The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2020, 06:37 PM   #1
SuperChief

Question GMC parking light assembly

Is there any interest out there in 56 GMC parking light assemblies. I have a pair that appear to be NOS replacements, but not positive. Says made in USA.
SuperChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:39 AM   #2
Rickysnickers

Re: GMC parking light assembly

I don't know if your intention is to post a for sale ad, but please do not. You need to be a paying member to do so.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
SuperChief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
I don't know if your intention is to post a for sale ad, but please do not. You need to be a paying member to do so.
I was not trying to sell at this time. If I do I will follow the rules and find out how to sell. I saw a pair on e-Bay and listed at $1k. I no longer have the truck and was trying to find out if any interest in the parts. I apologize, I only wanted to see if there is an interest and determine if $1k is legit. Thank you for keeping these posts honest. (hope this is taken as being an honest reply.
SuperChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:34 PM   #4
Rickysnickers

Superchief,

Thank you and this is taken honestly, and at face value. Sorry you no longer have the truck. As an FYI, here's the info on becoming a member and selling

membership: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a....php?f=14&a=17

selling: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=14&a=8

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 11-22-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:04 PM   #5
mr48chev

As Rickysnickers said you have to be a paid premium member to post anything that can be considered as a parts for sale post even when it is an innocent question.

Price wise on Ebay or FB maketplace or Craigslist. I'd say that there are guys who are trying to get rich off the old car and old truck folks every day of the week.
Honest is sticking it on Ebay with a low starting price and offering world wide shipping at a reasonable cost and hope for a bidding war. I sold a bellhousing off the AX-15 out of the 97 Dodge Dakota that had a 5.2 V8 in it for over 100 more than I paid for the transmission with bellhousing. Some Jeep guys wanting to put 318 or 360 V8 engines in their jeeps with the AX 15 trans got in a serious bidding war over it. It almost paid for the Novak adapter to hook it to my Chevy bellhousing.

Still as far as I know no one makes those pieces for GMC in repro

The filling station shows lenses and gaskets for GMC but nothing else https://store.fillingstation.com//sh...&searchtype=FT Usually if it exists in the aftermarket as far as pieces like this go they show it. A very vague or basic search and scroll works best on their page. This time it was Park light.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote