The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 10:13 AM   #1
texxxan

Re: Problems buying from gmachinz Jabin Wood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Stealing or being a thief = "low-life".

Taking money for something you're building for someone is an exchange. Not delivering the goods that someone paid for in a timely fashion is poor business practices. These are two distinctly different things.

If you buy something from someone and expect to get it or tracking info within x-days when that someone is KNOWN for extended delivery times/not meeting delivery times that doesn't make them a thief.

Purchasing products through PayPal using the 'Friends & Family' option to save a few bucks is a poor choice on all involved as it negates the possibility of other resources helping if there is a dispute between the parties. Name-calling someone that has your money & hasn't delivered your product will most likely not speed up their efforts to appease you.
He's already told me that he is not sending me the harness and that a refund through Paypal is "out of his hands." I wish he would prove me wrong here, but it is what it is. A thief.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
truckin 79

Look IMO all these people telling you to play nice is ludicrous. The guy clearly ripped you off and refuses to make it right. I have seen his name on this board numerous times and probably like you assumed he was a stand up guy with a legit business. You could always go the social media route.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
farmall

Taking payment with no or false ETA, no refund, would be a thief / lowlife.

The gray area is was an ETA given.

Asking for a refund and not getting one in any stage of the process is pitiful.
89 GMC Jimmy Stock https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=810958
71 LT1 Convertible, 72 Coupe
69 CJ5, 75 CJ6, 67 M715, 72 M35A2 Bobbed, 95 XLC2
Old 09-29-2020, 10:54 AM   #4
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxxan View Post
He's already told me that he is not sending me the harness and that a refund through Paypal is "out of his hands." I wish he would prove me wrong here, but it is what it is. A thief.
Is that because you started the demands & then name-calling? I get you're frustrated but if you started telling me "this is how it's going to be" I'd be thinking 'is that right?'.

I don't use PayPal because of their issues. I purposely use USPS Money Orders or other means so PayPal has no direct access to my accounts (because of issues w/them years ago). Even though I don't use PayPal, I know when using the F&F option, it removes the ability of assistance for you & perhaps it does for him as well. IDK, do you?

I'm not advocating for him. I'm just trying to get you to re-group & take another shot @ it w/a different mind-set.... Or as I stated, walk away & spend the $$ again.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:03 AM   #5
texxxan

Quote:
Is that because you started the demands & then name-calling? I get you're frustrated but if you started telling me "this is how it's going to be" I'd be thinking 'is that right?'.

I don't use PayPal because of their issues. I purposely use USPS Money Orders or other means so PayPal has no direct access to my accounts (because of issues w/them years ago). Even though I don't use PayPal, I know when using the F&F option, it removes the ability of assistance for you & perhaps it does for him as well. IDK, do you?

I'm not advocating for him. I'm just trying to get you to re-group & take another shot @ it w/a different mind-set.... Or as I stated, walk away & spend the $$ again.
I assure you that I never name called or cursed him at all. The only thing I asked for was a tracking number.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #6
1774btcrew

Quote:
I assure you that I never name called or cursed him at all. The only thing I asked for was a tracking number.
I am sorry you have had problems with him. So many people have. I can't say I know him personally but I have talked with him on the phone several times and I don't think he is a thief. I think he takes on more work than he can handle. Maybe he just doesn't know how to turn away work. It may be the money or it may be he just wants to make people happy. He doesn't just build harnesses for squarebodies so he is(or was) on several forums. So I am sure he has a ton to build. I have asked him before for tracking numbers and never received them either.
In my experience, people that are really good at wiring, are wired differently than other people. They just see things differently. When I bought my harnesses from Jabin, it took FOREVER to receive them. I am sorry this happened to you. He really does do exceptional work.

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #7
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1774btcrew View Post
I am sorry you have had problems with him. So many people have. I can't say I know him personally but I have talked with him on the phone several times and I don't think he is a thief. I think he takes on more work than he can handle. Maybe he just doesn't know how to turn away work. It may be the money or it may be he just wants to make people happy. He doesn't just build harnesses for squarebodies so he is(or was) on several forums. So I am sure he has a ton to build. I have asked him before for tracking numbers and never received them either.
In my experience, people that are really good at wiring, are wired differently than other people. They just see things differently. When I bought my harnesses from Jabin, it took FOREVER to receive them. I am sorry this happened to you. He really does do exceptional work.
I've actually heard nothing but great things about the quality of his work. This is partly my own fault. I should have researched him and certainly should not have paid him as friends and family. This has been a hard lesson to learn. He was very quick to answer my questions before I paid him. That all changed as soon as he got my money. I just want people to be informed. I wish I would have been.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:54 AM   #8
SKR

Quote:
If someone was mean to you you'd keep the money and the harness?
Old 09-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #9
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKR View Post
I understand what Scoti is saying, but I was not mean to him nor did I disrespect him in any way. Asking for a tracking number after 11 days is not unreasonable. I wasn't demanding that it arrive at my house now or anything like that. I have had issues with my mail carrier dropping of my packages to other locations other than my own. If he knew he was going to take a long time to get it to me, all he had to do was tell me. I'm pretty reasonable and just knowing what is going on helps.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:05 PM   #10
texxxan

I think I figured out how to do it.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2020, 01:41 PM   #11
SCOTI

Quote:
Nope.

But if the guy who is on the other end of this deal can't make a refund through PayPal happen because of the way it was done, he can't force PP to do anything.

If it was me (on the other end)? I would try to open communication & refund the $$ via other means if there was some decent back & forth AND I haven't used said funds to purchase the materials for the job. Start w/the mud slinging & I have already purchased the materials? You'd get your part when it's done & like Corts60 I wouldn't worry myself about keeping you happy otherwise.

I'm not saying Texxxan is slinging-mud either. But, the more people that start chiming in w/the name calling (thief has been popular in this thread) the worse a resolvable situation can get.

Quote:
I understand what Scoti is saying, but I was not mean to him nor did I disrespect him in any way. Asking for a tracking number after 11 days is not unreasonable. I wasn't demanding that it arrive at my house now or anything like that. I have had issues with my mail carrier dropping of my packages to other locations other than my own. If he knew he was going to take a long time to get it to me, all he had to do was tell me. I'm pretty reasonable and just knowing what is going on helps.
I believe this is his biggest fault. He does not communicate well. The only time you get something fast from him is if it's already built. Otherwise, he builds this stuff as a side gig.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 09-29-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:38 PM   #12
SKR

Quote:
Nope.

But if the guy who is on the other end of this deal can't make a refund through PayPal happen because of the way it was done, he can't force PP to do anything.

If it was me (on the other end)? I would try to open communication & refund the $$ via other means if there was some decent back & forth AND I haven't used said funds to purchase the materials for the job. Start w/the mud slinging & I have already purchased the materials? You'd get your part when it's done & like Corts60 I wouldn't worry myself about keeping you happy otherwise.
Texxxan said gmachinz told him he won't build the harness, and won't refund the money. I can't believe I live on a planet where there's circumstances that make that acceptable to someone.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:46 PM   #13
texxxan

Quote:
Texxxan said gmachinz told him he won't build the harness, and won't refund the money. I can't believe I live on a planet where there's circumstances that make that acceptable to someone.
He said a refund was out of his hands and that he redirected the harness back to himself because a vendor he uses put wrong parts in the box. He did however, tell me good luck with my project. After that, I have not heard one word from him. I asked him if I was going to get my money back or a harness? All I've heard is crickets since then.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:47 PM   #14
texxxan

Quote:
Oh, and never once provided me a tracking number to prove any of this.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #15
SKR

Quote:
He said a refund was out of his hands and that he redirected the harness back to himself because a vendor he uses put wrong parts in the box. He did however, tell me good luck with my project. After that, I have not heard one word from him. I asked him if I was going to get my money back or a harness? All I've heard is crickets since then.
Quote:
Oh, and never once provided me a tracking number to prove any of this.
Well make damn sure you don't badmouth him until you get your harness or a refund. He sounds pretty delicate.
Closed Thread