The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Shugalou

Looking for my Dad's truck My dads 1978 Chevrolet Pickup Ontario

First of all I have to say what a great site this is, I just found it today and have been spending hours looking through the photo archives seeing if I can find my dad's truck...no luck yet. My Dad sold his truck to a friend and I'm hoping that maybe he's on this site or someone may know the where abouts of the truck.

I know this is a long shot but I figured I'd try on this site since it seems filled with enthusiasts

8 years ago around this time my Dad sold his truck before he entered the hospital and sadly my father passed away in the hospital. My dad invested a lot of health and money into the truck and I'd like to track it down to hold onto a peice of our past together.

I helped my dad rebuild the truck (including scratching the freshly painted passenger side door while installing new mirrors)

Details about the truck.
1978 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 1500 Pickup Truck (Pretty sure this was the model)
rebuilt 454
air bag suspension
edelbrock intake
custom headers made
Hunter green - pinstripe down the side
raised up on mud style tires
dual gas tanks
Truck was sold in King City/Aurora, Ontario

The only picture I have of the truck is with my dad and uncle and it doesn't really show the truck well but you can see the mirrors, the camper wasn't on the truck when he sold it. I've attached another picture for reference.

I realize this is a long shot without the VIN but any info is much appreciated.

I've had some people respond telling me that I could look up an old insurance slip...unfortunately I don't have any of this info. After my dad passed my step mom (against my wishes) gave away, sold or tossed everything so I didn't have a chance to get anything.

If you have any info please email me at shugalou@hotmail.com

Thanks for looking
Attached Images

Shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote