like it is sitting, with the coned section up so it captures and secures the "donut". Bolt goes in from top. Washer under nut on bottom. I might use a washer at the top as well. There is usually a large reinforcement washer built into the core support though.
Thank you very much! I will try this