The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
mattboe91

Floors and air ride managment

Hey there just wondering if anyone on here has ever installed the new full floors ive seen out there now. Just wondering how they were to install, fitment quality etc. I know with that part being aftermarket more than likely being a foreign part and realize alot of that stuff out there fits like junk was just wondering if anyone has seen them installed or done it themselfs.

Also getting to my second question was recently at this years sema show and talked to alot of air ride companies accuair, ridetech, air lift, and air bag it was just wondering who out there have used these companies and if so how you liked them and have anyone had any issues with their systems?

Thanks everyone
mattboe91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Floors and air ride managment

Regarding air suspension companies, one you mentioned is NOT like the others. They are all very good companies with the exception being airbagit. Do a Google search on airbagit.com, AIM, and Chassis Tech. You will be pleased that you found out what company you do not want to invest your money with.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
oldschool18

I have been using stuff from airbagit.com for over ten years, have lowered a couple trucks and have used there airbags and there plug an play air systems and have never had a problem with them.

62 Impala
70 C-10 LWB
71 K-10 SWB
85 C-10 LWB==SOLD
01 2500 HD

Members Met......2003Silverado (Dave)
oldschool18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
Pro Performance

I agree with N2Trux, stay away from Airbagit.com, as they are known for poor quality. This is just my experience, and what I have heard from majority of other people. I am not saying Oldschool18 is wrong and couldn't of had their product without problems.... I just that that is a rare case. Again, just my opinion.

The other companies you mentioned are great and there are others choices too that are good to go with. It all depends on your goals with the truck and your budget. I just hate to see someone save a little now, and end up costing more later to re-do it right the second time.
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #5
bk2life
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattboe91 View Post
how you liked them and have anyone had any issues with their systems?

do you want a one-stop buy everything shop? because each place has good things/products at different levels of entry. if that makes sense.
airbaggit has been in the business way before any of the mentioned other names, yes there is and always will be name calling in the industry.

take shock waves for example, awesome piece of work, greatly deisnged, beatuiful to look at. not sure on recent price but they used to be around $700 each, for a 69 dollar airbag and a 120 dollar adjustable shock, with a chunk of billet to make them all one piece.

it all comes down what you want, what your budget is, and if you can fabricate, or it needs to be all bolt-in stuff.

i live about an hour from airbaggit/aim and have purchased many parts from them over the last 20 years, some arent the quality i wanted, but i have also purchased parts from chevrolet that didnt have the quality i wanted either..
bk2life is offline   Reply With Quote