The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2020, 09:19 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Monroe, Wa.
Posts: 17,370
And then there was one ... Really really lol

So tonight I finalized the sales of the last of my 67-72 Chevy Trucks, Burbs and Panel, well except for the 71 C30. I made no trades to buddies, so they wont come back to me. All were sold for cash, and all titles have been transferred.

I even sold my panel. I sold it to one of my sons. He got a great deal, but I was tired of giving them things and having them turn around and sell them, so he had to pony up. He already has the engine I had for it torn down. Sounds like he is going to build it just like the rendering I had done. He loves the red interior that Grumpy Old Man is doing for it. Just waiting on the seat cover.

Most of my NOS large parts are gone, Im keeping the hood for the C30. No more parts trucks, no more titles and vins. Sold 95 percent of the 67-68 stuff. I still have a lot of parts and pieces for 71-72 Burbs and trucks.

Now that I finally have room to spread the parts out to see what I actually have left Ill be able to start moving that stuff down the road too.

Im down to two projects, the C30 and the Corvair. Im in no hurry to do either anymore. Ill just putz around with them when Im in the mood, or send them down the road too haha (ok probably not).

I dunno, I think turning 61 last month made me realize how silly it was to keep dragging more "good stuff" home, and just be happy with a couple of projects. Dragging things home though is a bit of an addiction for me, hopefully Im past it, been doing it since I was 15 though so????
__________________
...
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:52 PM   #2
best view
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: newbury new hampsire
Posts: 653
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

Once u admit your old then u will become old stop looking in the mirror I wish I was only 61 your a kid
best view is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:12 PM   #3
gmc684x4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Whitehorse yukon
Posts: 834
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

As long as your using your collection fixing and or selling i view that as a good hobby

It is the fellas that hoard 50 or so truck cars vans never build anything never sell any of them
Then they pass away and who ever deals with the estate crush them all i find saddening
gmc684x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:20 PM   #4
68bowtie
Senior Member
 
68bowtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Turlock, CA
Posts: 6,174
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

There’s beauty to the minimalist concept. Hard to achieve when you’re drawn to things.

Enjoy it and don’t look back! Always another adventure around the corner when you’re ready.
__________________
"if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well"

Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb):
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686732
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #5
j_cst_10
Registered User
 
j_cst_10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 401
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

I went through a recent thinning of the herd as well. I am only 35 but my realization happened after having my second child and now have a 3yr old and 1yr old.

I had as many as 9 cars and trucks and the stuff I was keeping wasn't getting worked on and being neglected. Down to the 3 toys in my signature. Focusing on getting my Monte Carlo manual trans swap and ford 9" done so I can drive it before it turns to complete crud outside.

Nothing wrong with a little focus! Of course now that I made some space I have been hunting for a 69-72 blazer non stop. Oh well....
__________________
1972 Cheyenne Super 20 custom camper
12 Valve Cummins/5spd manual

1991 Suburban 2500 454/4L80E 2wd
1985 Monte Carlo SS 383 Sbc, t-56 magnum 6spd and Ford 9" - in process
j_cst_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:50 PM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Monroe, Wa.
Posts: 17,370
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

I’ve tried to get here many times before, I never quite got to this level. When I started the process this time I had 13 vehicles in my name and one is my daily driver. I was offered many trades on stuff and that’s an incredibly hard thing for me to say no to, I really want to stick it this time. That’s why it had to be cash and titles transferred immediately.

Having two projects in my focus now is going to really help. Both are very different, tired of one switch to the other. I also have a mini bike project that is slowly taking off with my 8 year old grandson.
__________________
...
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:03 PM   #7
Wootdog
Senior Member
 
Wootdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Virginia Beach, Va, USA
Posts: 1,661
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

I can understand the thinning of the heard. We just let the wife's 1957 MG A go down the road three weeks ago. I am down to one project, 56 210 two door hard top. I have most of it done and it is road ready and licensed. It seems once I get them done, I get bored with them and send them down the road.
V/R
Kerry
__________________
1967 C10 Step Side.
1990 IROC Z Convertible
2002 Silverado LT
1956 210 2 Door Hardtop Latest Project
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:10 PM   #8
tim71
Senior Member
 
tim71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Posts: 444
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by best view View Post
Once u admit your old then u will become old stop looking in the mirror I wish I was only 61 your a kid
I agree, I wish I was 61. Passing in to the top half of my 60's, I decided that the best thing that I could do for my physical and mental health was start another project. Alas, 3 weeks into my 72 Blazer build and I already feel healthier and sharper (unless I dwell on the rust in the Blazer).
__________________
1971 K1500 SWB
1972 Blazer Highlander
tim71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:44 PM   #9
CG
BlahBlahBlah
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Monroe, Wa.
Posts: 17,370
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

I don't think I have one foot in the grave at 61, not sure where that came from. I think dragging stuff home all the time, never finishing anything, constantly trading projects back and forth, is a hobby with diminishing returns.
__________________
...
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:52 PM   #10
72c20customcamper
Registered User
 
72c20customcamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Napanoch new york
Posts: 2,885
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I don't think I have one foot in the grave at 61, not sure where that came from. I think dragging stuff home all the time, never finishing anything, constantly trading projects back and forth, is a hobby with diminishing returns.
I'll be 62 in a few months and I keep adding . But all my others are done just need to finish the stepper the 72 and 68 are getting mechanicals only
__________________
Mark
72 c20 custom camper Husky edition,66 SS396 Chevelle 1964 Hawk, 63 Avanti,62 lark
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:00 PM   #11
71CHEVYSHORTBED402
Senior Member
 
71CHEVYSHORTBED402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 5,496
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
So tonight I finalized the sales of the last of my 67-72 Chevy Trucks, Burbs and Panel, well except for the 71 C30. I made no trades to buddies, so they wont come back to me. All were sold for cash, and all titles have been transferred.

I even sold my panel. I sold it to one of my sons. He got a great deal, but I was tired of giving them things and having them turn around and sell them, so he had to pony up. He already has the engine I had for it torn down. Sounds like he is going to build it just like the rendering I had done. He loves the red interior that Grumpy Old Man is doing for it. Just waiting on the seat cover.

Most of my NOS large parts are gone, Im keeping the hood for the C30. No more parts trucks, no more titles and vins. Sold 95 percent of the 67-68 stuff. I still have a lot of parts and pieces for 71-72 Burbs and trucks.

Now that I finally have room to spread the parts out to see what I actually have left Ill be able to start moving that stuff down the road too.

Im down to two projects, the C30 and the Corvair. Im in no hurry to do either anymore. Ill just putz around with them when Im in the mood, or send them down the road too haha (ok probably not).

I dunno, I think turning 61 last month made me realize how silly it was to keep dragging more "good stuff" home, and just be happy with a couple of projects. Dragging things home though is a bit of an addiction for me, hopefully Im past it, been doing it since I was 15 though so????
I'd like to offer my condolences

Know what you mean by age and also selecting priorities. I did that years ago, Chevelle or Chevy, I found it an easy choice, good bye Malibu
__________________
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402/400TH, A/C money pit. Looking for OEM rear sport bumper brackets specifically for a SWB, 2WD, leaf spring truck.

72 Cheyenne Super, C20, 402/400TH, A/C. Donor, hauler, naturally vented. Dependencies like gauges, heat, wipers, & headlights don't work-just how I like it.

How is it frame-off when the frame is the last thing left.......................Tony
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:12 PM   #12
LockDoc
The Original Thread Killer

 
LockDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montezuma, Iowa
Posts: 21,255
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

-
I have always had too many projects. I am pretty good about finishing them but sometimes it takes me a while. I have 4 old cars (all driveable) and 6 '67-'72 Chevy trucks (4 driveable) & 2 are projects. I have been working on the '70 short bed since 2008 and at this time it has been sitting for quite a while without being worked on. I have built other trucks since then but for some reason I just ignore it. The thing is I will be 78 the day after Christmas so I think I need to get busy or follow CG's lead....

LockDoc
__________________
Leon

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:58 PM   #13
71CHEVYSHORTBED402
Senior Member
 
71CHEVYSHORTBED402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 5,496
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I have always had too many projects. I am pretty good about finishing them but sometimes it takes me a while. I have 4 old cars (all driveable) and 6 '67-'72 Chevy trucks (4 driveable) & 2 are projects. I have been working on the '70 short bed since 2008 and at this time it has been sitting for quite a while without being worked on. I have built other trucks since then but for some reason I just ignore it. The thing is I will be 78 the day after Christmas so I think I need to get busy or follow CG's lead....

LockDoc
That's incredible Doc, nice. 78 aint getting any younger buddy, but doesn't have to be old for sure. I'll be 59 day before Christmas
__________________
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402/400TH, A/C money pit. Looking for OEM rear sport bumper brackets specifically for a SWB, 2WD, leaf spring truck.

72 Cheyenne Super, C20, 402/400TH, A/C. Donor, hauler, naturally vented. Dependencies like gauges, heat, wipers, & headlights don't work-just how I like it.

How is it frame-off when the frame is the last thing left.......................Tony
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:33 AM   #14
Grumpy old man
Senior Member
 
Grumpy old man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gods country East,Tn
Posts: 6,721
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

" He loves the red interior that Grumpy Old Man is doing for it. Just waiting on the seat cover."

I hope he likes the diamonds , Because I'm tired of sewing them . This is what happens when I take on too many projects ,It takes time but I think you'll be happy with the end product . Time to get them packed and sent .
Attached Images
  
__________________
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #15
71CHEVYSHORTBED402
Senior Member
 
71CHEVYSHORTBED402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 5,496
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
" He loves the red interior that Grumpy Old Man is doing for it. Just waiting on the seat cover."

I hope he likes the diamonds , Because I'm tired of sewing them . This is what happens when I take on too many projects ,It takes time but I think you'll be happy with the end product . Time to get them packed and sent .
__________________
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402/400TH, A/C money pit. Looking for OEM rear sport bumper brackets specifically for a SWB, 2WD, leaf spring truck.

72 Cheyenne Super, C20, 402/400TH, A/C. Donor, hauler, naturally vented. Dependencies like gauges, heat, wipers, & headlights don't work-just how I like it.

How is it frame-off when the frame is the last thing left.......................Tony
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:42 PM   #16
CG
BlahBlahBlah
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Monroe, Wa.
Posts: 17,370
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

Burbs and a huge truckload of Burb parts left this morning.
Attached Images
 
__________________
...
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:53 PM   #17
SCOTI
Registered User
 
SCOTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DALLAS,TX
Posts: 19,525
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

It's hard to let stuff go but sometimes a purge lets you refocus. You can always purchase more if/when the desire strikes.
__________________
67SWB-B.B.RetroRod
64SWB-Recycle
89CCDually-Driver/Tow Truck
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides

Building a small, high rpm engine
with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive...
like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol....
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 04:46 PM   #18
72 tigger
Senior Member
 
72 tigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Berne IN
Posts: 2,380
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71 View Post
I agree, I wish I was 61. Passing in to the top half of my 60's, I decided that the best thing that I could do for my physical and mental health was start another project. Alas, 3 weeks into my 72 Blazer build and I already feel healthier and sharper (unless I dwell on the rust in the Blazer).
Good for you Tim!
__________________
71 C10
72 K20
72 K10 Super
Kirk
72 tigger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:02 PM   #19
CG
BlahBlahBlah
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Monroe, Wa.
Posts: 17,370
Re: And then there was one ... Really really lol

I dropped off the load of burb parts. New owner had already gone over and under the 72 C10. He had only seen it in pictures.

Did you know there is zero rust issues underneath, and the other rust issues are actually pretty minor? Yep, I knew. But to just look at in a picture it looks pretty krunky lol!

Now its time to use the room those two behemoths took up to spread out and take stock. Maybe Ill start a small pile of stuff just in case haha!
__________________
...
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2020 67-72chevytrucks.com